• Show
Clear All

• 10 questions on LBP's 10 year anniversary

Click image for larger version

Name:	lbpmems.jpg_large
Views:	54
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	5675

This week that wonderful Create - Play - Share world that is Little Big Planet celebrates its 10th Birthday. A treasured much loved first step into the realm of creative gaming for many, years of fun and inspiration lasting far beyond the lifespan of many gaming experiences. Those lovely folks Media Molecule who created LittleBigplanet and all it's inhabitants will be holding a special Livestream on Friday 2nd November 5pm GMT, with that in mind do you have a question related to LBP you would like to ask?
    If so post in this thread and we'll try and get it answered....and maybe you could share your memories of LBP by answering these questions if you fancy

1. Which version of LBP is your favourite?

2. What was your 1st level or creation on LBP?

3. What are your most treasured memories of LBP?

4. What are your 3 favourite LBP songs?

5. What is your favourite LBP material?

6. What is your favourite Sackboy costume?

7. Describe LBP in 3 words?

8. How has LBP impacted on you?

9. Which of your levels ( or a friends ) would you like to see played this week?

10. What LBP related Question would you like to ask Media molecule?
    Last edited by EnochRoot; 29th October 2018, 08:45 PM.
    ‚Äč

Q: Which version of LBP is your favourite?

A: LBP2. They took what was great from LittleBigPlanet 1 and dialled it up to 11. Lots of great memories made there.

Q: What was your 1st level or creation on LBP?

A: My first creation was a sticker-bomb race level. My first published level was my own recreation of the Total Wipeout UK courses.

Q: What are your most treasured memories of LBP?

A: Meeting some of my favourite creators, and making new friends on my journey through the game.

Q: What are your 3 favourite LBP songs?

This is hard, but I think I can narrow it down,

1. Air Song (8am Version) - Solar Fields - This is my favourite song, period. Heard it in LBP3, searched it up, found it was made by Solar Fields whom I had discovered previously, and has been my favourite song ever since.

2. Planetarium - Squarepusher - DnB goodness from LBP2.

3. Get It Together - The Go! Team - Pure classic, man. Screams LBP1.

Q: What is your favourite LBP material?

A: Cardboard. One of the most versatile materials in the game. Very good.

Q: What is your favourite Sackboy costume?

A: Favourite full-on costume would probably be Assassin's Creed II: Ezio. Loved running around as him back in LBP1. My favourite costume piece however would HAVE to be the Rare Prize Crown. One of the most sought after pieces of virtual bling ever, and I'm proud that I earned one in my time of playing the franchise.

Q: Describe LBP in 3 words?

A: Absolute mad house.

Q: How has LBP impacted on you?

A: It's completely changed my life. LittleBigPlanet is one of the catalysts for my career choice now as a graphic designer, and played a huge part in my life growing up. For me, LittleBigPlanet was the natural progression of my creativity. I used to LOVE playing with Lego as a kid, and when I discovered LittleBigPlanet, I knew what I wanted to pursue next. It's the only reason I asked for a PlayStation 3 for Christmas. LittleBigPlanet was one of the only things keeping my creative flame alive as a teenager, and really helped me pursue subjects and career paths I was genuinely interested in. I can look back at my time in LittleBigPlanet and be proud of what I had accomplished. Of course, I have regrets, but I wouldn't change the experiences I had playing those games for the world. This is why I'm so excited for Dreams. I'm more mature now. I'm more engaged with the community, and here we all are; at the beginning of a new era of Play.Create.Share. It's like being back in 2008 again. Fansites popping up, community members eagerly awaiting any scrap of news we can get our hands on, it's marvellous. I hope we can look back on moments in Dreams in a decade's time and have the same feelings as we do looking back at LBP now.

Q: Which of your levels ( or a friends ) would you like to see played this week?

A: Couldn't pick one! There are so many great levels out there. I would however like to see some of the community's greatest levels, Sackie Award Winning-level games showed off once more.

Q: What LBP related Question would you like to ask Media molecule?

Favourite LittleBigPlanet story level?

This is a great thread, Enoch. Looking forward to the stream!

Cheers,

Vertigo

- Links -

Comment

Alright, I'm diving in!

1. Which version of LBP is your favourite?

Now, there's no doubt in my mind that LittleBigPlanet 2 is the best version, but uh uh uh! That wasn't the question!

Personally, the one that left the most impression on me with its charm is, without a doubt, LittleBigPlanet.

2. What was your 1st level or creation on LBP?

I don't even think I remember. I know this isn't my first account, but I really can't remember the name of my first one.

Anywho, for this account, lbp.me tells me that my first level was this apparently:

3. What are your most treasured memories of LBP?

I remember on my old account, I used to create with quite a few other people. Screwing around with 'em was actually pretty fun.

4. What are your 3 favourite LBP songs?

Oh ho. Oh ho ho ho!

I don't think I could just pick one, honestly, so I'm going to pick 3 songs from each of the series. I know that wasn't the question, but rules were made to be broken!

LittleBigPlanet:

1. Orb of dreamers -- Can you feel it?
      2. Atlas -- This song actually has lyrics. Whoa.
      3. Volver a Comenza -- It's hard choosing. I love all these songs.

That second one, innit?:

1. The factory of a better tomorrow -- It's depressing, catchy, and has a great use of instrumentals.
      2. New Family -- Soothing and catchy.
      3. SleepyHead (instrumental) -- What else?

Bad things come in threes:

1. I only have eyes for you -- I ooonly have eyeees for youuu
      2. Pink Shoelaces -- He takes me deep-sea fishing in a submarine.
      3. Rabbit pushing mower -- I quite like the edit they did of this one.

Oh, by the by, if you click on the names of these songs, they'll link you to the song itself. Joy!

That took far, far too long.

5. What is your favourite LBP material?

Cardboard. There's just something so charming about making something out of cardboard.

That's why Nintendo Labo exists.

6. What is your favourite Sackboy costume?

Now that's definitely a hard one. If I had to choose, it would probably be a tie between:

1. That YellowHead chap

2. Clive Handforth. -- Why? Because it's Clive bloody Handforth.

7. Describe LBP in 3 words?

Little. Big. Planet.

8. How has LBP impacted on you?

Greatly. I don't think I'd be interested in any creative medium without it.

If it wasn't for LittleBigPlanet, I wouldn't of wasted an hour and a half of my time at 5:00 in the morning writing about some game series released in 2008.

So, uhm. Thanks Media Molecule.

9. Which of your levels ( or a friends ) would you like to see played this week?

I dunno, probably this one:

10. What LBP related Question would you like to ask Media molecule?

Who'd win in a fight, Avalon Centrifudge or Don Lu's dog?

Phew, that was probably the second most fun form I've ever had the displeasure to fill out. Thanks.

Sorry that was so long. I need to go lie down.
      Last edited by Sir monacle; 30th October 2018, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X