Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R15F/LBsP Super Omnibus Thread (of love)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ossu! New late-night bite coming up at you!

This go about we're having a look at Brass & Bounce by XxEmo_StarxX. The too-long/didn't-watch is...well, there's a neat old-school, platform interaction effect here, at least. Not too much else to make a selling point of. Still, it's pretty short, so there's no reason not to give it a little bit of love, if you've got a couple of minutes to spare.

Thank, as always, for the support and feedback, and have a great day!

Behind the Curtains Stuffs
    Back down to 0 hearts. It kind of amuses me, to be honest.
    Last edited by risu5_waffles; 9th July 2019, 01:19 PM.
    LBP Community Level look-ats (and other stuffs)! R15F Season 1!, R15F Season 2!, and LittleBite-sizedPlanet!
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese language all at once? Now You can!

Comment

• Ossu! Another late-night bite coming up at you!

This go about we're having a look at Sunny Day by CDoublePlanet101. The too-long/didn't watch is...eh, it's a decent enough flat-camera sidscroller, but it's not likely to set anyone's world on fire. Still give it a shot, and see what you think, yeah?

Thanks, as always, for all the support and feedback, and have a great day!

So...i didn't think this was possible.
      Attached Files
      LBP Community Level look-ats (and other stuffs)! R15F Season 1!, R15F Season 2!, and LittleBite-sizedPlanet!
      Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese language all at once? Now You can!

Comment

• Ossu! Got another late-night bite coming up at you!

This go about we have the usual once-every-five-weeks playlist cleanup! As per standard, we'll be pulling these 10levels off the list tomorrow, but you've got a nice, handy list for you right here! Also in the video description, so you can get it there. Anywho, away we go!

Super Sack Bros: W2-8 Morton's Castle by TheWretched22
        Temple of Darkness by Marncore
        /Strange World/ by Uni_kittyGirl726
        Complex Corps. by acdramon
        "The Abandoned Cavern" by Stepho2012
        Littlesunset paradise by Wis910
        Imagine by HostileBunny16
        Return to the Islands by coldk50
        Factory of Acid by understory1278
        Puzzle Dasher Level 1 by VampyricByte

So if you've got the time, give some or all of these a bit of love (though...yeah, there are certainly a few clunkers in there, to be sure).

If you've been following on Twitter, you'll know yesterday was not a super-great-wonderful day. The ceilings of the kitchen and bathroom are still leaking, since the building Super won't call in the repair folk until tomorrow, so...that's just great. Can't cook any real food, since several of the more serious leaks are above the stove, so we're eating pre-made garbage food, and i hate it. Hopefully these jokers will show up pretty early tomorrow. Also, you know, sleep. Since i have to empty out the various pots, bowls, and tupperware once every hour or so. Whoo!

i've got a bead on a job. It's not really a good one, but work is work, and it seems like it ought to be easy enough to do. It will require some significantly large changes to my lifestyle if i want to free up enough money to do more important things with my life. That route means we'll only need to change the Thursday stream to a later time-slot, though it might not be a bad idea to shift the Saturday stream so i have some weekend night free for life stuff (since the jobs-paper lists it as a Monday to Friday 9 to 5.30kind of gig). Now, the other option, if i want to gin up money quick (which...to be honest...isn't not-tempting) is to try and pick up a part-time night job on top, which would have...outcomes on the channel/streams. This, of course, is all dependent on my actually getting the job, but i've got my paperwork in, and the interview, at least, is guaranteed. Fingers crossed. We really need to get moving forward, i feel like time is nipping at my heels a bit.

Comment

• Ossu! Got another late-night bite coming up for you!

This go about we're having a look at The Compass of Time by jauw2. The too-long/didn't-watch is it's an awful lot of fun, really. The central mechanic is well-integrated throughout the level, the pacing is excellent (the level runs about 9minutes, but it doesn't feel like it at all), and there's a little humour in the storytelling. i'd been wanting to look at this one way back in R15F, and i'm glad i finally got the chance here.

i can use my kitchen again, so i'mma gonna go and do that.

Comment

• Ossu! Got another late night bite for y'all!

