Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R15F/LBsP Super Omnibus Thread (of love)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ossu! Tuesday Takeaway Time!

DaVinci's Flash Platformer - Dany88games
    Another one that's been abruptly pulled. Still not up as of yet.

Caverna - Thiag0_Neves3000
    Not much changed this go about, though the grabble ground seemed to stand out a little be more this time. It didn't really cause any trouble, but it was a touch annoying. Still found myself charmed by the simple, old-school feel to the level. Never quite figured out what the thing with the wall jump section was, but i'm certain it was some kind of given ability. Was pretty awkward, though.

*Star Travel* - Hanna-momo-nao
    Eeeeh... as a short, cool-down level it's fine, but it's pretty thin; and the presentation is on the cludgy side. It's not bad, it certainly has its charm. That being said, it's not the best to come out of the Jside. Then again, it's not the worst. That would be hello....

Rainy Tower - justjar95
    This one just hit all of my "like me, like me!" buttons so hard. Simple, straightforward cardboard presentation that makes clear expected gameplay? Check. Interactive mechanical elements? Check. Challenging, but also fair? Check. If a level's going for gameplay over environment, this is an almost textbook example in my book. For some reason the bounce pad section i pointed out in the episode as being really hard, this time i cleared it in one go. Now, the cannon bit before that? Probably a billion lives spent there.

sand splash! - Daemalous
    We've all made a level like this one, whether it got published or not. i should have just put an overlay over this section of the episode saying "This will be your first level. Get it out of the way, and learn what doesn't really work."

So, that's the that. Hope you found something you wanted to play in this set. If you've only got the time for one, i'd give it to Rainy Tower myself.

Behind the Curtains Stuffs
    Yes, yes, i slept in this morning. Again. Freaking Tuedays. It doesn't much help that i don't get home until 11ish on Mondays nowadays.
    So...one of the levels i'll be looking at...umm...in this Friday's episode (having two on the dock can make it difficult to remember which levels are in which, especially when you're looking at last week's episode's levels at the same time) got picked up for LotD. It's kind of teeth-gnashing. Especially because, *Spoilers* it's not like, particularly great?
    At some point shortly after LBP1's release, i completely forgot that reviews/comments on my levels might be an actual thing. So, i just stopped looking at them. Oops. There are like 9yrs worth of comments that i really would have been better up following up on at the time. Kind of bummed that i missed that opportunity.
    Dreams community creations look-ats at FeverdreamS
    LBP community creations look-ats at LittleBite-sizedPlanet
    Come join us for streams on Twitch too!

Comment

Cool set of levels and fair reviews. Good job, waffleking!

Comment

Thanks mdkd99! i couldn't do it without the support of viewers like you!

And we're live again with another Roughly 15 Fresh!

This week we're looking at:

Just another platformer - masseyf
        SASUKE Ninja Platformer - simora2873
        Forgotten - DrJones20
        LBP PLATFORMERS II: RETRO - taytoez
        Twisted Cave Of Water - TurboToilet

There's an interesting mix of levels here, and hopefully you'll find something that looks fun to you. Thanks as always for the support and feedback, and have a great day!

Behind the Curtains Stuff

The story in the intro is only slightly different from what actually happened in reality. i'm not nearly so bitter about it, especially not 20 years later. Still, it is amusing how these things work out.
        i'm a little bit salty about SASUKE getting picked up as LotD, mainly because i didn't see it coming i guess (i'm expecting one of the levels for next week's show getting picked, to be honest). i do wonder about picking something so inaccessible to present to the community as the best of the day, but, well, i'm not the person making these decisions.
        i've got the apartment to myself for the next week, i could use the time to get a lot of stuff done, or to finish up some games that've been languishing, or travel or something. Probably i'll just make an improbably and unnecessarily large Isaac backlog. i've just been in that kind of mood.

Comment

I have had the place to myself for the last week, perfect time for Shadow of the Colossus PS4 marathon!

Comment

i've got to sit down with some of your videos one of these days, really.

i actually got stuff done Yesterday! Ep. 011 is wrapped, level recordings for 012 are done, i've got an LBsP i just need PiPs for, and i played a bunch of community levels just for fun! It's like i stepped into the mirror world or something!

Comment

Ossu! Got a late night bite comin' at ya!

This time we're having a look at Ethereal Illusion by blackbird31468

It's an excellent little sci-fi romp from LBP2. Solid in look and gameplay. It's perfectly functional in LBP3, but looks nicer and has a few fewer break points if you play it in its native format. Hope you give it a look-see and have a good time playing. Thanks for all the support folks, and have a great night!

The night is long, but i am full of curry, so that's alright. We've got another LBsP in the pipe, it may be coming up tomorrow morning or tomorrow evening. i'd love to get it done tonight, but time's just kind of slipped away on me. It's not even all that late, but i'm just beat.

Comment

Ossu! Bringing another one hot and fresh to ya!

This go about we're taking a look at vERGE^1 by TigerSlash03

It's a cool visual-driven story-style level with a little platforming to move you along. It's really quite neat, and definitely deserves a play. Thanks as always for the support, and have a great night!

My curry has evolved into a risotto.

Comment

Here we are again for a Tuesday Takeaway!

Just another platformer - masseyf
                  Well, it's not what it says on the tin. i mean, it is a platformer, and some of the platforming is a bit tricky; but it's really more of a puzzler. Puzzler? Maybe. There's a lot of "how do i get this bit to move there so i can progress," so i think we can go with puzzler. My feelings didn't really change much from the video, the backtracking gets old quick, and the end, i was wondering if the juice was really worth the squeeze. i would say no, personally.

