Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R15F/LBsP Super Omnibus Thread (of love)!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ossu! Got a late-night recap episode coming at you!

So this go about, we'll be peeling these episodes off the lbp.me playlist.

Polarity by skilletfan5383
    Natural Sky by chaosgear
    The Greatest Cake by warbyte01
    Forgotten Space Station by ScooterMix
    Dreamiverse Dash by Super-Fantastic
    Supercharged Tower Defense by chronos453
    Sands of Egypt by SrFreeze
    Ascension by Precipite2
    Deep down facility by markybarlow
    Rusty Metal by MajorMaximusLBP

If you've got the time, give a couple of these levels a whirl, yeah? Some of them are quite good, but keep in mind, a few of them are a bit long.

Thanks, as always, for all the support and feedback, and have a great day!

Behind the Curtains Stuffs
    Got our internet thing mostly sorted today, though there are still a couple things that need to get squared away. The 'net guy showed up about 15minutes earlier than they said he would, so it's a good thing we wrapped the stream up when we did.

Gonna put a theory out as a bookmark for the moment, but i'm thinking that they're setting up Osborn as Green Goblin as a heavy for a Spider-Man 2. They've put in a fair amount of implied set-up for it, but i'm not sure there's enough time left in the game to make for a good narrative pay-off. We've still got Doc. Ock and Mister Negative to go, but according to the menu screen, we've only got 8% of the game to go.

i'm going to a weirdo wedding Sunday, so...that's a thing.
    LBP Community Level look-ats (and other stuffs)! R15F Season 1!, R15F Season 2!, and LittleBite-sizedPlanet!
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese language all at once? Now You can!

Comment

• Ossu! Another late-night bite coming up at you here!

This go about we're having a look at Welcome back to The Gardens! by loopy1200. The long story short is, well the first half is neat looking, though the difficulty curve is a bit all over the place. The end bit is...well, kind of drab, to be perfectly honest. Still, it's not all bad, and worth enough a quick play-through. Give it a shot and see what you think.

Geeze...Faith No More is really a solid band, inn'it?

Life is all kinds of life. i put up a meatspace episode yesterday that i should've put in the Playlist Cleanup post.

It occurs to me, often, that i have no idea how people think. Not what they think, most folks are less-than-circumspect in letting you know that; but how. At times i find the process of thought to be deeply disconcerting.
      LBP Community Level look-ats (and other stuffs)! R15F Season 1!, R15F Season 2!, and LittleBite-sizedPlanet!
      Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese language all at once? Now You can!

Comment

• Oops...yeah, late post is late, sorry about that y'all.

This go about we're looking at Material Madness by FullcowlGokuYT. It's...a hard level to legitimately review without the review becoming a dunk-a-thon. It is, at least, definitely a level, not an empty box and a scoreboard. It does have a couple of neat bits, it's just nothing is expanded on at all. Still, if you've got a free minute, give it a look, it doesn't take long.

My throat is completely wrecked. Yesterday started off well-enough, i suppose. Didn't take long to hit a wall, though. i had to go to the tax office to try to renegotiate my payments. i don't mind paying taxes, really. Sure the money would help if it were in my bank account, but it's getting used to pay for things we all benefit from. Still, since i have no income now, i thought maybe deferring the payments, or breaking them up so they'd be easier to deal with would help a lot.

Turns out that's not a doable thing. If i'd been fired, they'd have been more obliging, they said, but...

So...i ended up going to karaoke. This...was a mistake. i always pick the two-hour package, and then remember too late that i can't actually sing that much, at least not the songs i enjoy singing, without completely wrecking my throat. Of course, all the shochu on the rocks didn't help either. Spent the next couple hours walking about, because i'd gotten it in my head i wanted to stop in at the local, and that doesn't open until 8p. Had a couple of beers, because when you're in a crap financial situation, why not dig that hole a little deeper? Eh? Eh?

My mood's been all over the place, and last night wasn't a very good one. i'd say it couldn't get any worse, but i'm not stupid enough to ask for that much trouble.

Oh, i don't have a beard anymore. It feels reaaaaaly weird. i mean, i've had it since i was 18.

Comment

• Ossu! Another late-night bite coming up at you!

This go about we're having a look at !Free Game! by jb1182. The too-long/didn't watch is, it's really, really quite good. Solid environment, cool character mechanics, some nice movie work. There are a bit of odd bits off, but it's definitely worth a play. Even got picked up for level-of-the-day/team pick (they could have waited a few days, though, no?). Whenever we get some gloom and doom about the "End of LBP" it's always nice to find a newly-published level like this one.

Oh my dogs! i realize i didn't talk at all about the wedding! It was so. much. fun. There was pro wrestling! Like full-on-donkey-kong pro wrestling (though...less of a squared-circle and more of a bunch of mats duct taped together, but still). The two chaps they'd hired on sold it like you wouldn't believe. There was a pile-driver through a chair. It was nuts. Oh, and no one gave even half-a-fig about how i looked. That...that meant an awful lot to me.