This go about we're having a look at LittleBigCardboard by Galaxyo_Survivor. The too-long/didn't-watch is it's a poppy and fun level that's just a bit to slight to elevate it to the heights we see in other levels by Galaxyo, like the In My Dreams series. i'm not sure i would have given it the Level of the Day nod, but it's certainly entertaining enough to give a couple of playthroughs to, and coming in at under 3minutes, it should be easy to slot into about any quick-playlist. Give it a go and see what you think!

Yesterday was a bit of a rough one, to be honest. The week prior had been stressful enough, what with the whole roof thing, and then i go a call from that job i'd applied to to let me know they wouldn't be needing me after all. i thought i was supposed to get at least an interview, since it was through the jobs centre, but maybe not?

So i went back into the centre today, just to do a little consultation, see if we couldn't figure out what went wrong (since the HR guy hadn't given me any details). In the end, somehow, i ended up with an interview set up for tomorrow morning. i'm still a little unsure what, exactly, the job is...something to do with a sweets factory...but their in a super rush to fill the position. Enough to overlook the fact that i'm, basically, totally underqualified. Still a job's a job, as long as i get it, and i've had no experience in anything else i've ever done when i'd started, so...well, fingers crossed, really.

Comment

• Ossu! Got a special late-night bite coming up for y'all.

This go about we're having a second-look at A Demo. by chronos453. The too-long/didn't watch is, well, what do you expect, pretty freaking great, really. While the level is pretty tough, i found it to be far more manageable when i was playing it just to play it instead of recording/presenting it. Also not having it smack-dab in the middle of a stream, when i'm already starting to feel a little shagged. i do think that it'll benefit a lot from being slotted into the adventure chronos is putting together, so that it can follow from the slightly easier difficulty level of the previous one. Really though, give this one a couple of plays, because it really rewards practice. Also, if you do play, make sure to leave some feedback, chronos really wants it.

We'll talk about the interview another day.

Tomorrow's my birthday, and let me tell you, my 40th year on this benighted globe has been really weird.

Comment

• Ossu! Super-late post for our late-night bite!

This go about we're looking at The Unfinished Kingdom by REMEDED. The too-long/didn't-watch is it's a solid little bit of LBP2 goodness. It's got a pretty interesting visual presentation that works really well with the story/theme, though sometimes can make where you're supposed to go a little difficult to parse. Still, it's definitely worth a play or two.

If you follow me over on Twitter, you probably already know the broadstrokes here, but we had a bit of a day yesterday. Some money came in, and it was close enough to my birthday that i decided i'd treat myself, just this once. So, i did most all of the stuff that i enjoy. Got some Mexican for lunch. A couple of hours of karaoke. Saw the Child's Play reboot (which really wasn't all that bad, to be honest. i don't know if it'll become a classic, like the original, but it was fun enough and certainly didn't overstay its welcome. Stopped by the local where everyone kept buying me drinks, and...well...to be honest, i don't really remember how i got home. Actually...i think i might have walked half-way, and then caught a cab? Meh, whatever. It was such a good day, but i've spent the last 7hours paying for it with a whole heck of a hangover. Woof. Well, i've been talking about reining in my drinking for a while now, so this is a pretty good excuse to start.

Comment

• Crumbs! Was just supposed to have a bit of a nap, not sleep for six hours. Maa...anyways, late-night bite!

This go about we're having a look at Ghost Cheese! by comishguy67. The too-long/didn't-watch is...well...as a music video it's really quite good, as a survival challenge, though, not so much. Still give it a look if you haven't already, it's worth a couple of minutes just for the song and visuals.

Thanks, as always, for your support and feedback, and have a great day!

i really need to get back to some kind of coherent sleep schedule. That or spend less time out in the sun, which i'm pretty sure is knocking the stuffing out of me. There's a typhoon coming this weekend, and i'm honestly kind of happy about that. There's a bunch of video work that needs getting done, but mostly, it shouldn't be so darned hot.

Comment

• Ossu! Got another late-night bite coming up at you!

This go about we're having a look at Summer Food by alisanora. The too-long/didn't-watch is it's a competently put together platfomer that may not set anyone's world on fire, but doesn't really have any major faults either. Give it a play or two and see what you think.

New job starts tomorrow and i'm super worried i'll wake up late. So, to sleep now.

Comment

• Ossu! Got a late late-night bite post coming up at y'all!

