Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else think Art has a touch of Tom Waits about him?...

Click image for larger version

Name:	imageedit_27_3583956651.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	2147Click image for larger version

Name:	220px-Tom_Waits_3.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	2148

Comment

Now that you show it, yes. Looks similiar.

Comment

Anyone used to play Theme park world?...Click image for larger version

Name:	imageedit_2_8378075979.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	2316

Comment

I think I played a Jurrasic Park theme park game on PS2 like 10 years ago.

Comment

I was happy to see the Eagles take the SuperBowl, only watched until 1:30am had to crash but managed to catch it this morning...unlike Tom Brady and that pass

Comment

Originally posted by EnochRoot View Post
              I was happy to see the Eagles take the SuperBowl, only watched until 1:30am had to crash but managed to catch it this morning...unlike Tom Brady and that pass
              haha i loved that! and eagles do a similar play and the QB catches the pass to get the touchdown!
              i am starting to think that giant bald eagle i saw on saturday was a sign that thing was massive!

on twitter @b_coli_ LBP related, or @TheMindOfColi everything else!

Comment

"The thing screamed like a pipe organ made from burning men." It may not be the most beautiful line in literature, but damn if it isn't evocative.
                Dreams community creations look-ats at FeverdreamS
                LBP community creations look-ats at LittleBite-sizedPlanet
                Come join us for streams on Twitch too!

Comment

The World Health Organisation announced it is planning to list gaming addiction as a recognised mental health condition this month....I guess when dreams releases we'll have our own little asylum here

Comment

Thats not a wrong thing. While I love playing video games you shouldn't stop caring about your own saftey. Drink something, eat something, go to the toilet, dont play more than 16 hours. When I first had Fallout 4 I played it for about 14 hours and the next day I played it for about 12 hours. It was really fun, but after so many hours without a break the headache really gets you and you get really tired.

So I think it isnt wrong to put gaming addiction on the list.

Comment

I guess some people take things too far. My hubby says I’m addicted to video games, but I do keep up with chores and go to the gym. I do have social obligations from time to time. I’m just fortunate now to have a lot of spare time and I tend to devote it almost exclusively to gaming because that is what I enjoy. Is that wrong? I hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by katanagirl1 View Post
                        I guess some people take things too far. My hubby says I’m addicted to video games, but I do keep up with chores and go to the gym. I do have social obligations from time to time. I’m just fortunate now to have a lot of spare time and I tend to devote it almost exclusively to gaming because that is what I enjoy. Is that wrong? I hope not.
                        Right? i keep up with the lot of stuff that makes up the nit and grit of life, but i do spend a fair chunk of the left over on gaming in some form. i'd like to see what parameters they're going to be using. Also, i find it interesting that this is WHO talking here (though i assume they have a Psychiatric contingent), i wonder if this is going to end up in the next edition of the DSM, or if it just gets folded into some other disorder manifesting in addictive behaviour (like a specified-subset of OCD).

[edit to add]And this, somehow, winds up being my 50th post.[/eta]
                        Dreams community creations look-ats at FeverdreamS
                        LBP community creations look-ats at LittleBite-sizedPlanet
                        Come join us for streams on Twitch too!

Comment

Addiction does also mean, that you feel nervous without the 'drug' and that you would do everything, just to use the 'drug' again. And I don't think this is what happens.

It's a nice hobby and spending much time at a hobby isn't dangerous as long as it doesn't harm you physically, mentally or stop you from doing things that you need to do. So I don't think you're addicted.

I just hope that they investigate things a little more and ask actual gamers who play reguarly.

ps: and don't worry about social obligations. I am not addicted to games and I don't have any friends in real life because I'm a special and weird person. :D
                          Last edited by mdkd99; 8 February 2018, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Well, some would just pick a number of hours and say if you play more than that, it’s not healthy. I often play more than 7 hours a day. I do take breaks, though.

I admit playing online multiplayer is an added incentive to play for longer periods than you should. While doing PvE I can pause if I need to, but the few days I did PvP there was no place you could just park your character in a safe place and leave to do anything. I can’t play like that.

Comment

If Video game addiction is now officially recognised then it must be surely one of the least harmful on the list.
                              To be addictive there must be a physical and psychological element to that addiction. On the physical side, I have suffered RSI near the elbow from overdoing it, most recently from Pokemon Go holding the phone in an unnatural position for hours but as soon as I gave that up it went. There must be brain chemicals released similar to those released by other enjoyable mental activities?
                              There was a recent study from the University of Nottingham and Oulu University, Finland which contributed to the WHO findings wherein the data of 130,000 gamers aged between 12-88 was examined and the findings of 50 studies conducted over the past 11 years. the physical effects included cardiovascular stress, wrist pain, sleep disorders, nervous system malfunction.The mental effects ranged from depression, anxiety, lack of concentration and self-control, impulse control.
                              Personally, l believe a lot of these mental issues could be underlying rather than caused by video game addiction, very open to interpretation of data. A bit like how many juvenile defendants have tried to get off charges saying it was video games that warped their thinking, followed by the usual media outcry bullshit against games despite gaming being a very mainstream pastime nowadays.
                              Video games can, in fact, be a very positive harmless social recreation, enhancing the quality of many peoples lives all over the world
                              Last edited by EnochRoot; 9 February 2018, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Surely cellphone addiction is worse. Those people make the doctor’s waiting rooms a nightmare. I can’t sit and quietly read a book anymore without someone either talking on the phone, making me hear one side of the conversation, or on speaker phone so I hear both sides, or listening to podcasts or watching videos without earbuds. There are clearly posted signs saying “turn off your cellphones” but no one listens and no one enforces it.

At least I’m not walking down the sidewalk with my TV and PS4, causing people to have to move out of my way to avoid me running into them.

Comment

Working...
                                X