These last few days i've been in a base-level good mood, and it feels...really foreign? i'm not going to complain about it, and i'm a little worried if i poke it too hard, things will swing back to the weird numb/null-state i've been drifting in since last June. Still, something's going right. Some direction i'm moving in is the right one. i don't know how to explain it, but there it is.

We'll have a quick bonus episode up tomorrow.

Comment

• Wait, what? They had wrestling...at the wedding!? That's awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Xerorogue View Post
              Wait, what? They had wrestling...at the wedding!? That's awesome!
              https://twitter.com/Waffleking23/sta...18335753916416
              Click image for larger version

Name:	D8mh1p7U8AEVDGU.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	9038
              https://twitter.com/Waffleking23/sta...18335753916416
              Oh, it was a whole thing.

Comment

• Ossu! Special late-night bite coming at you!

So, holy heck but it's been two years since we got the show up on it's legs and running. i want to thank the lot of you for sticking about with me for it. We're going to keep it going, so let's shoot for four? Y'all have a great day now, yeah?

For some reason i just can't figure out how to turn the music off in my hub in Dreams. i kit together a second area, it turned out pretty well i think. i got a teleporter set-up so i can get from one to the other easily enough. The problem is, the sound track for the first area definitely does not fit the second. i poked around a bit in the logic, but so far i got nothing. Saa...we'll figure it out eventually.

Comment

• Ossu! Coming at you with another late-night bite!

This go about we're having a look at the LBP3 reworking of The Flooded Caves of Nadaha-Ar by paczek321. The too-long/didn't watch is...ahh...conceptually pretty keen, but betrayed by how LBP3 handles paintinator shots. The core concept is there, but i think it probably could use a fair amount of reworking to get into an enjoyable state for LBP3. Still, give it a try and maybe you'll have better luck than i did.

Thanks as always for all the support and feed back, and have a great day!

Went to another job centre thing today, one of these seminars required for me to get unemployment (though designed so hopefully the participants won't have to). It was a little easier to follow than the first one i went to. Also, surprisingly supportive. Of course, they push the idea that getting re-employed sooner is better than later, but more from the stand-point that we'll be able to claim more benefits that way (there are certain support stipends that pay out once you're employed again, to help carry you to your first paycheck, but they go down the more actually unemployment payments you've received). Also, the chap running it was surprisingly insistent on our not just taking the first job that comes along, and not being shy about asking hard questions about salary and hours during the job interview. i appreciated that a lot.

i'd actually gone to the foreign-specializing job centre yesterday, just to get some clarification on some of the forms. The woman helping me was actually super cool and very encouraging. During the course of our conversation, she checked on some jobs in the funeral industry (since we'd been talking about past work experience), and she found one! But...when they put in some calls for me, it turned out they were only looking for a woman at the moment. ... Eventually i'll need to get a little deeper into why this was so ironically hilarious.

Comment

• Ossu, got another (a little late) late-night bite coming up for you!

This go about we're having a look at 癒しパンダの城(Healing Panda Castle) by roui-1. The too-long/didn't watch is...i think it's broken? i'd like to ask any of you with access to a PS3 to give it a look on there (it's an LBP2 jam), it seems like there's a bounce pad that's not spawning in the first area that makes the level unplayable through LBP3.

Thanks, as always, for all the support, and have a great day!

i took a nap, it was good! And i woke up at 9p! Great! Then...i fell asleep again and woke up at 10.30p... not so good.

Was taking a walk today, and got caught under a railway underpass when it started absolutely pouring. There was a super-bright orange support beam that contrasted amazingly with the super-dark grey sky. It was, really quite beautiful, really. Surprisingly enough, when i got home finally, all the clothes and sheets i'd left hanging on the balcony hadn't gotten wet.

The Japanese gov't trusts i'm not a terrorist, this is nice, i really needed the money. Especially since i finally got my new ISP cancelled, and that's gonna run me 30k yen. But, let's compare. One episode of Isaac uploaded on "new" ISP 3-5hrs. On "old" ISP, 45minutes. There's not really any contest there.

Comment

• Ossu! Got another late-night bite coming at ya!

This go about we're having a look at ~。。Dreams。。~ by dodaddo304. The too-long/didn't-watch is it's a fun enough race, that could use a little bit of polish here and there to really elevate it. Still, it's a pretty good go, and worth a play or two. Give it a go, yeah?

So, i went and did it. i jumped. *whoo* This was a whole thing. So, i made a Meatspace episode to go through what i'm going through recently. i don't usually push people to actually watch my videos, but this one is kind of important to me, so it would mean a lot if you did give it a look. Also, it's only 10minutes, so...i mean, yeah?

Comment

Working...
                      X