My father obssesion with Cholent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My father obssesion with Cholent

As winter time has came upon us with its strange tempeture mixture days my dad always has one thing in mind. He is always into making our grand grand parent old recipe of old days the Cholent (or meat stew to whome preffer calling it that.) Now I don't perticularly want to say that but....he doesn't seem to know how to REALLY make it , let me explain, it does look okay but when it comes to father, he never season it right in anyone opinion and it is mostly getting out of the house, but even though no one eats it he brags on how his Cholent is excelent and all that (I guess like many fathers do, and also says he'd eat a huge pot of it alone.) I also want to say that like I have NO PROBLEM eating it like anything else but I won't rreally enjoy it no matter how many attempts he does it by lolz... so we manage to call it an obssesion (to nostalgia as well, weird tasting non seasoned nostalgia )
    STAY

LOL, this reminds me of something my mom use to cook and she'd never season it enough. So someone would distract her while someone else would go add some seasoning to it. Ya'll could try doing that maybe? Be careful though. One time my brother distracted my mom while I added some seasoning and then my dad didn't know so mom left the kitchen for something and he seasoned it too! Made it worse.

Comment

So basiclly "we had a talk" on the subject of how much my father is obssesed with cholent but ruins the experiance with his usual no seasoning food tradition, and stick to the past nostalgia foods, so guess what, here comes a part two of "our favourite thing"

To be honest this entry might be shorter, since it seems as if my dad understood we don't really like to eat his version of the meat stew, he didn't make a new one for quite a while, or just gave it to our neighbors (which after eating experianced tummy troubles, not big ones for our luck...it just hits too hard i guess) so yeah I guess it became understandable, BUT there is a twist, so since my mother became a "dog worker" we managed to get ourselves 2 friends with their dog, which are quite the old age as well. And it "appered" to my dad they KNOW how to really make cholent, so one (umm was is sat or friday) weekend day we came to them to have a taste of their cholent and I have to say....I ate 3 plates of it and my father was like "wuuuuuuuuuuuuut" (lolz) it was like sweet potato which i guess should be like and I like sweet stuff allot, and it had way more vriety of stuff, like bones! and etc (I preffer knowing less) the only downside was the few hours later that whome'd understands in cholent effect will....understand.
      STAY

Comment

Working...
      X