Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R15F/LBsP Super Omnibus Thread (of love)!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...And that's why you never go sober.

Well, at least it gives you a pretty good chance start over for the new year. Maybe try something new?

I recommend investing in a timeshare. T̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶c̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶u̶t̶u̶r̶e̶.

Comment

• Yeah, i'm thinking something needs to change in my life. Which is not a moosey-faced thought, mind; just a daunting one.

Ossu! A quick Friday bite here!

This time we're looking at The Pirates Castle by MofoSuperVillain. The too long/didn't watch is it's a fun little piece of LBP1-era platformery that shows some very clear roots to Mofo's creation style. Which is pretty interesting, since most of their (and their sub-account's) levels are no longer up for play. So...that's a thing. At any rate, give it a play and see what you think.
      Thanks as always for the support, and have a great day!

Behind the Curtains Stuffs
      So... my streams are cursed? We had the game crash/profile corruption thing on LBP3 a couple of weeks back. The servers crashed (or, more precisely, i lost my connection to the servers) during the "A Hat in Time" stream yesterday. Now, during the Isaac bonus stream today we had a game crash, and then 30minutes later a connection drop-out.
      This really burns my bacon. i hate saying that i'll do a thing, and then not actually be able to do that thing. i'm not sure what i can really do to resolve the issue on my end. i don't know if it's a PS thing, or a YouTube thing, or a my wifi-router thing. Would it help if i moved things to Twitch? No idea folks. i'll see what i can figure out, but for the nonce, i'm really sorry, yeah?
      LBP Community Level look-ats (and other stuffs)! R15F Season 1!, R15F Season 2!, and LittleBite-sizedPlanet!
      Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese language all at once? Now You can!

Comment

• Ossu! Got a quick bit of housekeeping here!

This is just peeling off the ten oldest levels from the playlist and giving them one last shout-out. Try a couple, try them all if you've got the time.

Simplexity by Rayvolution*
        ***Colorful City*** by vivasjunior
        Factory of a Worse Today by LittleBigCat21**
        So You Think You Can Claus! by WaffleGod345***
        Light's Forest by SrFreeze
        From cheddar with love.. by CANDY_KING_ALEC
        Miasuma | Above the City by Sparky-Gaming
        Cactus by ManPetKid
        Desert Crate Shipments Inc by zeefam
        Ethereal Illusions by blackbird31468****

Thanks as always for all the support and feedback, and have a great day!
        *Almost broken, but can be completed in LBP3, for best results play in LBP1
        **Broken in LBP3, needs to be played in LBP2
        ***There's an "o" prompt to forward the dialogue that's easy to mistake for decorative flair. You'll know it when you see it, but make sure to press "o" or else some necessary elements won't be spawned later in the level.
        ****Runs a bit wonky in LBP3. It can be finished, but playing in the original LBP2 will yield the best experience.

Work is work, it's about as bad as i expected, but not as bad as i dreaded.

On Chronos453's recommendation i've been watching Madoka Magika. i've been really enjoying it, and my enjoyment has grown by episode (though i've only finished episode 4 as yet). i do think it leans in on the foreshadowing a little hard, but that might just be coming to it late with osmotic knowledge from other places. Strangely for a Jside anime on Jside Netfilx, but it actually has both full English subtitling and dialogue options. i'm going with just the subtitling, because i do need the listening practice, but even just having that available is rare as hen's teeth.
        Funny (?) story, but i'd only ever seen, or perhaps it would be better to say noticed, the name written in romaji, in discussions on English language message boards. i'd always assumed the "gi" in Magika was pronounced like it is in magic, which would yield a bit of a pun, as "majika" is a bit of a slangy "Really?!" or "No way!" in Japanese. i was pretty disappointed seeing the title card done in hiragana, and the gi being, actually, "gi" (ぎ). A bit of a wasted opportunity, there.
        LBP Community Level look-ats (and other stuffs)! R15F Season 1!, R15F Season 2!, and LittleBite-sizedPlanet!
        Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese language all at once? Now You can!

Comment

• Originally posted by waffleking23 View Post
          Funny (?) story, but i'd only ever seen, or perhaps it would be better to say noticed, the name written in romaji, in discussions on English language message boards. i'd always assumed the "gi" in Magika was pronounced like it is in magic, which would yield a bit of a pun, as "majika" is a bit of a slangy "Really?!" or "No way!" in Japanese. i was pretty disappointed seeing the title card done in hiragana, and the gi being, actually, "gi" (ぎ). A bit of a wasted opportunity, there.
          Wouldn't really make sense though, unless you have prior knowledge of English...

I can kind-of picture it though... "Mashika -- The excitable animoo"

Comment

• Wait...other way around, isn't it?

Ossu! A bit of a late little nibble here!

This go about we're taking a look at Lost Valley - Modern Sonic Green Hill Zone by lukedy0974. The too long/didn't watch is...it's...it's kind of an ok Sonic homage that at least has some nice pixel art?
            Thanks as always for all the feedback and support, and have a great day!

They changed my schedule to end an hour later, so....yeah, the timing of everything is all off.

Comment

• Ossu! Another quickie bite here!

This go about we're having a look at Forests & Caves by ItsWashington17. The too long/didn't watch is...it's got some interesting ideas in it, but could use a little more time in the kiln to really cohere into something solid. Still, it's always cool to see folks trying new things out, and hopefully this will be one more step on ItsWashington17's creator's road.

Thanks as always for the feedback and support, and have a great day!

So, i mean, that's a thing.
              Last edited by waffleking23; 11th January 2019, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• Ossu! Another quick bite here.

This go about we're having a look at Sky Kingdom by KoolKat220. The too long/didn't watch is...LBP3 really doesn't like LBP2's lighting. The level's a bit gameplay light, but it's pretty nice looking...in LBP2 at least. It gets really washed-out in LBP3, which is a shame, because there's some really nice sticker work going on here. Still, it's worth a few plays for sure, and i had a good enough time with it.

Thanks as always for all the feedback and support, and have a great day!

We're writing this up at 11am, since i know getting back from work later will throw everything off timing-wise.

Put in the pre-order for Biohazard 2(updated, super-triple-double remastered version). i'm getting it off the US store, just so i have the uncensored version. Which probably doesn't really mean all that much in the long run, but...i'd rather play the game that was made, rather than the game that was chopped down to fit the law? Thing is, the US PSN lists a release date of Jan. 25...but Jan 25 in the US is the 26th here in Japan? i'm hoping it will drop on my 25th, since that means we'll be able to have it on a Friday bonus stream, and that would be cool.

i want to lodge here, in case i haven't mentioned it before, High School of the Dead is really, really bad. i mean, i'm kind of embarrassed watching it.

Comment

• Ossu! Got a Friday Night Bite here!

This go about we're having a look at Polarity by skilletfan5383. The too long/didn't watch is it's a pretty neat gimmick platformer that could probably stand a little expansion, but still manages to be awful fun. It hasn't gotten a whole lot of heat yet, so give it a few goes and see what you think. i liked it a lot.
                  Thanks as always for all the support and feedback, and have a great day!

i'm writing this early because i feel like crap, and am going to try to take a nap, wake up and post this, and then go back to sleep. Stupid body. Stupid meat.

Comment

• Aw man, hope you get to feeling better. I remember playing this level awhile back. Pretty neat it was.

Comment

Working...
                    X