• Show
Clear All

• Trick or Treat Street 2: TP Spree

Click image for larger version

Name:	3DEBB48E-F34D-4194-AC3A-38E284B8029C.jpeg
Views:	56
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	11628
    Welcome back to “Trick or Treat Street” creative collaboration - this is number 2, the TP Spree! Pretty much the same as last time, but in the showcase players will be able to TP your house.
    Basically, you just decorate your front yard for players to enjoy and (optionally) give something away as a prize. All your houses will go into our neighborhood, which will be couch co-op compatible. Because the final creation will allow multiplayer, were using fixed cameras so you only have to consider how your house looks from the front.

We’ve provided a choice of 3 house facade templates for you to use, or you can build your own house with our Empty Lot template. All templates are within the Template Set, which is a remixable Scene so you can see how your creation will look in the finished showcase and test play with the puppets included. Scope In to the template you want to use and make sure all your changes are within that Group. When you’re done editing the template, Scope Out, select that object, and chose Save As New Creation. Save as a remixable Element and then send it to me. If you don’t want to make your creation remixable for everyone, save it online as Private and add me as a collaborator.
    Everything needed is in the TOTS2 Create Kit: https://indreams.me/collection/cJLAmcrTumr

Please have your creations submitted no later than October 17th, by posting the inDreams.me link in this thread. Everyone who participates will be entered in a small prize drawing as well!

Please observe the following creation guidelines:
    • You are encouraged to include an original, Remixable prize - however this is not required.
    • If you want, add your name somewhere in your creation so people know it’s yours.
    • The Template Set starts at 10% Gameplay/Graphics thermo. If using one of the pre made Houses, you may go up to 25% on both thermos. For the Empty Lot you can go up to 29%
    • After saving your House as New Creation, go check it in create mode to made sure your new creation is no more than 20% on all thermometers.
    • Maximum 4 Spotlight Gadgets - No Limit in Glowing Sculpts
    • All added lighting should be kept within your own yard
    • Objects should not extend into your neighbors’ yards, it’s fine to have things sticking down through the floor or out the back.
    • If you have a puppet or object that follows the player, please contain it to your own yard.
    • Cameras are included and will be used. You may edit or add to these but they cannot be deleted.
    • Music and SFX May be added, but must be triggered by the Full Area Zone Output included with each template.
    • Please do not alter the Fog gadget in the back yard.
    • Please don’t edit the Fence along the sides of your yard. You may add decorations onto the fence if you like.
    • You may remove the fence separating the front from back yard, so long as you prevent the player from going into the Fog area
    • You may decorate or swap the pieces of sidewalk in front of your house, so long as the entire stretch remains intact.
    • Text Displayers must be set to “In Scene”
    • Please do not include anything that affects the whole scene like Checkpoints, Doorways, Score or Variable gadgets. Tag names should include your psn to ensure they are unique.
    • The scene includes a Head/Camera Tracker with a tag labeled TOTS2 Cam if you need to point anything at the player’s view.
    • Creations must be Released as Elements - I encourage your to make these Public, but if you really want to, you may save online as Private and and add me (psn Pookachoo) as a collaborator.
    • I may make minor changes to your creation if needed to fit into the showcase, for example if your creation is over the Graphics limit I’ll reduce Sculpture Detail if possible.
    • Creations must comply with Dreams official moderation terms: https://docs.indreams.me/en-US/help/...ion/guidelines
    • No political messages (I know you were going to, but just saying)
    • Your submitted creation and prize giveaway must be your own, original work. You may use Mm or coMmunity Assets and are encouraged to do so in a collage style - it’s fine if you don’t make anything from scratch, just don’t copy and paste someone else’s entire creation.

Finally, have fun! Please feel free to post any questions or comments ​​
    Attached Files

A few quick create tips:
    • These templates are darkly lit, you may want to enable Studio Lighting in the Guides menu while getting started.
    • When placing Elements from the coMmunity you may want to enable X-Ray in the Show/Hide menu in order to see any hidden Spotlights or other gadgets.
    • If you’re getting close to the limit for Graphics Thermo, try using the Sculpture Detail Tool. If a Sculpt has its Looseness tweaked, you can often set that to 0% and then reduce Sculpture Detail instead for the same affect.
    • To make a “light” without using 1 of your allotted 4 Spotlight Gadgets, use and invisible, low detail Sculpture. Tweak it’s Glow slider and set it to “Emit Light From Glow: Always”

Comment

I have a question...

Do we have to scope in and save as a new creation? Or can we just delete everything else in the scene that isn't part of our house? Just wondering because I did try doing that save as new element thing, but then Dreams wouldn't let me delete the original scene I didn't need without deleting the house I put together so I ended up deleting just house, but keeping the whole scene with the other lots (for now).

