Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R15F/LBsP Super Omnibus Thread (of love)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ossu! Got a (little late) late-night bite coming up for y'all!

This go about we're having a look at Blast Off by Layton9677. This one is, superficially, a relatively straight-forward platformer; but it really sings in the presentation. There's some very solid camera work and lighting, and the environment really has its own feel to it. There's also a really neat power-up that i really wish had gotten a bit more play. Still, this is quite a good one, and it deserves a little more attention and love; it's only got, like, sixty-something plays so far? Give it a couple of shots, and see what you think!

Thanks, as always, for all the support and feedback, and have a great day!

Behind the Curtains Stuffs
    A couple of days back i really slammed my finger with a hammer. That was...well...it was a novel level of pain, that's for sure. Today is the first day i can type without pain, so that's nice.
    Dreams community creations look-ats at FeverdreamS
    LBP community creations look-ats at LittleBite-sizedPlanet
    Come join us for streams on Twitch too!

Comment

• Man, can't tell you how many times I have hit my finger(s) with a dang hammer!

Comment

• Originally posted by Xerorogue View Post
        Man, can't tell you how many times I have hit my finger(s) with a dang hammer!
        i've hit my hand a fair number of times when using the S-bar, but this was the first time really wailing a fingertip. Whoo-doggie.

Ossu! Got another sweet dream coming up for y'all!

This go about we're having a look at Blade Gunner by Jimmyjules153, RigorousMortuus, and The_Tenia. You may have given this one a go already, it's been riding the front page on Dream Surfing for a bit. If you haven't, give it a couple of goes. It's a neat little sidescroller-in-a-bottle level, with some pretty fabulous visual presentation. Gameplay isn't particularly expansive, but it's fun enough to keep things moving, and it made me want to jump right back in when i died.

So...my body keeps waking up whenever it feels like, so that's a thing. i guess it's better early, than late, since i can get a few things done before work. Even still, 2.30a is kinda pushing things, i'd say.

Talked with mum and da on Sunday about the trip up to Tokyo, and they were really supportive. Like, moreso than i deserve, really. There's always this tension when you need help, but the help offered is more than you're comfortable taking? i'm not really in a position to say no, but i don't want my folks in the poorhouse on my account, right? Still, Knowing they have my back, and they think i'm doing the right thing means an awful lot. i can't imagine how hard it is for folx like me to have to push through all the crap society puts in front of us and be fighting their family at the same time.

Comment

• Oh my dogs...i put the FeverdreamS post in the LBsP thread...i am so dumb.

Anyhoot...

Got another late-night bite coming up for y'all!

This go about we're having a look at Cardboard City by Momento_sPrAy3. The too-long/didn't-watch is...it's got issues. There's some fun here, and the look is close to my sweet spot, as far as cardboard platformers go; but a bit of poor obstacle design in the middle is probably keeping most players from seeing much of it. Also, we've got way too many power-ups, with way too little utilization of them. Still, it's not a really bad level, just one that needs a lot of polish.

Thanks, as always, for the feedback and support, and have a great day!

Was supposed to skype with a friend last night. Then i blinked. Next thing i know, it's 5am, my table is just covered with drool, and i have the worst pain in my next. Oh, and she's rightly cheesed off. It probably would have been a good thing to have had dinner before the stream, for the extra energy, but there was just no time. Arrg...

Comment

• Ossu! Got another late-night bite coming at all y'all!

This go about we're looking at Mine by otkrgm_4. It's a very nice trip down LBP2 memory lane (and not broken in LBP3, yay!), with solid presentation, relatively easy and fun gameplay, and a pretty cool power-up that could really have seen a bit more use. All in all a good time, and worth a play or two through. Checkout some of otkgrm_4's other levels too, they're keen.

i really wanted to do a bonus stream last night, but by the time i got home my body was like, "you know what would be really fun? Going to sleep at 8.30." i was all "no body, that wouldn't be really fun." Or i would have been, except i'd already passed out.

Comment

• Ossu! Got another (little late) late-night bite up for y'all

This go about we're having a look at Lost City of The Curators by TheGamerMAKS. The too-long/didn't-watch is...well, this one certainly does have its issues. The biggest being an unnecessarily sloggy beginning that really kills momentum/interest in continuing the level; and LBP1's physics-heavy interactions making things a bit more difficult (and sometimes breakable) than necessary. Now, i was told that this was actually put together on-stream over on Twitch, which is pretty neat. It would explain the over-reliance on story mode prizes that we can see on display. i don't have a link to that stream yet, but i'd like to give it a look. Y'all should give this level at least a play or two, because it can be fun. You'll just need to power through that first bit.

