Howdy.....again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy.....again

Hello y'all. Glad to see the names of some old play/create/share buddies are here now. I just downloaded the early access tonight. Messed around for about 20 minutes. Not sure what to think to be honest. One thing for sure is that I hate having to use the motion sensor on the controllor to navigate the little turd guy. I really hope you'll be able to use the thumstick to move that little bastard around.

Hey Brother! Glad you decided to give it a whirl....can't wait to see what my favourite creator on LBP comes up with.
    I totally agree with your dislike for the motion control set up, reminds me of those damn motion control Bruce used to torture us with on LBP. Initially it can be quite off-putting but with a little practice and familiarisation, it becomes workable.
    The really good news is that MediaMolecule is working flat out to implement a LBP fixed style create interface as a top priority. This was by a long way the largest amount of complaint and feedback during the beta by a massive margin....it's almost like they fell in love with their motion controlled system they got carried away with it and forget about simplicity and ease of use. They had about 9 rebuilds of the model over the development so must have already some layouts ready and it won't be too long before they rectify the situation.
    I would suggest just chilling in create, play the tutorials, get used to some tools, watch Pooks tutorials:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZy2...CV3cpouL9WFyJF
    dreamsurf through the dreams already being made....I'll send you some recommendations
    great to have you onboard mate.

Comment

Dang, look who's back from the Trailerhood! Good to see you on here Hoggie. I've only had the game a week, and I've gotten used to the 3-d motion control set-up. Maybe because I'm kinda used to these type editors since they use the same set-up in other games like Farcry, or that older game Disney Infinity. I tinkered with them, and they're similar. Anyhoo, don't let it discourage you, you'll get the hang of it too.

Comment

Early access is still basically a beta with more upgrades and modifications being added during it's course. When the game gets full release all early access users get everything included at no extra cost so it's a bargain in that respect

Comment

Yeah, I reckon most people wouldn’t like that damn motion crap. It’s really going to mess with me once I’m about 5+ whiskeys deep into a create season. I’m always more creative at the 5+ mark. Toes crossed that they’ll go with the fixed thumb stick as an option at least. Wondering if that dildo looking motion controller is an option.....although I would feel really uncomfortable using it.

Comment

Jerry! Good to see you buddy! Yeah, I feel you on the motion stuff. But, be patient and start in simple steps and it quickly gets way easier.

Comment

So......LBN is now offline? Sorry, Ive been away for a while.

Comment

This is basically LBN with a new coat of paint. I think. I've been gone ages too...

Comment

Hi The-Hog-Flu you're here too, your name rings a bell with me, LBP levels, LBPC, LBN maybe?

As for movement it really annoys me, I can't tell if I'm placing something close to the floor or a block, in mid-air off to the left or right without zooming in and out resizing things by accident. That's only me in the tutorials.
                  Last edited by LittleBigDes; 28th April 2019, 11:57 PM.
                  https://twitter.com/LittleBigDes | #lbpcommunitymashup | twitch.tv/littlebigdes |

Comment

Originally posted by LittleBigDes View Post
                    Hi The-Hog-Flu you're here too, your name rings a bell with me, LBP levels, LBPC, LBN maybe?

As for movement it really annoys me, I can't tell if I'm placing something close to the floor or a block, in mid-air off to the left or right without zooming in and out resizing things by accident. That's only me in the tutorials.
                    Yep, I was pretty involved in LBN.

In the last day I found that the grid snap helps a lot with the movement
                    Last edited by LittleBigDes; 28th April 2019, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Grid snap, L1 (Up and down movement) and R1(zoom in) will become your best friends in 3d space

Comment

only 2 days in and barely through the tutorials. Lbp was like checkers vs chess compared to this shit.

Comment

welcome to the Dramverse Hog!!!!
                          glad to see you around again!
                          yeah in the beta i couldn't stand the controls, the imp drift was ridiculous, i haven't loaded up the game yet to see if that was at least fixed. but yeah there is definitely a learning curve.
                          hope all ids well with you and your kin.
                          LBN just went dark one day, rknRolla stopped talking to us and didn't pay i guess. we lost everything :(
                          but thankfully this site was started a few weeks before that happened so a lot of people already started to migrate to here

good to see you around!

on twitter @b_coli_ LBP related, or @TheMindOfColi everything else!

Comment

Futz around with the character creator part (puppets). I wanna see you make a 3-d rendered Hillbilly as only you can.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiju_kid View Post
                              Futz around with the character creator part (puppets). I wanna see you make a 3-d rendered Hillbilly as only you can.
                              Damn straight brother! That’s on my ideas list but I wanna wait till I get good at this new stuff. I’m fixing to make a fps hillbilly level. Idk if you’re old enough to remember the classic P.C. game “redneck rampage”?

Comment

Working...
                              X