Web icon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web icon

Any chance to replace the vbulletin icon in the browser tab?

I've done a really quick icon (32x32 shown below) but I think a contest would be a better way to do this as mine sucks XD

I used realfavicongenerator.net and attached the generated icons from this (so it should work everywhere). But I really do think this could be a great contest
    Attached Files

Website is in dire need of a rebranding / pick-me-up. A contest could do the trick. Was just gonna rebrand everything for the fun of it, not expecting for it to be used, at some point. Who knows!

- Links -

Comment

Originally posted by Vertigo View Post
      Website is in dire need of a rebranding / pick-me-up. A contest could do the trick. Was just gonna rebrand everything for the fun of it, not expecting for it to be used, at some point. Who knows!
      We tried doing a contest for people to submit stuff to help design the site, and it got little response. I designed the current layout, but I have no experience so this is the best I could do for now.

Once Dreams comes out, or even in the beta, we've talked about designing the new site backgrounds, headers, emoticons, user titles etc. entirely in Dreams.
      So perhaps we'll relaunch the contest then.
      - Formerly known as FlyingIrishMan

Comment

I actually REALLY like the design as it is. It's simple and does the job. I just wish I could identify the tab easier. I think it's a good idea to wait as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Koltonaugust View Post
          I actually REALLY like the design as it is. It's simple and does the job. I just wish I could identify the tab easier. I think it's a good idea to wait as well.
          Yeah, we'll always keep it simple, the overall layout won't be changing much, if at all.
          Just some new backgrounds, and and stuff to make the place look a bit more modern.

I've added your favicon now anyway, thanks.
          Maybe you can try help work on one within Dreams when that comes out and we'll update it again then?
          - Formerly known as FlyingIrishMan

Comment

Originally posted by Billy View Post

We tried doing a contest for people to submit stuff to help design the site, and it got little response. I designed the current layout, but I have no experience so this is the best I could do for now.

Once Dreams comes out, or even in the beta, we've talked about designing the new site backgrounds, headers, emoticons, user titles etc. entirely in Dreams.
            So perhaps we'll relaunch the contest then.
            Very cool idea. Will definitely be entering that one.

- Links -

Comment

If it was a formal thing I would probably actually spend some time in gimp making something look a little nicer. Like I said, the icon I made was just a placeholder example :p. I really think someone's gonna make something cool and screenshot it from dreams.

Comment

Just seen the update it looks epic
                STAY

Comment

Looks like Billy attached the Icon? Looks really cool

The site was put together very quickly when our original site LittleBigNetwork came to an end....
                  Billy did all the work and I did all the breaking over a couple of days

We're planning to give an update to the look when we get our hands on dreams as it really fits with the dreams ethos to create dreams content within dreams itself.
                  Experience has shown that keeping everything simple and straightforward, immediately accessible, navigatable and functional provides the best user experience. Adding a cover page, separate animated bells and whistles may look snazzy but it's more about sharing, enjoying and reading each other thoughts and ideas that counts...that other stuff just gets in the way of getting straight to Sir monacles latest eccentric musing, MDKDs latest floor tiles. b-colis latest Funko pop purchase, waffles latest LBP stream etc.

The most important thing to bear in mind is that dreamsverse is your forum, run and shaped by all the members to do whatever you like with
                  ‚Äč

Comment

Originally posted by EnochRoot View Post
                    Experience has shown that keeping everything simple and straightforward, immediately accessible, navigatable and functional provides the best user experience. Adding a cover page, separate animated bells and whistles may look snazzy but it's more about sharing, enjoying and reading each other thoughts and ideas that counts...that other stuff just gets in the way of getting straight to Sir monacles latest eccentric musing, MDKDs latest floor tiles. b-colis latest Funko pop purchase, waffles latest LBP stream etc.

The most important thing to bear in mind is that dreamsverse is your forum, run and shaped by all the members to do whatever you like with
                    Someone said my name. It's not another lynching, is it?

Maybe it's just me, but I honestly like the ye-olde-school forum layout this website has, although a new logo/web icon contest couldn't hurt.

Say, doesn't Vbulletin support themes? Right in the the bottom-left corner, I think. If DreamsVerse ever has a contest over re-designing its layout, having it purely optional would be a much better approach.

Also, if you truly despise this website's theme, you can simply change it to the default "Orange Purple". Take that, Billy!

Comment

If anything, I would just make the header portion smaller so the good stuff isn't so far down.

Comment

Working...
                      X