Thanks for the support and feedback, and have a great day.

i was just so shagged out yesterday. All week it's been hike up to the 7th floor, move a bunch of crap around up there. Then down to 3rd, then up to 5th, down to 1st...etc etc etc. Look, it's been a whole lot of stairs, is what i'm saying. i guess it's a good leg work out, at least. i've got the day off today, unexpectedly, because no one tells me anything, and i wanted to get up to hijinx last night, maybe get fancied up and go out to the taxidermy bar. Buuuut...yeah, it got to be around 8.30p, and i was out like a light. At least i got some food in me this time.

Comment

• Fuuuudge! Time got completely away from me and i forgot to put up the post! Sorry!

Right, got another late late-night bite comin' up for y'all!

This go about we're looking at ~>>SanilFactory [Chapter1] <<~ by bombird. It's probably no surprise to anyone familiar with bombird's work, but this is a fantastic level. Visual presentation is, as always, just gorgeous; and there are a lot of neat little animation bits that look too good for LBP. Sometimes the pulled out cameras can make it a bit easy to get lost, but really there's nothing seriously wrong going on here. The ratio for the level, tho', is a shame. Something like 4000+plays, but only around 200completions? Trust me, it's worth it to put the time into beating this one.

Just, so much going on, and it's hard to keep myself awake to drag myself through it. My healthcheck got cancelled, at least; which is actually a good thing. Being around known not-really-so-down-with-LGBTQIA+ guys where they could see my big ol' "hey, check it, i'm trans" tattoo was not making me feel particularly safe.

Wrapped, kinda, the Indivisible stream the other night. i liked the game an awful lot. To have something drawing, and largely drawing well, on non-Eurocentric story-beats & imagery was really cool. The voice acting, as well, was just a giant treat. And, of course, Razmi. Always Razmi. She's the girl i wish i could have grown up as. But dogs and fish that last bit of gameplay. The platforming lead-up to the final boss was really not well-done, the camera work i would've dinged the heck out of if i were reviewing it here, or for Dreams. But the real kicker was the boss. Sure, lets (a) structure things in a way that goes completely against the story (forcing you to go it alone, when everything's set up the need to be a team) and (b) make necessary a technique that has been largely unnecessary up 'til now. Now it's not as bad as some games, where you've got to use something completely new right at the last bit, but still...you can get through the whole game without ever getting good at the Perfect Guard (you know, like i did), but if you don't have that skill down pat, well, you're not getting through the final boss. i...i was legit angry. This was the first time i've said, "Yup, we're done here" before actually finishing a game on stream, and there have been a few that really pushed my buttons (Axiom Verge, i'm looking at you now). i'm really disappointed.

Comment

• Ossu! Got another late-night bite comin' up for y'all!

This go about we're having a look at Nature by Phantall. The too-long/didn't-watch is it's a nice little cool-down level with a focus on scenery, but still enough gameplay to make it worth a go. The early cameras are a little wonky, and there are a few communication issues, but overall i had a good enough time with it. If you've had a run of frustrating levels, or over-long levels, this might be a good one to check out. Give it a look and see what you think, right now it only has 9plays, and could use a little more love.

Thanks, as always, for the support and feedback, and have a great day!

So, there was a screw-up at work, and i've been on a short vacation (until Monday). It didn't involve me, and no one got hurt thankfully, but the jobsite got fully shutdown. i mean, i could've used the money, quite badly in fact, but i'm not gonna lie, the time off has felt nice. Actually having a couple of days where i really didn't have to do anything has been so weird. Which, if you're in a place that's on lockdown might read odd to you, and i apologize. Covid's definitely here, but the gov't's not doing any testing, and largely people are just doing there normal thing. Except for a lot of schools being closed. Businesses are definitely still open, and i've not heard of all that many events being cancelled. On the other hand, i read a tweet about a notice that was put out to Japanese funeral homes that because of the spike in pneumonia-related deaths (completely unconnected to this current pandemic that causes pneumonia we're sure!) all bodies should be treated as potential (just potential!) carriers of Covid. This is going to be bad, but without acknowledgement, the Japanese gov't will probably get a pass, at least internationally.

Oh, what industry did risuko want to get into next? Was it embalming? Hrmm...maybe this'll make a job easier to grab.

Comment

• Ossu! Got another late-night bite comin' up for y'all!

This go about we're having a look at Jungle << by uncharted965. This one's a nice little throw-back to LBP1, relatively simple and smooth, and no particular breaks from playing in LBP3. There are a few places where the cameras could have been a little better set up, but nothing that should cause too much difficulty. i really like the fact that this one got brought back after years of incompletion, thanks to Covid related having to stay in. Nice to know something good can come out of all of this crap.

Really too much to get into right now.

Comment

Working...
                    X