Hello from a newbie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from a newbie!

Hello everyone! I'm very new to Dreams--I just downloaded the early access version two days ago--and new to Media Molecule games, too.

I'm really impressed with what I've seen so far--both the mechanics of Dreams and the creations that have already been made. There will definitely be a learning curve for me, but I'm having fun experimenting.

At the moment, I'm​ most interested in creating environments that can be explored. As a kid I loved the Myst games, especially the original, and would spend a lot of time just wandering around the ages. I remember wishing I could create little virtual worlds like that. That was immediately what I thought of when I saw some videos of what Dreams can do. I watched the video about "creating a forest in 30 minutes" on YouTube and I was sold.

I'm looking forward to improving my skills and to seeing what people create as the community grows!

Hi Higgy_with_it,

welcome to dreamsverse, nice to meet you! Ceating logic in dreams has some similarities to creating logic in littlebigplanet! Building environments is totally different to what we know from LBP. So the mentioned learning curve will be for all of us. I remember the Myst game and this has been one of the few PC games that I've played in earlier days. Its also been one of the few games that the power of my PC's could only just handle! I'm sure that soon we will see lots of impressive new creations that will make us be awestruck! Have a lot of fun exploring all the possibilities of dreams and many greetings, Jürgen^^

Comment

Hi Higgy_with_it

I feel like I should post a will smith get jiggy with it YouTube clip in welcome...
      Looking forward to sharing the dreams adventure with you. I'm from a LBP background and have been a long time fan of media molecule games, so it may come as some re-assurance that even though I was in the beta i too am still getting to grips with just the basics and the learning curve. So many delightful distractions every time I pop on dreams.
      In fact folks like yourself from a non -LBP background help enrich the dreamsverse with variety and originality, whereas some sad LBP sacks seem intent on flooding the dreams servers with 4th rate LBP knock offs...for the love of god make it stop!

Comment

Hello Higgy! Awesome to have you here, welcome aboard!

Comment

welcome to our neck of the interwebs! glad you found us!

yeah it is an incredible game, man if you are new to Mm, you still have some other creative games to catch up on. LBP, LBP2, LBP3 Tearaway

all great games with heir own creative twist, LBP started it all though. basic, simple, and so many possibilities and once the community got ahold of it, created in ways that Mm didn't expect.

hope you have a nice time while you are here!

well best of luck with your creative endeavors! if you have any questions, just let us know!

on twitter @b_coli_ LBP related, or @TheMindOfColi everything else!

Comment

Working...
          X