No announcement yet.

Your Gaming History?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few of you mentioned listening to game soundtracks, I forgot to mention that.

Comment

Originally posted by Slurm View Post

The Moving box. The one NL hates (which affects me more than it should )
      Ooo...'s a tricky one to use well, that. i can see a couple of plays with it (Void or Black Rune, or D6 or D100), but they bank on enough variables that i can see players passing them up. (Un)Fun fact, playing in Japanese introduces different bugs than playing in English. Most of them have been squashed, since they caused the game to crash. However, one that's stuck around, maybe because no one's noticed (i really should contact Nicalis), is some of the newer Booster Pack items' sprites are invisible. Moving Box is one of those.

Originally posted by katanagirl1 View Post
      A few of you mentioned listening to game soundtracks, I forgot to mention that.
      Don't feel too bad, now, KG. i completely forgot being (semi)active in forums while doing exactly that thing.
      Dreams community creations look-ats at FeverdreamS
      LBP community creations look-ats at LittleBite-sizedPlanet
      Come join us for streams on Twitch too!

Comment

Your 1st System/console?

Sega Mega Drive / Genesis

Your 1st Favorite Game?

Streets of Rage 2

What other systems have you owned?

PC
        NES, GameCube, Wii
        PlayStation 1, PlayStation 2, PSP, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita

Your top 3 favorite games?

That's a rough one

1. League of Legends: This game has been a constant stress factor in my life since 2012. Nothing has ever made me want to be good at something then this atrocity of a game. Good lord, I hate it so much. Favorite game by far.

2. Crash Team Racing (1999): This game will probably always be the party game of my family, right next to Wii Sports. Call it a Mario Kart clone all you want, this game has smooth controls, a great cast of characters, absolutely beautiful and colorful courses. The only karting game that ever contended with it in my heart was LBP Karting and that was still a very far second to this.

3. Tekken 3: Very few games have made me and my dad so angry at each other. ever. Honestly, I'd love to put all the Tekken games here, but this was definitely my favorite.

Favorite gaming genre/ least favorite?

I'm not gonna pick one. Sorry.

Favorites: Sandbox, Fighting Games, MOBAs, whatever you wanna call Stardew Valley

Least Favorites: FPS (a lot of exceptions but also a LOT of failures in this one) and MMOs (not so many exceptions: just Runescape)

Favorite character?

I gotta put my money on Kratos right now. 100%.

So story time: My dad and I have never heard of God of War in our lives. We had a PS2 at the time and played Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec and some Tekken games and that's it. Then we get in the mail for no apparent reason a demo disk for God of War: The Hydra Battle. We were completely in love with the violence. From there, we had played every console-based God of War game that had been released (except for Ascension). Note that I was 7 when we got this demo. I am now 20. My father and I are currently playing through God of War for PS4 whenever we get the time and I get choked up in a lot of the father-son bonding in the game because it really puts a mirror to us as a developed family now.

He's a BA. Christopher Judge's voice shakes my living room when we play.

How often do you play games?

Too much. As much as I can when I'm not working. Too much.

Do you supplement your gaming with related activities?

I love comic tie-ins to games. Injustice: Gods Among Us and Assassin's Creed both have some amazing media that fills in some meat to its bones.

Describe your gaming self with 3 tags?

Competitive, Loopy, Questionable

Comment

Your 1st System/console?
          Absolute first was Amiga. The first I got myself was Sega Mega Drive / Genesis.

Your 1st Favorite Game?
          Sonic the Hedgehog 1

PC
          Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, Gameboy DS (until someone stole it)
          PlayStation 1, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4

Number one is Metal Gear Solid 1/2. I consider these two as a single game. MGS2 plays on the experiences and expectations from MGS1, and it does so flawlessly. MGS3 is a great game too, and a better one than 1/2 on their own, but when they're together even MGS3 can't compare.

After first place, there's a ton that couldn't possibly fit into just two slots.

Deadly Premonition, right Zach?
          FF VII, right Zack?
          Journey.
          Silent Hill 1.
          Mass Effect Trilogy.

I like action/adventure/RPGs, anything I can get involved with that has a great story. Basically anything like my top "3" games.
          I hate games that are cookie cutter, yearly affairs made just to grab money from stupid people who like gross rushed games. If your game is made just to get money, with no artistic passion involved, I don't want it.

Favorite character?
          Solid/Naked Snake.

Not as often as I did when I was a kid, or so that's how it feels.

I listen to video game soundtracks every now and then. I visit PS4 communities and even visit a certain Dreams related site.

Obsessive, casual, consumer

Comment

Your 1st System/console? Atari 2600, Atari 800XL.

Your 1st Favourite Game? Dandy

What other systems have you owned? NES, SuperNES, Sega, Sega Saturn, Playstation/2/3/4.

Your top 3
            favourite games? God of Wars, Assassin's Creeds, Destiny and LBP 1/2, Blur, Yes,that's five, technically like 18 maybe, sue me.