Edit: I forgot to mention that none of this is saved online and is just on my console so I was able to delete the solo house element
      Last edited by Raku; 6 October 2021, 03:39 AM.
      I also go by MySummerJob and I Stream.

Comment

Originally posted by Raku View Post
        I have a question...

Do we have to scope in and save as a new creation? Or can we just delete everything else in the scene that isn't part of our house? Just wondering because I did try doing that save as new element thing, but then Dreams wouldn't let me delete the original scene I didn't need without deleting the house I put together so I ended up deleting just house, but keeping the whole scene with the other lots (for now).

Edit: I forgot to mention that none of this is saved online and is just on my console so I was able to delete the solo house element
        Good question - I’ve just been updating the Kit instructions to make this more clear. It is very important that you do save as NEW creation in order to make the most of your thermo allowance. Besides what you see in the template, there’s a bunch of hidden stuff that only exists for functionality of the whole scene, and if you just save a Remix you’ll be wasting a chunk of thermo on all that. You can Unhide and Unfreeze everything, turn off Preview Invisibility and delete all that hidden stuff, but honestly it’s much easier and more reality Save As New Creation.
        Then save your creation online, and you can safely delete both your House and the Template remix.

I realize this isn’t quite the usual way of doing a create jam, but last year some people had issues due to not being able to test play their individual work in the context of the showcase scene. So hopefully this way everyone will have a better idea of how their house will look in the neighborhood.

Edit: bottom line, if you’re not short on thermo space it doesn’t matter how you save the creation. If you want a few extra percent thermo, then it makes a difference
        Last edited by Pookachoo; 6 October 2021, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Here's my house.
          I hope you guys have a terrifyingly good time with it. >

https://indreams.me/element/oMgtwMFPCMR

Comment

Originally posted by TheOnlyRobie View Post
            Here's my house.
            I hope you guys have a terrifyingly good time with it. >

https://indreams.me/element/oMgtwMFPCMR
            Looks good!
            You are within the thermo limit, but you if you’re wanting a little more space you can optimize a bit by selecting just the object that is your house as saving that as a New Creation.
            There’s a bunch of hidden stuff in the template that you don’t need to include

Comment

Hello! I’m new to this, I saw TOTS2 on the Dreams banner and played through the first one. Love it! Hope I can contribute something to TOTS2.

Here’s a link to an element I made. There are some triggers in there that I hope transferred correctly. Would it be possible to test out the house once it’s placed in the neighborhood?

https://indreams.me/element/oxaseniRTXG

Thanks!

Comment

Okay, I got a new link, i hope you guys enjoy.

https://indreams.me/element/odhuGChGfru

Comment

Hi Pookachoo,

my contribution for the TOTS2 is finished, here is the link!

https://indreams.me/element/oChyeYFNbVu

(this is the new link after saving and publishing the property as a new creation!)
                  Thank you so much for organizing such a funny event and I'm looking forward to get some goose pimples!
                  Last edited by CuriousSack; 12 October 2021, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by easlern View Post
                    Hello! I’m new to this, I saw TOTS2 on the Dreams banner and played through the first one. Love it! Hope I can contribute something to TOTS2.

Here’s a link to an element I made. There are some triggers in there that I hope transferred correctly. Would it be possible to test out the house once it’s placed in the neighborhood?

https://indreams.me/element/oxaseniRTXG

Thanks!
                    Thanks for taking part!
                    Everything appears to be in order - I will be play testing everything before the showcase is published, the only difference from the template will be the addition of the player being able to TP your house.

Comment

Hiya everyone! Had to participate this year, looked like a lot of fun!

Here is my house, https://indreams.me/element/ornrKWvbJcn - if there’s anything wrong, just say and I’ll fix it!

-Let’s dream together-

Comment

Originally posted by fireblitz95 View Post
                        Hiya everyone! Had to participate this year, looked like a lot of fun!

Here is my house, https://indreams.me/element/ornrKWvbJcn - if there’s anything wrong, just say and I’ll fix it!
                        Looks good!
                        My only suggestion is that the players won’t be able to see inside the garage very well, you could add a camera to show that off more if you want

Comment

Originally posted by Pookachoo View Post

Looks good!
                          My only suggestion is that the players won’t be able to see inside the garage very well, you could add a camera to show that off more if you want
                          Awesome, and great idea! I just released a version with the garage camera.

-Let’s dream together-

Comment

There are still a few remixes of the template listed as Private - please make sure your creations are either Public/Remixable, or add me as a collaborator.
                            If anyone has released a creation and not gotten either a thumb up or comment from me, please drop me a message right away!

Comment

Here's mine

Comment

Working...
                              X