That thread where we post songs and things [Music Thread]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That thread where we post songs and things [Music Thread]

Just like the title states, this is That thread where we post songs and things.

I mean, we have a Podcast Thread and a Television discussion thread, so when's music going to get its shine, spit and spot through all of this?

Right now, that's when!

So you know the drill:

Post a link to the song in question if you can, (remember; you can embed videos via the 'insert video' button in the 'Advanced Editor' tab.) and make sure to have fun.

Not the only song i use to get up and moving on the way to work, but it's a good 'un.

Also, everybody should know Radio Iodine, but i have the feeling almost no one does.

LBP Community Level look-ats (and other stuffs)! R15F Season 1!, R15F Season 2!, and LittleBite-sizedPlanet!
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese language all at once? Now You can!

Comment

I pretty much stopped listening to music on the radio when Alternative music became popular. An ironic name because suddenly that was the only music you heard. I miss rock and roll. There are some prog rock bands still around, but they tend to go more metal as time goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by waffleking23 View Post

Also, everybody should know Radio Iodine, but i have the feeling almost no one does.

Wow, that reminds me of a slightly less edgier version of This song and That song from the Call Of Duty: Black Original Poster Series walking corpse soundtrack.

But enough about that, I'm stealing the spotlight for awhile to showcase a few things:

Jack Stauber's HiLo album was a pretty good mixed bag of assorted songs and various forms of notes and instruments and sounds played in a certain arrangement that is pleasing (and sometimes not-so pleasing) to my ears.

Just take a listen to a few:

I don't believe in destiny, Anthony.

Also, if you're wandering why it's called "Pizza Boy" it's a reference to Pizza Boy Steve -- A chubby kid youtuber. Interestingly enough, his works are sort-of referenced throughout the song.

I just love this one. Also, the video recommendations on the side are all Pad Thai recipe videos, which makes me hungry. For porridge.

Oh, what the hell can I do!?

BOM BOM BOM BOM

That's enough of HiLo, but don't worry; this is charade is far from over.

You know when people jokingly say "This song's about drugs"?

Well, welcome to Dan Deacon's 'Gliss Riffer' album. I'm pretty certain that entire album's about drugs.

First up on the contender's list (that I obviously didn't write down but should've) we have 'When I was Done Dying':

This song always makes me feel incredibly anxious. Doesn't sound like this guy's having the best of experiences, either...

This one's alarmingly soothing. But I'd be caught on fire if I said it wasn't catchy.

Wow, a lot of these songs were kind-of downers, weren't they? Ah well, to finish it off, let's listen to some good ol' life advice:

Feeling better yet? I am.

Comment

Originally posted by katanagirl1 View Post
          I pretty much stopped listening to music on the radio when Alternative music became popular. An ironic name because suddenly that was the only music you heard. I miss rock and roll. There are some prog rock bands still around, but they tend to go more metal as time goes on.
          What music are you listening to now? or what are some of your fav songs?

My taste in music is all over the map. I'll list a few of my current favs:
          Meant to be - Bebe Rexha (ft. Florida Georgia Line)
          Girls Like You - Maroon 5 (ft. Cardi B)
          Hooked on a Feeling - Blue Swede, an oldie but always a goodie!
          Psycho - Post Malone (ft. Ty Dolla Sign)
          Swooner - The Zolas

There's a ton more but that's just to give you an idea. I'll leave you with this one, I just love it and can't stop listening to it lol

Comment

What music am I listening to now? A compilation of songs from the Zen Sonic Tap station that used to be on our satellite programming, and is now gone because it was replaced by something else. Luckily, we downloaded a lot of our favorites from iTunes so we can still enjoy them. It was sort of a world music format, with a lot of eastern Asian and Indian Punjabi type influences.

I personally miss the old album/CD format. Each album was a complete experience, now everything is just single tracks.

My all-time favorite band was Saga - anyone here remember hearing a couple of their hits in the 80s? Of course you guys in Europe might be more familiar with them, they weren’t as popular here in the States. Prog rock is so much more complex and symphonic than popular music, that’s why I like it.

Comment

Welp, it's Christmas eve.
              You know what that means.

He's the most immoral Santa!

As she stood beneath the mistletoe!

Comment

Been on a very big The Smiths, Joy Division and New Order kick as of late. I truly am a southern Englander lol.

I also picked up a lot of vinyls recently for my ever growing collection!
                • Tyler, The Creator - Flower Boy
                • Nas - Illmatic
                • Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
                • King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King
                • Car Seat Headrest - Twin Fantasy
                • Car Seat Headrest - Teens of Denial
                • Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

Comment

Comment

​I discovered this Canadian rock band since I do not spend a week without listening.

​​​​

Comment

Been listening to a lot of video game music lately...but then again when am I not? :P After the first two No More Heroes soundtracks, Travis Strikes Again’s OST didn’t immediately impress me, but it’s really grown on me. This is probably my overall favorite boss theme in the series now:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T3yFMygkc_E

Really only listen to some modern songs here and there, but was raised mostly on classic rock like the Beatles, Queen, Pink Floyd, etc. Some ICP/Twizted too with my brother and his friends during our teens. Red Hot Chili Peppers might be the only group I like consistently now. However, not really sure how exactly it happened, but I was introduced to some K-pop somewhere. From what I hear, they’re pretty basic, but I’ve enjoyed most of their songs. Kind of gave me an idea for another game, if only I actually had an ear for music and had any clue how to program anything to do with rhythm.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EXZxc8GSXnI

Comment

Okaaaaay, here you go
                        Last edited by Keira; 8th August 2019, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X