SASUKE Ninja Platformer
                  Again, this one was in the same spot as i felt when i was recording. Visually, it's really quite keen; and it's certainly a hard level, which can be nice. But the gap between death and getting to take another stab at the run really starts to add up after awhile. Apparently there's an American Ninja Challenge show or something? Someone in the reviews mentioned that. i guess they just took the old American Gladiator sets and reused them, which i suppose goes to show that networks are pretty lazy.

Forgotten - DrJones20
                  Meh...there's just not much going on with this one. It starts off promisingly enough, but then we hit the invisible floor section, and then it's done. As a vehicle for listening to a nice music track, it's fine.

LBP PLATFORMER II: RETRO - taytoez
                  Nice little platformer, short, but visually packed enough to make it fun to go through. i appreciate that they had an option to change music, though i wonder why they didn't have a default song playing. You can do the whole level without any if you skip that bit at the beginning. i've been thinking a little bit more about music in levels, 'cause i play around with it for the show. i like the interactive music boxes more, i think, because you can squeeze a lot more out of a single song.

Twisted Cave of Water - TurboToilet
                  It's...well...it's a pretty straight-forward cave environment. Doesn't do much wrong, but...once you've seen a dozen, you've seen them all. i don't know what TT was meaning when they said they were trying more unorthodox gameplay, it was all pretty orthodox to me. Maybe i've been playing too many levels. Interesting point, but i got a comment on YouTube directing me to another of TT's levels; but also mentioned they'd needed to signpost the level because people couldn't figure out how to finish the level without it. i...i...i've probably definitely been playing too many levels.

So...that's the that. It was a little on the meh side of things this go around, unfortunately. Nothing not worth giving at least a go at, but nothing that just screamed "play me" i suppose. Thanks as always for all the support, and i hope y'all have a fine day!

Got a weird glitch last night, putting together the hub, where all the timers and counters just appeared as the frame, so you couldn't see if they were really triggering or not. Seems to have disappeared this morning, though, so that's a good thing.
                  i am listening to Bill Hicks, and that is also a good thing.

Comment

When logic bits start disappearing like that, you’ve got too much stuff in your level. Did you get the “too much complexity” error or something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by katanagirl1 View Post
                      When logic bits start disappearing like that, you’ve got too much stuff in your level. Did you get the “too much complexity” error or something like that?
                      Nope, and they weren't disappearing, per se. Like the box and wires were there, but there was nothing indicating the counters/timers had gone up, all i could see was the box and the green of the microchip inside. It was really odd, and persisted even when i went into my TestBed03 level (which is mostly empty at the moment).
                      The really funny thing is i just recently did a simplification sweep, paring down unnecessary logic bits (my sackbots are trim nowadays).

Comment

LBP3 and it's demons. :D

I hope it's fixed now.

Comment

Well okay, parts of logic were disappearing. I’d try setting up your logic chips to only activate when you need them, that should help.

Comment

Yar, that is something i often forget to do. Thanks for reminding me KG.

Ossu! Got another one coming up for all ya katz and katzenjammers!

This week we'll be having a look at:

Snow Dream - papabobo777
                            Sweet winter dream - Iced_Chai2010
                            The Tower of Silence - alexsiro
                            Electro Shock - kissmyself
                            colo colo ball - Lorococo

It's an odd, fun set; no real clunkers in the lot. There ought to be something there that catches your eye. At least i hope there is. Thanks for all the feedback and support. Have a great day now, yeah?

Come on! Really, now. See...i'd figured Sweet winter dream was going to get the LotD nod, and i'd made my peace with that. Wasn't going to be salty about it, 'cause the downside of starting to put together an episode one to two weeks before it'll be published is that sometimes they'll just take off in the interim; and Sweet winter dream went bang just about when i recorded it. So...okay.
                            Then i wake up this morning and Tower of Silence has got the LotD pick...you know, as it does, after setting there for about 2years at a couple hundred plays. *slow clap* Well played, Sumo ComMan, well played. Look...i know it's just ego, but...fine, whatever. *Quietly seethes*

We got Pam back this episode, and finally had Stella on, and that was fun. Back in December, i'd had the idea of doing an LBsP story episode, with Pam, Stella, and Mei shopping for a wedding dress on one side, and Frank, Me, and Naoki picking out suits on the other. The joke was going to be us guys talking about marriage stuff, and the gals talking about what brand of monofilament wire would be best if you need to garrote your way through an enemy base. Yes, yes, i know it would've been as cliche as heck, but it would have also fit the characters. Also, it would have amused me, which is the important thing. Never did get around to doing that though. Lack of time plus a bit of laziness.

We might have an LBsP tutorial episode today, but i'm not sure (a) if it's actually necessary, and (b) how i want to set it up. Also (c), if i'll actually have time for it today. Thinking of publishing a gallery level for some of the stuff that we've looked at so far in the show. It would require me to go and clearly label all the logic bits i've used, and set up a guide, and all that...so...i dunno...maybe?

Comment

Yeah, your YouTube series is saving someone a whole lot of time researching and playing levels in LBP!

Comment

Heh, well, that was the goal...it just happens a little quicker than i'd expect at times.

Oh, my, Entropy...this took so long to do. Still, we're back again with another LBsP Tutorial!

This is just a little look at signposting in levels; where, why, and how. At least, it's supposed to be. Thanks for all the support, and have a great night!

Each segment of the video took at least 10takes (that's not even exaggerating), and everything got recorded out of order, because i liked something at first, and then something that got recorded later screwed up a segue, or i looked at it again and didn't like it. Anyway, it was a thing, and i hope the end result is helpful.
                                i'm going to put together a gallery level with the logic bits and bots we've looked at in the LBsP Tutorials, but it's not going to be tonight. Sometime this week, at least. i hope...

Comment

Working...
                                X