Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R15F/LBsP Super Omnibus Thread (of love)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ossu, Tuesday Takeaway time, whee!

Snow Dream - papabobo777
    This one stayed basically what it was, a straightforward, competently put-together Oddsock platformer. i realize that sounds like a backhanded complement but, i don't really have a large sample size to work from. Also, sometimes that's all you really need. Do wish the updraft in that moving platform area was a bit more obvious, not knowing it's there makes that bit really awkward.

Sweet Winter Dream - Iced_Chai2010
    i think this may be one of the few times a creator has taken some of my advice and made changes in their level, which felt nice. Things were a little more clearly presented, and they took out the sharks in that one bit which was probably for the best, those hit boxes were really weird. One thing i noticed, but forgot to mention in the video was, for all their shout-outs to LBP 1 and 2, there isn't anything for LBP3, which i found amusing and fitting. As much as i love LBP3 as a creation tool, and for the community levels it's brought us, it's frankly almost soulless in its lack of character.

The Tower of Silence - alexsiro
    i don't think i could gush much more about this one than i did in the episode. It just hits so many of my good buttons. i am actually pleased it got the LotD (It's one of the few crossover picks that i actually agree with, not to put on airs).

Electro Shock - kissmyself
    You've got to have a fair level of stones to pick a screen name like that and rock it like, whatevs. Good on you kissmyself. This is another one that hits a lot of my "play me" buttons. Nice and clear what you're supposed to do, so all the challenge is in the "can you do it?" i...was not able to do it this morning. The brain was not communicating with the fingers very well.

colo colo ball - Lorococo
    i'm glad i played this one, but at the same time, i can'T really say it's in my wheelhouse. Probably would have been better to have on LBsP, but the mini-game aspect didn't click until i was actually set to record, and by then i was committed to the set list. Still wonder how this one works with more than one player. i can imagine each player getting control of one platform, but that still leaves an odd player out if you've got a part of four.

So, that's the that. All in all not a bad set. Even the "worst" of the lot had a lot of charm, and is worth a good look at. Hopefully something here stood out for you and gave you a good time. Thanks as always for the support, and have a great day!

Behind the Curtains Stuffs
    Harumph...ok, so...episode 012 is wrapped but for the PiPs, so we're good there. Got the hub half set-up for episode 013, and half-built for episode 014 (doing another little field trip, so i figured i'd do some of the set-up early). So all that's mostly good. The levels for 013 are recorded, but...there was a lot of lag/load during, and that leaves me with a little bit of a quandry. On the one hand, is it fair to keep them? All the loading doesn't really show them at their best. On the other it may not be the fault of the levels, so it's not exactly fair to cut them either.
    Speaking of system issues. My profile's corrupted about 6or 7 times since Friday. This after not having it come up but maybe once or twice in the year prior. i'm not sure what to make of that, except to be nervous. i've got the profile backed up, but...if there's something already wrong with the profile...well... Ooh...i know maybe i can delete my profile and try again. Sorry...that advice always rubs me kind of wrong.
    Dreams community creations look-ats at FeverdreamS
    LBP community creations look-ats at LittleBite-sizedPlanet
    Come join us for streams on Twitch too!

Comment

Ossu! Coming back around again!

This week we're having a look at:

Tower of Ice - SKUBSTER23
      Shock Therapy - rainbowhillbilly
      2018 Platform - Miwa0612
      Super cardboard adventures - selivura
      Future City speedrun - badpigie

A pretty solid set of levels this go about. Future City speedrun got picked up for LotD, because of course it did. But still, there's a fair amount of fun here; hopefully there's a couple you'll want to give a go at. As always, thanks for all the support, and have a great day!

i fell asleep yesterday at 4in the afternoon. It was just like, my brain was, "ok, we're going to sleep now," and my body said "ok, sure." Neither of them asked me about it. Really, i find that personally loathsome. And, of course, it meant i woke up at 2.30am. i did get episode 013 wrapped (but for the PiPs). Should put a few more hours into the 014 hub, since that needs to get done this week. Oh! There's a mistake in the title card for today's episode, but i won't tell you what it is.
      Also, just noticed this when messaging the creators about the episode, apparently Tower of Ice is no longer up. Weird...

