Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't stick your tongue into an electrical outlet.

Comment

Originally posted by katanagirl1 View Post
      Surely cellphone addiction is worse. Those people make the doctor’s waiting rooms a nightmare. I can’t sit and quietly read a book anymore without someone either talking on the phone, making me hear one side of the conversation, or on speaker phone so I hear both sides, or listening to podcasts or watching videos without earbuds. There are clearly posted signs saying “turn off your cellphones” but no one listens and no one enforces it.
      At least I’m not walking down the sidewalk with my TV and PS4, causing people to have to move out of my way to avoid me running into them.
      Is the addiction the phone, the internet or social media? ...or maybe a combination of all three? Personally I think this is far more of an addiction problem than gaming. Workers sneaking time on their phone lowering productivity, pupils distracted instead of absorbing lessons, families drawn to their individual screens instead of interacting,bystanders choosing to film incidents instead of stepping in to offer assistance,,,,
      As you stated KG people are putting their lives at risk by staring at the screen while they are walking down the street or sitting on Gym equipment I want to use, totally unaware of the danger they're in.

Originally posted by Sir monacle View Post
      Don't stick your tongue into an electrical outlet.
      Absolutely right....what you need to do is start by licking batteries, small AAA at first then work up to the bigger sizes.
      When you're at a point where you can lick your car battery then you're ready for doing the tongue in the socket with two light bulbs stuck in your ears trick at parties
      Last edited by EnochRoot; 10 February 2018, 10:21 AM.

Comment

I'm addicted to my phone. Well, maybe not entirely. When I'm at work I'm not on it but to check the time or for actual work stuff. Actually, I guess the only time I'm on it is when I'm waiting on like the kids' practice to be over or when I'm on the Pot. Nevermind, maybe I'm not that addicted to it.

Comment

Sack head emojis.......

Comment

Originally posted by Whofan75 View Post
            Sack head emojis.......
            You mean like these?...

Click image for larger version

Name:	sack.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	2616

Comment

Originally posted by EnochRoot View Post

You mean like these?...

Oooh, de're beeeyooty-ful.
              Dreams community creations look-ats at FeverdreamS
              LBP community creations look-ats at LittleBite-sizedPlanet
              Come join us for streams on Twitch too!

Comment

I think it's very interesting to make a addiction test from time to time and to ask yourself 'Am I addicted to it?' When you notice, that you feel nervous without your phone or people notice, that your ability to speak has suffered, it's time to seek help.

I personally am not addicted to gaming or my phone. I can visit my family without my phone and as long as I do something like playing with the doggos (I have watched to many meme videos), talking to my family and stuff like I am not bored.

Comment

I'm not addicted to my phone.

Sure, I may always walk around with it, checking it every 5 minutes, and sure, I may stroke it gently and rub it against my chest from time-to-time, and so I might make it a spare meal for it to eat alongside me, and sure I only talk to people if they're calling me, oh, and so I gently kiss it and prayer to the company who made it before sleeping and upon waking up. Let's not forget I spend every penny that comes my way on different phone accessories, and so I might occasionally buy spare copies of the same model so I can use them as dolls and dress them up in cute little outfits.

But it's not like any of those things make me an addict!

Comment

What? And you don't say 'Goodnight' to the FBI man when you go to sleep?

Comment

Originally posted by EnochRoot View Post

You mean like these?...

Man! I knew sackboy was gettin' old but dang if he isn't lookin' downright dessicated!

I was attempting to derail the conversation by wondering if we can get sackboy emojis.

Comment

Whofan, you're making me want to break out my old Tom Baker avatar. Tom was my favorite Doctor followed by Peter Davidson, then John Pertwee, then David Tennant. When the heck is the new season going to start? Tired of all this waiting.

Comment

Addiction to any form of escape from reality is possible. As long as it excites certain areas of your brain when you do it, you can be addicted. Trust me, gaming addiction exists. It's just not as debilitating as, say, an addiction to heroin or even alcohol. It's also one that can be diverted into other interests or squelched when one develops more mature coping methods. It's escapist fiction but activates the reward areas of the brain more than a novel does because it's interactive. It blasts itself directly in to your brain through your visual cortex and getting lost in it is a hell of a lot easier. It can effect moods, schedule, and willingness to do normal day to day things. So yeah, I think acknowledging the risk is smart. As long as it's made clear that not all who partake of the hobby are addicted.

Comment

Originally posted by Xerorogue View Post
                            Whofan, you're making me want to break out my old Tom Baker avatar. Tom was my favorite Doctor followed by Peter Davidson, then John Pertwee, then David Tennant. When the heck is the new season going to start? Tired of all this waiting.
                            for me it was Tom Baker, John Pertwee, Peter Cushing, Christopher Ecclestone...but I'm happy to watch any of the Doctors they are all enjoyable

Comment

Originally posted by Xerorogue View Post
                              Tom Baker, K-9 and Leela. that's all i need!
                              gotta admit though i have enjoyed all the new seasons though, even when that hobbit was a doctor.
                              where are my jellybabies?

on twitter @b_coli_ LBP related, or @TheMindOfColi everything else!

Comment

I ate your jelly babies! Glad to see I'm having an influence on the younger minds! Har,har. For me it always been the Doctor. I lean towards Tom, Colin, Jon Pertwee, and Chris Eccleston but I love watching all of them. Looking forward to the re-release of Enemy of the World too. Best Troughton episode by far!

Comment

Working...
                                X