This go about we're looking at Paperboy by Little_Big_Noah. The too-long/didn't-watch is it's...OK, i guess? Nothing that's really going to set the world on fire, but nothing majorly wrong with it either. It does have some really weird choices in sound design though. That'll probably set chronos's teeth on edge. Anyhow, give it a play and see what you think.

i got home at seven last night, and i was dead out asleep by eight. i'm getting a little nervous about the time-for-life aspect of my new employment. But hey, it's only been three days. It's got to get better, right?

For some reason, i can't log into lbp.me on my laptop. Dunno if that's a PSN problem, or if it's an lbp.me problem. Anything going sideways for y'all?

Comment

• Yeah, something is wrong with the LBP.me server. Steven says they're aware and are working on it. The rest of PSN is fine though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xerorogue View Post
                          Yeah, something is wrong with the LBP.me server. Steven says they're aware and are working on it. The rest of PSN is fine though.
                          Thank dogs for PSN working, at least. If it was down, i'd be well-screwed for getting anything done.

Ossu! Got another late-post late-night bite coming up for y'all!

This go about we're looking at Sackboy's Awesome Epic Platformer by V3NTU5_R3IGN3R. The too-long/didn't-watch is...ahh...the kindest thing you could say is it's got a little bit too much added into the stew-pot; and because of a lack of polish it can get a might-bit frustrating at times (which, i realize in afterthought isn't very kind). Also at 18minutes and change, it's really too long for what it's doing. i think there's a germ of a good level in there, but it's going to take a fair amount of work to get it to bloom.

i really wanted to record an episode after work last night. My body really wanted to go to sleep at 8p. i'll let you guess which side of that argument won.

Comment

• Ossu! Comin' up at ya with another late-night bite!

This go about we're looking at A Bizarre Encounter by Hirunda. The too-long/didn't-watch is...It's MEGIK! MEGIK MEGIK MEGIK! Really though, it's Megik.

So...i have Saturday and Monday off for the Bon Holidays, along with the usual Sunday. While i do worry a little about dosh-ability...i think my body could really use a bit of time not working.

Comment

• Ossu! Got another late-night bite comin' up at you!

This go about we're having a look at Toggle Popit Puzzle by LittleBlackadder. The too-long/didn't-watch is it's quite a nice tutorial level. It made me think of how poorly the story mode actually handled teaching how to use the Companion Characters. Even if you've already good grasp on how to play Toggle, though, this one is worth a couple of plays.

Back on holidays, this time until the 19th. Not by choice, i'll tell you, and it's really a bit too much time off. If i'm not working, i'm not getting paid; bundle this up with last week, and i'm losing a full 7days of dosh. This is...non-optimal, to be honest.

Comment

• Ossu! Got another (late) late-night bite (post) coming up for y'all!

This go about we're having a look at Winter platformer with oddsok by tatiana090976. The too-long/didn't-watch is it's...it's ok, but it could use a fair bit more polish in both presentation and gameplay to start to bring it up to that "pretty good" level. Still, it's fairly short and sweet, and not not worth a play or two, so give it a spin and see what you think. Plus, tatiana is a slick name, so i have to give a bit of respect right there.

Thanks, as always, for the support and feedback, and have a great day!

Went out to the local last night, which is why the post is late. Really didn't drink all that much (usually my limit for drinking at a bar is two beers, lest things get stupid expensive), but i was drinking pretty slow waiting for a barstool to open up (which never happened, 'twas pretty busy last night), so i didn't start walking home until about 12ish? Got in at 'round about 1a and i still feel kinda shagged. Woof.

Had a really nice experience at the B-side Label sticker shop here in Osaka. The story's a long one, and i don't have the time to write it up here (maybe we'll do it on stream, if i remember; someone remind me), but the short of it is i used the more obviously declarative form of my name (risuko/リス子, which is plainly feminine) for the first time in meatspace, and the clerk took it in stride and used it herself with nary a pause nor an eyeblink. It was just a little, completely normal thing that super made my day. The last week or so has been really all over the place emotionally, and that small everyday-type recognition...it was just...wow. So, basically i want to throw all my money at B-side now, which is kind of tough, since i really don't have a lot of call to buy stickers. They are very nice stickers, though.

Hey, is anyone having trouble getting onto Sackinima today? i keep getting "504 Gateway Timeout" errors.

Comment

Working...
                                X