Comment

I enjoyed the episode!
        Great set of levels this time.

Comment

Originally posted by mdkd99 View Post
          I enjoyed the episode!
          Great set of levels this time.
          Danke, mdkd! Sorry i've been quiet as of late, my borked sleep schedule has also borked my production schedule; so i've been kind of in headless chicken mode. On the bright side, i think i've got the hub for episode 014 mostly done, and we wrapped the level recordings and got them edited together yesterday morning (and a much smoother process that was compared to 013).

Comment

Ossu! Tuesday Takeaway Time!

Tower of Ice - SKUBSTER23
            Still not up, and looking pretty shady. At least they've not changed their profile/planet like 6times since i played it, like that last guy did.

Shock Therapy - rainbowhillbilly
            Had a fair amount of fun this time around, though some of that was knowing where some of the break points are. i didn't got through the follow-up level this go, not enough time for it really, though i do remember that one being more involved and a little more fun than part one. One little bit of oddity here, the actual title has "~"s and upside-down question marks in it. i don't know how to input those in-game.

2018 Platform - Miwa0612
            This one didn't change too much for me this time, which is fine, because it means i still quite like it. i think i downplayed the gameplay a bit in the video, but really that's an issue of comparison. What's on display is certainly solid enough, none of it is particularly broken or annoying, and it keeps you moving quick enough things don't get boring, but slow enough that you can notice how nice things look.

Super cardboard adventures - selivura
            This one...it's not bad, really, but it suffers for being in this particular set-list. Which i realize is a bit unfair, but i am only human. It's solid for what it is, and focusing purely on the gameplay, it keeps you moving along decently enough. Like i mentioned in the video, the music choices are a little bit wonky, especially the first one (why? why these 50's songs?). Also, why Oddsock?

Future City speedrun - badpigie
            This is another one that didn't shift all that much. The bits i loved in the video i still loved, the annoying bits were still annoying (i do think just changing the Bendy Rail material to something that gives off light would do wonders). Taking a look at those Cherry trees and...i've seen them before in other community levels, but i can't remember where they come from. They look like they should be from the move pack, they match the natural aesthetic of the other decorations, but i don't seem to have them in my poppit. Unless they're shrunk-down and slapped-together cherry blossom twigs from The Islands?

Anyhow, that's the that. It was a fairly solid on set of levels this go about, even the just alright levels ended up being pretty fun. Hope you give them a play and find something that clicks for you. Have a great day and thanks for all the support!

Behind the Scenes Stuffs
            Like i mentioned before, i've been trying to make up for really weird sleeping hours recently, which means i've been focused on building up the Isaac backlog (i like to be about 4episodes ahead with a week's worth being best if possible). i have been putting some time into the Hub for next week, which is going in fits and starts. The character-side of things is pretty well sewn up, the actual hub itself...there were probably a dozen ways i could have gotten the effect i was going for, one of which i've actually used in a past episode to pretty solid effect...so why i decided this particular way this time, i have no idea. Now i'm invested, though...so let's slam our head against this wall.

Comment

My sleeping rhythm is bad. Sometimes I wake up in the morning, sometimes I wake up in the evening. It's a mess.

I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Comment

Guten Morgen! The time comes around again!

Construction at Needlepoint - bcandfina
                Frantic Fire Station - Crystal_Craft_HD
                The Gardens - kenbran
                Cardboard World - Erick-The-Human
                Bob's Anti-Gravity Castle 6 - the_pavs

This was a really frustrating set to record, actually. The levels themselves were pretty decent, but i ran into so much lag/load it wasn't even funny. It was a bit more forgiving the second/third times around, so that may have been on my end; except for one level that has its own particular issue. Anyhow, i hope there's something here that catches your eye, and you have fun playing. Thanks as always for all the feedback and support, and i hope y'all have a fine day!

