Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General Gaming Discussion thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • General Gaming Discussion thread

    A thread for general gaming discussion, recommendations and other little bits and pieces of gaming related news...anything you think may be of interest to your fellow gamers here on dreamsverse!



  • #2
    Bad times for PSN issues this week...the network is currently down and SONY's official site is confirming that the account management, gaming and social services are all experiencing issues acros PS4 and PS3.
    Really bad timing considering Monster Hunter and Dragon Ball Fighter Z releases.

    Comment


    • #3
      Recommendation: White night

      I picked this up on the PS4 store the other day for the bargain price of just £3.29...less than the price of MacDonalds!..well worth skipping lunch for and I could do with losing a couple of pound anyway

      I like the styling and pretty enjoyable so far...would like to make something like this on dreams at some point..

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by EnochRoot View Post
        Bad times for PSN issues this week...the network is currently down and SONY's official site is confirming that the account management, gaming and social services are all experiencing issues acros PS4 and PS3.
        Really bad timing considering Monster Hunter and Dragon Ball Fighter Z releases.
        I noticed yesterday that my friends weren’t showing up online, but I was able to play and send messages and check the communities. I was also online this afternoon with no issues. I’m playing ESO so I have to have log into their servers to be able to play, so if anything was wrong that would certainly prevent me from playing at all. Maybe it’s just in some regions.
        Last edited by katanagirl1; 27th January 2018, 05:20 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by EnochRoot View Post
          Recommendation: White night

          I picked this up on the PS4 store the other day for the bargain price of just £3.29...less than the price of MacDonalds!..well worth skipping lunch for and I could do with losing a couple of pound anyway

          I like the styling and pretty enjoyable so far...would like to make something like this on dreams at some point..

          Well I'll be danged. Some on LBP made this but I didn't know they remade it from a game. Looks interesting.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Xerorogue View Post

            Well I'll be danged. Some on LBP made this but I didn't know they remade it from a game. Looks interesting.
            Best £3.29 I spent on a game lol...
            seriously it's a very good game...Noir art style, Raymond Chandler detective over tones,survival horror element without guns and gore, clever interplay of light and dark, puzzles, very atmospheric

            Comment


            • #7
              Release date for Red Dead Redemption 2 confirmed....going to book a long weekend off work for this one, ordering a cowboy hat and spurs off amazon too

              https://www.gamespot.com/articles/re.../1100-6456498/

              Comment


              • #8
                February's Free PlayStation plus games line up: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...ames-revealed/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Dang, I picked up Rime a few months back because it was marked down and haven’t played it yet

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I ALMOST picked up Rime as well, but opted for something else. Glad I didn't get it now. I pretty pleased with this month's lineup.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Shadow of the Colossus PS4 out this coming Tuesday here, getting hyped even though I’ve played the original PS2 and PS3 versions. The graphics look absolutely stunning! I’m going to be making lots of screen snapshots for console backgrounds.

                      I’m seeing a lot more advertisements about this version of the game, so I hope more people get to hear about it, buy it, and experience the wonder that is a piece of art on so many levels and a great video game as well. I just hope my reflexes are still good enough to defeat the colossi on the hard timed events and get the platinum, I’m getting pretty old now.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by katanagirl1 View Post
                        Shadow of the Colossus PS4 out this coming Tuesday here, getting hyped even though I’ve played the original PS2 and PS3 versions. The graphics look absolutely stunning! I’m going to be making lots of screen snapshots for console backgrounds.

                        I’m seeing a lot more advertisements about this version of the game, so I hope more people get to hear about it, buy it, and experience the wonder that is a piece of art on so many levels and a great video game as well. I just hope my reflexes are still good enough to defeat the colossi on the hard timed events and get the platinum, I’m getting pretty old now.
                        I'm tempted too, the ads have indeed been everywhere. I wish they made a PSVR version as that would have been so epic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by EnochRoot View Post

                          I'm tempted too, the ads have indeed been everywhere. I wish they made a PSVR version as that would have been so epic
                          I can’t see fighting the colossi in first-person mode considering how you have to do it. You wouldn’t be able to see what you need to do.

                          I will say the game does look STUNNING. Even the grass looks real and has lots of little wildflowers, the rocks look great, not like the styrofoam fake rocks from the original Star Trek series that most games have. You have to look hard to see any pop-in, the game was always good about loading as you go.

                          I’ll have some videos up on my YouTube channel soon, but not right away. I have to get used to the controls again since this game is very different, my gameplay is really sloppy right now and I have to get the timing back as well. I’ll put up some time attack videos later when I get to them, by then I should be better.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            there is a free short Last Guardian VR demo...and it's absolutely amazing, one of my favourite experiences in VR so far. You really feel the scale and the interaction with Trico feels so much more engaging. I can see this being very successful if applied to SOTC but it would be very complex to develop hence the Last Guardian VR is only a short demo, but maybe they are working on a full game or why else would they make a demo? finger crossed

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I see this is coming to PS4 soon....though I do wish developers would stop stealing stuff from my strange dreams, they must have my mind bugged somehow!...where's my tinfoil hat gone?!...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X