Which of these was your Favourite PS4 game in 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of these was your Favourite PS4 game in 2018

Running a Dreamsverse poll to see which title everyone had the most fun with in 2018.
    Which game did you enjoy the most, which did you think was over-rated? Which was the most overlooked game. What was your standout gaming moment this year?
    Assassins creed Odyssey
    6.67%
    Detroit Become Human
    6.67%
    Far Cry 5
    13.33%
    God of War
    6.67%
    Monster Hunter World
    13.33%
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    6.67%
    Spider-man
    20.00%
    None of the above: post answer please
    26.67%

The poll is expired.

Cathrine!

ok so it's a PS3 Game....

Ok so it's not even a 2018 game but damn what a gem of a game it is! I don't think it's got the love it deserved! Such a great game. It's an addictive puzzle with likes I don't think I've ever seen before with a great story, great animation, great replay humor, and a very good tone.

I've only recently discovered it on PS now so if you got that I recommend you go play it as words alone can't do it justice.

Comment

Dreams!

...What do you mean that doesn't count!?

Comment

Originally posted by Arcainess View Post
        Cathrine!

ok so it's a PS3 Game....

Ok so it's not even a 2018 game but damn what a gem of a game it is! I don't think it's got the love it deserved! Such a great game. It's an addictive puzzle with likes I don't think I've ever seen before with a great story, great animation, great replay humor, and a very good tone.

I've only recently discovered it on PS now so if you got that I recommend you go play it as words alone can't do it justice.
        I only recently finished Catherine as well. Maybe it was even this year, would have to check. Had a lot of trouble with the puzzles but once I stuck with it I managed. And in the end felt pretty competent.

Also..did you know there is a PS4 remake on the way? With an extra character added

Comment

Which game did you enjoy the most, which did you think was over-rated? Which was the most overlooked game. What was your standout gaming moment this year?

enjoyed most: Burnout Paradise re-release

over rated: for me it was Red Dead, i see it more as a giant life sim and not a video game. if i wanted to watch what i eat , wear, or how i look, i would turn off the console and actually do things in real life

(that's all i got)

on twitter @b_coli_ LBP related, or @TheMindOfColi everything else!

Comment

Originally posted by MixiM View Post

I only recently finished Catherine as well. Maybe it was even this year, would have to check. Had a lot of trouble with the puzzles but once I stuck with it I managed. And in the end felt pretty competent.

Also..did you know there is a PS4 remake on the way? With an extra character added
            Ohhhh I did as well but that what I liked about the game. The puzzles weren't a cakewalk but damn some of them was a pain! XD

Comment

Over-rated: GRIP
              overlooked: “Disney Afternoon Collection” (2017)
              most enjoyable: “Detroit: Become Human”
              standout gaming moment: scoring great at “Back to the Future” table in “Pinball FX2”

Comment

Originally posted by Arcainess View Post

Ohhhh I did as well but that what I liked about the game. The puzzles weren't a cakewalk but damn some of them was a pain! XD
                For the longest time I did not use the undo feature. But it makes finding the right way up a lot more enjoyable. Really made all the difference for me.

As for the games: I think i'm going to vote for God of War, even though I have not finished it yet. But I really like RDR2 also, need to get back in to playing it.

Also liked what I played from MH:W during that free weekend last weekend. Thinking about getting it. But so many games..so little time..

Most overlooked: Ni no kuni II maybe?

Comment

Tetris Effect is my game of the year. You wouldn't think tetris could get much better, but they've perfected it with this version I think.

Turn off the lights, put on headphones and it's more immersive than any game you'll play.
                  - Formerly known as FlyingIrishMan

Comment

I haven't played any of those released this year. I did get RDR2 yesterday but haven't installed it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy View Post
                      Tetris Effect is my game of the year. You wouldn't think tetris could get much better, but they've perfected it with this version I think.
                      Turn off the lights, put on headphones and it's more immersive than any game you'll play.
                      I was considering getting this to play in PSVR figuring it wouldn't cause much in the way of nausea. This Tetris expert really seemed to enjoy it...

Originally posted by Xerorogue View Post
                      I haven't played any of those released this year. I did get RDR2 yesterday but haven't installed it yet.
                      I was thinking this game would be great for you, let us know how you get on with it.

Comment

Originally posted by b-coli View Post

enjoyed most: Burnout Paradise re-release

over rated: for me it was Red Dead, i see it more as a giant life sim and not a video game. if i wanted to watch what i eat , wear, or how i look, i would turn off the console and actually do things in real life

(that's all i got)
                        Although I haven't gotten the remastered Burnout, I remember back on PS3 that was one of my favorite games and probably the only game outside of LBP I played online with you haha! It's definitely on my list so I'm glad you enjoyed it all over again!

I have to agree, I didn't like Red Dead as much as I feel like everyone else did, I couldn't finish the story because it just got boring...online is pretty boring as of right now (I know it's still in beta) and I find myself wanting to go back to GTA Online every time I spend over an hour in that game lol! To be fair, I love Arthur Morgan as a character and it was fun to play the game at first, lots of unique ideas for missions... but after a while, it just gets boring.

As far as the poll, I loved Assassins Creed WAY more than I thought I would and can firmly say out of all the games (played them all except the side scroller ones, Liberty, and Rogue), this is by far the best one! I was the most excited for Origins, but this was a huge improvement over Origins. Spiderman was great, I just finished the story yesterday, and I'll get GoW in a few days while this sale is still going on, but as far as a complete game that made me want to come back and play until I finished, Odyssey was my favorite game of 2018.

Honorable mention to Fortnite, even though it has been out since last year, I think they really pushed the envelope as far as constant updates go, and I love that the game feels fresh every season (especially this season) and you can see games like Fallout 76 taking note of that and delivering constant updates to the game (its already feeling like a better game than when it first came out, granted it was a buggy mess when it released, but still excited to see where it goes)

Comment

I guess it’s a few months into 2019 now but I just wanted to say that I have almost no complaints about RDR2 - it’s evident that the online is just as bad as it was in GTAV but that’s just some disappointment on the side of a near perfect dish.

i did also enjoy Monster Hunter World, The Missing, and was it last year Shadow of the Colossus got its remake? I don’t often go for Platinum, especially not anything too challenging, but I loved it enough to get it and all the extra stuff.

Comment

Working...
                          X