Someone on YouTube had asked me to mute the sound in the PiPs because having two layered music tracks was particularly aggravating. My own hearing has never been all that great, so i hadn't noticed; but it seemed a fair enough request, and i said, "sure, no biggie." Aaannnd...completely forgot about doing so until waking up this morning (this, of course, after getting everything all uploaded and scheduled and whatwhat). This is why i get up around 5a every morning.
                Blitzed on production yesterday, got myself set as fair as Isaac, and finished the set-up for the hub for the outro of Ep. 014; have most of the day to myself today, so getting the whole of it wrapped is do-able. i'd like to get an episode of LBsP in as well, but i'm not making any promises.

Comment

Ossu! Tuesday Takeaway time!

Construction at Needlepoint - bcandfina
                  To be honest, i didn't go through this level this morning. Not risking a game crash (and the attendant possibility of profile corruption). This is a bit of a shame, because i really liked what i saw of the level. It's got a nice enough aesthetic, even though i wasn't thrilled with the teleportation aspect of it.

Frantic Fire Station! - Crystal_Craft_HD
                  Meh...this one was basically meh. It's not bad, exactly, but it doesn't really do all that much, either. Figured out (accidentally) that you can get yourself killed with the Power-up, if you're standing too close to whatever you're shooting at. i completely forgot the camera shake halfway through the level when i did the outro, even though i called it out during the level recording itself.

The Gardens - kenbran
                  i liked the visual presentation of this one, but it's pretty clear at this point that i'm a sucker for things that look like they're cobbled together and set in the real world, like a kid's play-set. Falls apart when you get to the gameplay, though. The elastic bridge bits were pretty wonky, particularly the one directly following the red slide. Don't know what was up with the race gate, but we've seen that one before (amusingly in Shake, Shake, Shake, which got picked up as a LotD recently). It's that angled bounce pad bit that really grinds the level to a halt. Maybe it's just me, but i could not get the right angle just to get past that without 15 or 16 deaths.

Cardboard World - Erick_The_Human
                  Yeeeeaaah....this was, eh...what do you say about it? It's a level, maybe an early level. Certainly has a lot of those hallmarks. Big, floating platforms. Unconnected play elements. Play elements that are under-utilized, or unnecessary.

Bob's Anti-Gravity Castle 6 - the_pavs
                  the_pavs actually got inn touch with me about this one, apparently there's a trick where you pull in the line as soon as you grapple something to get more momentum. This was apparently well-known at some point (and to be honest may well still be). i had no idea, and even after getting the head's up, wasn't really able to consistently pull it off, but at least the level feels well more fair this go about. They did put in an extra grappling hook, though i'm not sure why they put it up near the switch, as opposed to in front of the Checkpoint. They also put a hint up at the beginning of the level, which was a nice touch. i look forward to seeing what the_pavs comes out with next.

So, that's the that. Some good, some meh, and one weird question-mark disappointment. Hopefully there's something that caught your eye, and that you found fun. Thanks as always for all the support and feedback, and i hope you have a great day!

Ahh...i don't even know where to start.
                  i spent all Friday trying to record an outro to episode 014 that i actually liked. This should have been a sign that i really needed to be doing about anything else with my time at that moment. i finally got something that, if push comes to shove, i can use; but it feels more like the least bad, rather that best of the lot. On the positive side, the hub/intro for 015 is mostly done. We're half-way through the dialogue, at least. i did notice that sackbot movement has been way easier for me lately.
                  It's normal, i know, for motivation to wax and wane. That being said, i've been feeling increasingly burnt-out and flaky recently. Not really about the series(es), this is more outside stuff bleeding in. Maybe my mind is grinding out the last of the Winter-hibernation feeling, since Spring is pretty clearly on the way here. Not that we ever really got a Winter, mind you. Maybe that's it, the constant feeling that things are almost-changing, but they never really do; so i fall into this increasingly stressful holding pattern. i don't know. Something, something, whatever.
                  People we're chattering about Annihilation over on RPG.net, so i picked up The Southern Reach trilogy for my Kindle. i think it's the first completely new thing i've read in a long time (as opposed to new things from authors i already follow). Just finished reading it last night, and it was really good. House of Leaves meets The Colour Out of Space? The King in Yellow via True Detective? Backwoods Majestic-12? Something like that. i quite liked it, at least. It's weird and...intimate. Worth a look, yeah.