Favourite gaming genre/ least favourite? Current favorite genre is currently board gaming. Sorry technophiles.

Favourite character? Sackboy and Ezio

How often do you play games? As often as I possibly can.

Do you supplement your gaming with related activities? More gaming! If we're talking video games then I supplement with board games....heavily.

Solitary, Eclectic, Open.

Comment

Your 1st System/console?

Funnily enough, I actually don't really remember; I never truly delved too deeply into gaming until at least half a decade ago, so I guess my memories are practically sitting in dust.

Your 1st Favourite Game?

Once again, I don't remember, and my favourites are kind-of limited to consoles, so I guess that would work? Yeah?

Playstation 2: SSX Tricky

A "radical" snowboarding racing game, and, in all honesty, the thing that probably attracted me to this game were the characters, let alone having a colourful cast, but depending on your performance/character, the relations between characters would change, thus altering how aggressive your opponents are.

Xbox: Whacked!

As part of the Xbox live testing, Whacked was a pretty decent party game! With about 7 characters to choose from, each with their own story, the game has pretty fun gameplay that's hard to find elsewhere.

Gameboy Advanced SP, Xbox, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii, Xbox: 360, Playstation 2/3, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi/XL, Nintendo 3DS

Your top 3 favourite games?

Ooh boy, picking 3's gonna be kinda tough.

LittleBigPlanet

Yeah, no wonder, right?

Jet Set Radio

Yet another "Radical" x-treme sports game, with arcade mechanics, and a pretty great soundtrack. I don't know why, but I keep finding myself back at this game.

Fallout: New Vegas

My favourite from the series, and a pretty interesting post-apocalyptic open-world western(-ish) first person RPG, whether with or without mods, I was pretty tied to this game. The wasteland is a pretty big place.

Favourite gaming genre/ least favourite?

Honestly, I'm not really all that tied to genre. I like to keep an open mind when playing games, so my library's pretty broad for genre.

Favourite character?

With most main characters in gaming being blank slates for the character to attach themselves too (and with the fact that characters are EVERYWHERE) choosing is a little difficult.

Ittle (from Ittle Dew)

A bit of a strange choice, but with their adventuring attitude, who wouldn't want to explore an island and solve puzzles with sheer brute force?

Often enough to have the willpower to fill this form out at 5:37 AM on a Tuesday morning.

Yes -- Like sitting. Oh, sometimes I stand, too...

Paintinator, Artistic, Braaiiins...

Comment

Your 1st System/console?
                Atari 2600 back in the early 1980's

Your 1st Favorite Game?
                tough one.... guess i will go with Seaman. one of the most bizarre games i have ever played, i LOVE odd games, like Mr. Mosquito or Stretch Panic or Catherine. the more bizarre the better!

Atari 2600, Vectrex, Sega Gensis (owned for 4 days), nintendo NES, Nintendo 64, Nintendo gameboy, gameboy advance, gameboy advanced SP,
                gameboy color, Nintendo DS, Sega Gamegear, PSP , PSP Go, Playstation Vita, Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Gamecube, Ouya. Playstation VR.

Seaman
                LittleBigPlanet(series)
                SOCOM 2
                (honorable mentions: Portal 2 & M.A.G.)

adventure/RPG

Favorite character?
                Seaman

a couple times a week, slowed way down after my neck surgery, since i lost feeling in my right thumb, now it feels weird to hold a controller :(

no, at least i don't think so.

Pickles
                oddball
                friendly
                Last edited by b-coli; 19 May 2018, 09:38 PM. Reason: forgot a few portable systems

on twitter @b_coli_ LBP related, or @TheMindOfColi everything else!

Comment

My first console would be the Playstation 2. My first favourite game (and I still hold it in very high regard) is Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy. The consoles I have owned are (from first to last): The Gameboy Colour, Playstation 2, the Gameboy Advance SP, then the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, PSP, Nintendo DS lite (if that was a thing? Can't remember now), then another Xbox 360, Playstation 4, Nintendo 3ds, and now a Computer that handles the next-gen games. =) I am also getting a Nintendo Switch next week.

My top three favourite games are (in order); LittleBigPlanet, Minecraft, Jak 3. My favourite gaming genre would be RPG's. My least favourite would be sports games.

My favourite character of all time is, King Ecbert from the Vikings TV series.

I don't play games anymore. The last time I played games was from the LittleBigPlanet series. I love games still, but don't actually play them.

No I don't use gaming as a supplement for my other activities.

Three tags to descirbe who I am in gaming relativity would be, Sporadic, creatively gifted, and Minecraft and LittleBigPlanet freak (now a Dreams freak)

Comment

Your 1st System/console?
                    Snes

Your 1st Favourite Game?
                    Super Mario Bros 2. US Version

NES,SNES,N64,GameCube,Wii,WiiU,Switch,
                    PS2,PS3,PS4,XBOX360.

