Trick or Treat Street - CoMmunity Create Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trick or Treat Street - CoMmunity Create Event

Click image for larger version  Name:	32A2E16B-6F5F-4DF9-A4BC-5E6AB9ED0319.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	186.7 KB ID:	11257

Welcome to the “Trick or Treat Street” creative collaboration!
    Basically, you just decorate your front yard for players to enjoy and (optionally) give something away as a prize. All your houses will go into our neighborhood, which will be couch co-op compatible. Because the final creation will allow multiplayer, were using fixed cameras so you only have to consider how your house looks from the front.
    Play the demo neighborhood here: http://indreams.me/dream/mvZfZVoVgDJ

We’ve provided a choice of 3 house facade templates for you to use, or you can build your own house with our Empty Lot template. All templates include the Halloween Ambiance chip - this will be used in the final creation and is included for your reference, you may turn it off while creating.
    Everything needed is in this collection: https://indreams.me/collection/cqMPivYyBxt

Please have your creations submitted no later than October 20th, by posting the inDreams.me link in this thread. Everyone who participates will be entered in a small prize drawing as well!

Please observe the following creation guidelines:
    • You are encouraged to include an original, Remixable prize - however this is not required.
    • Please add your psn to your creation (each house template includes a name plate) to ensure you’re properly credited
    • Maximum 20% on all Thermometers (House templates are 5%)
    • Maximum 4 Spotlight Gadgets - No Limit in Glowing Sculpts
    • All added lighting should be kept within your own yard
    • Objects should not extend into your neighbors’ yards, it’s fine to have things sticking down through the floor.
    • Cameras are included and will be used. You may edit or add to these but they cannot be deleted.
    • Music May be added, but must be triggered by the Music Zone included with each template
    • Please do not alter the Fog gadget in the back yard.
    • Please don’t edit the Fence along the sides of your yard. You may add decorations onto the fence if you like.
    • You may remove the fence separating the front from back yard, so long as you prevent the player from going into the Fog area
    • You may decorate or swap the pieces of sidewalk in front of your house, so long as the entire stretch remains intact.
    • Text Displayers must be set to “In Scene”
    • Please do not include Checkpoints, Doorways, Score or Variable gadgets. Tag names should include your psn to ensure they are unique.
    • Creations must be Released as Elements - I encourage your to make these Public, but if you really want to, you may save online as Private and and add me (psn Pookachoo) as a collaborator. If you wish to do this you must post here or message me!
    • Creations must comply with Dreams official moderation terms: https://docs.indreams.me/en-US/help/moderation/guidelines
    • No political messages (I know you were going to, but just saying)
    • Your submitted creation and prize giveaway must be your own, original work. You may use Mm or coMmunity Assets and are encouraged to do so in a collage style - it’s fine if you don’t make anything from scratch, just don’t copy and paste someone else’s entire creation.

Finally, have fun! Please feel free to post any questions or comments
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pookachoo; 6 October 2020, 11:41 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

A few quick create tips:
    • These templates include a rather dark Sun/Sky gadget, you may want to turn that off or enable Studio Lighting in the Guides menu while getting started.
    • When placing Elements from the coMmunity you may want to enable X-Ray in the Show/Hide menu in order to see any hidden Spotlights or other gadgets.
    • If you’re getting close to the 20% limit for Graphics Thermo, try using the Sculpture Detail Tool. If a Sculpt has its Looseness tweaked, you can often set that to 0% and then reduce Sculpture Detail instead for the same affect.
    • To make a “light” without using 1 of your allotted 4 Spotlight Gadgets, use and invisible, low detail Sculpture. Tweak it’s Glow slider and set it to “Emit Light From Glow: Always”

Comment

Hi Pookachoo.

I am submitting an entry into the ToTS Community Create event. I add you as a collaborator and have posted a message here.
      Unless I am actually supposed to “massage” you...

The link is: https://indreams.me/element/oSCKLwpJtqh

I’ve labelled my entry ToTS - Strongblade, if it helps you out any.
      Last edited by Strongblade; 6 October 2020, 09:53 PM. Reason: Finally figured out the indreams.me link stuff... I think...

Comment

Lol! Gotta love that auto fill :p

As a quick note, everyone is free to update your creations as you like up until the deadline and I’ll be sure the latest versions are being used.

Comment

will try and create something today....Dreams Trick or treating looks like the safe and sensible option this year

Comment

One week to go!
            So far 5 creations have been made, although only 1 has posted here for the prize drawing

Comment

I decided to participate aswell! i added you as a collaberator!

(its basicly done i still gotta come up with a gift but i will do that tonight, figured id go ahead and add you as a collaberator now before i forget lol)

Comment

Published our house as public, here is the link:

​​​​​​https://indreams.me/element/oEUZFxskxYF

Looking forward to playing through these ☺️
                Our entry into the trick or treat street community event.

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneAlphaBeta View Post
                  I decided to participate aswell! i added you as a collaberator!

(its basicly done i still gotta come up with a gift but i will do that tonight, figured id go ahead and add you as a collaberator now before i forget lol)
                  Great! The creation you give as a prize will need to be made Public (unlisted is fine) - you’re free to update as much as you like until the deadline

Comment

Hi, here's my house. Theres a bunch of prizes to collect and things interact with or climb on.

https://indreams.me/element/oMEGECCCXMC
                    Looking forward to seeing everyones creations!

Comment

I uhhh, just got started on mine... Is there a time that the house is due on the 20, or is it just by that day?

Will try to hammer something out, just got some sort of bare-bones done (based on one of the three houses) so far.
                      I also go by MySummerJob and I Stream.

Comment

Here's my submission!

https://indreams.me/element/oDytspCsiAA

Comment

Originally posted by Raku View Post
                          I uhhh, just got started on mine... Is there a time that the house is due on the 20, or is it just by that day?

Will try to hammer something out, just got some sort of bare-bones done (based on one of the three houses) so far.
                          I won’t be too strict about the deadline, try get it done by end of day on the 20th but if it’s a couple hours past midnight that’s okay too - my plan was to start assembling the project on the following day.

I’m going out for today but I’ll check out the new houses this evening!

Comment

I might go back and edit what I made...

However, I'm currently happy with what I put together:

https://indreams.me/element/omAZpnVdNYH
                            Last edited by Raku; 19 October 2020, 12:13 PM.
                            I also go by MySummerJob and I Stream.

Comment

Originally posted by Raku View Post
                              I might go back and edit what I made...

However, I'm currently happy with what I put together:

https://indreams.me/element/omAZpnVdNYH
                              Couple small issues, I should be able to fix these but you’ll have more control if you’d like to update yourself:
                              The player can’t see what’s happening in the garage, so I suggest editing the cameras or adding one for that area.
                              Button prompts are not easily visible, I suggest making these larger or changing camera angle to make them more visible, or simply have your timelines start on their own when then Trigger Zone is activated by the player.

Comment

Working...
                              X