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Thank you, as well, mdkd! i always appreciate your support.

Ossu! It's Friday (already?!) so that means we're back again!

Hookshot Towers - RabidJellyfish
                      ~Nature~ - dodaddo304
                      Unnamed Level - ikamo79
                      Sweet Skills - CH7MY
                      The Lost Ruins - MrSackboy32

It's an...interesting mix of levels this time. There was only one i couldn't really get behind, which was what was giving me the stress when i was putting the outro together (there's also one where i completely screw up during the recording, but that one's all on me). Still i had a good time with them, and i hope you give them a try and have a good time with them as well. Thanks as always for all the support and feedback, and have a great day!

The hub for this week's level was such a pain in the rump. It is actually moving in the Intro section, and setting that up so that the characters and elements were moving with it was interesting to pull off (of course, i could have used any number of other, easier, methods to get the same effect, but lets not talk about that, yes?).
                      Stayed up maybe later than i ought to have last night, but i got episode 015 wrapped and completely in the bag (PiPs and all), so my slate is completely clear. It did mean, also, that i didn't get a LBsP out, but hopefully not having PiPs and the like hanging over my head on a Thursday, will make that a bit easier in the future. Also, i'll have the apartment to myself this evening, so i may be able to get one out tonight.
                      It's weird to read (or see, or play) something that has some element that you've come up with yourself. Parallel evolution at work, i suppose, but it's a bit disconcerting.
                      i'm kind of, slowly, getting out of last week's funk, which is really nice. i think the cherry blossoms will be blooming the end of next week or so...which coincides nicely with payday, so that's cool.
                      Last edited by risu5_waffles; 8th March 2018, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Nice! I'll queue 'em up and catch that vid later. I haven't been on LBP in a few weeks. Been playing Deus Ex, Knack and Sims 4. Hope to jump on it this weekend and clear out some of my queue.

Comment

Originally posted by Xerorogue View Post
                          Nice! I'll queue 'em up and catch that vid later. I haven't been on LBP in a few weeks. Been playing Deus Ex, Knack and Sims 4. Hope to jump on it this weekend and clear out some of my queue.
                          Thanks! Hope something strikes your fancy in the lot, yeah. Sounds like you've got a pretty heavy slate of gaming going on yourself.

We had a bit of extra time this afternoon, so we're coming back at you with another quick bite!

This go about we're having a look at In My Dream's by rud-54. Despite the inappropriate apostrophe in the title it's a great little platformer with a charming style, and relaxing pace. Give it a play, 'cause it's a lot of fun. Thanks as always, y'all! Hope you're having a great day!

Comment

There are already 3 videos I missed from you. Time to watch 'em. Thanks again for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by mdkd99 View Post
                              There are already 3 videos I missed from you. Time to watch 'em. Thanks again for sharing!
                              Thank you, mdkd...and let me proceed to make matters worse.

Ossu! We've got a bit of an odd one this go about. These were levels that were slated to be in episode 016 of R15F-S2, but ended up being cut from the show for reasons. Since i'd already recorded the level footage, i didn't really want to scrap it. So...here it is, make of it what you will.

The levels we kind of look at are:

Sneaky ninja - rafkot [no longer up for play]
                              _Coded - echelon_12256

Hope you have fun with it. Thanks as always for all the support and feedback, and have a great day!

Comment

So...is it Tuesday Takeaway time? i think it may be.

Hookshot Towers - RabidJellyfish
                                i got fairly solid with the movement in this level this go around. Still not good enough to top the scoreboard, but i did end up getting a touch over 8,000pts with just one death. It can be fairly tricky to figure how far the hookshot will fire, so that's an issue; but that's something you can spend a bit of time before the race to figure out. Actually that's a nice point i'd like to point out. Not dumping the player directly in the race, but giving them a bit of space before-hand to work out the mechanics of the level. That was nice.