Your top 3
                    favourite games?
                    Pokémon,Mario,LBP.

RPG/Sports.

Favourite character?
                    Sackboy

Every day.

naw

Comment

Don’t know whether I should post in here almost a year later...I suppose I don’t know until I do. Don’t want to make a new thread for something that’s just on the second page.

Your 1st System/console?
                      Super Nintendo

Your 1st Favourite Game?
                      Perhaps Super Mario World, though we had a bunch of other SNES games we enjoyed about as much between Donkey Kong Country, Uniracers, Beavis and Butthead, Street Fighter 2, etc. I think the first that really impressed me was Donkey Kong 64 since it was our first 3D game.

N64, Gamecube, Wii, WiiU, Switch, Dreamcast, PlayStation, PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, DSi, DS Lite, 2DS, 3DS. Unfortunately a lot of them have either been lost or no longer work, and some like Xbox One I just wasn’t really getting much out of so I sold. Want to get a Vectrex just for the novelty but it seems it’s in the antique range now.

Your top 3
                      favourite games?
                      1.Zelda: The Wind Waker - At first I didn’t like it, not because of the art style but rather because of how different and, embarrassed to admit, how difficult it felt at the time, compared to the three other games in the series I had(Ocarina and the Oracles). It was only after some time I appreciated it and it has been my favorite since.

2.The Last Guardian - I can understand a lot of complaints about this, especially with expectations set after Shadow of the Colossus, and replaying it will never be as fun, but my first time with it was pretty amazing. People will say they cried at so many things, and I don’t mean to negate those, but the ending to this was the only time I’ve ever been that emotional over any piece of media. Trico just feels so much more real than the majority of animals in games, and they managed to build quite a bond without needing any lengthy cutscenes or a story full of details.

3.Killer7 - No More Heroes was my first Grasshopper game, and sometimes I still can’t decide whether I like it better, but overall I think I was really impressed and tried this out. Sure it looked weird, but nothing really prepared me for the insane plot or abstract story. Was glad to find out Silver Case had many similar elements to it stylistically, and loved the updated intro in Travis Strikes Again with its new connections to it. There’s almost nothing I dislike about it, perhaps other than some of the later bosses being fixed in your favor.

Very hard to decide since the same genres can be done so differently by different devs. For example, I love the Souls games being action RPGs, and yet find Final Fantasy XV extremely boring.
                      Even so, I think action or action adventure would be my more or less favorite, whereas I’m not into fighting games much anymore. They aren’t necessarily bad, just not interesting to me outside of Smash Bros.

Favourite character?
                      Travis Touchdown is probably at the top for me, but there’s a ton of honorable mentions:
                      Nier
                      Kaine
                      A2
                      Rosalina
                      Snake
                      Otacon
                      Trico
                      Amaterasu
                      Sculptor/Orangutan
                      Shinobu
                      Tokio Morishima
                      Tetsugoro Kusabi
                      Kiryu Kazuma
                      Taiga Saejima

I could probably go on so I’ll just stop there :P

Not as much as I used to with near 40 hours now at work, but still probably too much.

Most of my art is fan art, so yeah. Also listening to game soundtracks is likely something I do more often than normal music. Chrono Trigger, Drakengard, Kirby, God Hand, Undertale, Mother 3 etc.
                      Last edited by CrimsonTiger; 27 April 2019, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Your 1st System/console?
                        My first system was the NES, and I believe I was three when my family got it. I know we got the original Mega Man when it was new, and we'd had the NES for a little while at that point.

Your 1st Favourite Game?
                        It was Super Mario Bros., full stop. My brothers and I used to play it non-stop. God, we even got my Dad to play it, and he's not at all a video game guy. In the summer time, he used to go "Boys, go pull weeds" and we'd see him playing Mario while we worked. It was pretty funny.

Let's see... in order, I've owned NES, Genesis, SNES, PlayStation, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, PS2, Game Cube, Saturn (second hand), XBOX 360, PS3, and PS4. Oh, I have an XBOX One as well, but it was the biggest waste of money ever, and I often forget it's here. Handhelds; Gameboy Color, Game Gear, Gameboy Advance, PSP, and 3DS.

Your top 3 favourite games?
                        Resident Evil (REmake), The Last of Us,
                        Uncharted 4.

I greatly prefer action/narrative-based games over all others. My least favorite is pretty much anything 1st person, unfortunately (I'm incredibly prone to fairly violent vertigo, and 1st person games are quick triggers).

Favourite character?
                        Oh, man... this is a tough one! I'm tempted to say Elena Fisher from Uncharted. She's awesome!

I used to play games every day, but since I've been using Dreams, I've been using the bulk of my play time creating stuff.

I used to do this more than I do now. I was super active in the Resident Evil fan community for years, but now I just don't have as much time for that kind of thing as I'd like.

Explorative, obsessive, thorough.

[EDIT] Sorry, I didn't realize this thread was inactive for a year!

Comment

Working...
                        X