~Nature~ - dodaddo304
                                There's not really much to say about this one. To be honest, you could probably play the level front-to-back before i could finish writing out the review for it. It's cute, has a nice enough look, and there's just a soupcon of gameplay in there to keep it from being a gallery level. It's not not worth a play, and i think if you're feeling wound up by some real frustrating levels it might be a nice antidote.

Unnamed Level - ikamo79
                                My hand still hurts, and makes typing a little rough. Really, semi-auto fire would have been so appreciated, either that or making the enemies slightly less beefy.

Sweet Skills - CH7MY
                                Yeaaah...this was the one that was making my outro so difficult to record. To be honest i was pretty salty with this level, and it was hard to tell how much of that was bleeding into my take on the level. i think it's the loss of progress that really ramps up the frustration in this one. Having a fairly long segment, with multiple points of failure in it...i don't know, it is marketed as HARD, CH7MY's up-front about that; but i think even really solid platform players are going to find the juice not worth the squeeze. None of this is helped by the fact that the level is just kind of ugly in presentation. The music was good, at least.

The Lost Ruins - MrSackbow32
                                We've done a fair number of ruins/temples levels over the course of the series; like the cardboard ones, they seem to come and go in waves. This is one of the nicer ones i've gone through, i think. The presentation is solid on, it's just long enough to feel weighty, without wearing out its welcome, and just difficult enough to be a challenge if you're not paying attention. i can see the pace being a little slow for folks, seeing as how the obstacles are very deliberately timed; but aside from that, and the rather uninspired musical choice. there's really not much to complain about with this one.

So...yeah, not a bad set of levels this go about. Hopefully there was something in there that clicked with you. Thanks, as always, for the support, and i hope you have a great day!

In My Dream's got picked up for LotD today, and that was nice (especially since, for once, it was after i had a feature on it). It really is a fun little level, and i hope rud-54 keeps creating, and gets the love they deserve. Oddly, there was another Dream-esque level that got picked yesterday...Dreamscape, or something like that. We looked at it way back in...hold on, i've got my notes right here. Here it is, Dreamscape by Madstones97. We looked at it back in Season One Episode 008. Geeze, that's well in the back and back, isn't it? Anyway, i was a little "huh?" about that one. i don't remember it being particularly stand out in any way. It was just one of those levels that was kind of there. In fact, the only thing i remember strongly about it was that the environment was pretty blah. i wonder why it got the nod (and why now, since it was published two years ago). Maybe StevenI mis-clicked?
                                Level recordings and most of the hub set-up for episode 016 are done, which is always nice. We saw a bit of the cutting room floor in the last LBsP. i generally avoid doing that; i figure, if i've picked a couple of not great levels for the set-list, then i'm just stuck with them. i never really wanted to make a "curated" show, because, well, if you're doing that, why not just cut the "first impressions" aspect of it and make a "best of the week" -type show. That being said, i figured folks might not want another "watch waffleking23 die a million times and make no progress" level so soon after Sweet Skills.
                                i've been spending my "saved" production time on Tearaway and Splatoon2 recently. Well, i'll play Splatoon2 just about any time i've got a decent wi-fi connection (and even when not, as i'm wrapping up the hero-level weapon unlocks at the moment). They've got some DLC coming up this summer that looks nice.
                                Tearaway, though...it'd been languishing half-finished on my shelf for...for a long time now really. So, something pushed me to wrap it up finally. i suppose it's not saying much to say it's a great game. MM nailed the visual presentation and charm, and i really enjoyed interacting with the character, my environment, and i guess myself. That being said, i think story-wise, they went to the "oh, here's the ending, no, wait, there's still more story to tell"-well a few times too often. If you're going to build to a climax, commit to it, because otherwise, i just feel a little drained by the actual end. Though maybe that's just me.

Comment

Working...
                                X