Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collectors Corner

Howdy folks!

this is a thread for people who like to collect things.
    if you like to collect things and wanna show off your collection, this would be the place!
    toy collections, car collections, pez collections, tea cup collections, stuffed animal collections, musical instrument collections. anything!

i will start off by saying, i am a mad collector.. been doing it since the 80's, got really bad in the 90's with Nightmare Before Christmas stuff. at one point had a collection of around $22,000.00 worth of stuff including props used in the movie (but had to sell a lot to pay taxes)
    i also, collect tons of other things, 8mm and super 8mm movies and projectors, stereoscopic views and viewers from the early 1900's, original art and limited prints, Star Wars trading cards, Funko POP! figures and mystery mini figures, Stormtrooper Christmas ornaments , and other random stuff i come across and feel the urge to own

what do you collect?

on twitter @b_coli_ LBP related, or @TheMindOfColi everything else!

I only had two things that I collected over the years! Since 1991 I collected video games! Especially for the Nintendo consoles! Really lots of video games! Some of them I never really played but I wanted to own them! There are some games that I missed, like James Bond Goldeneyes for Nintendo64 and there are some games that I'm proud to own such as Resident Evil 2 for Nintendo64.
    My second passion has been LEGO!

Comment

I collect a ton of songs in Spotify and try and keep them organized in several different playlists. I listen to all kinds of different music, so my lists are fairly varied.

Comment

Not a collector like b-colli except for some racing memorabilia and since last year collecting funko pops.

just got the Laura Palmer Twin Peaks pop, looks amazing imo

Comment

I collect money, does that count?

Comment

I used to paint those little lead figures for Dungeons and Dragons gameplay - you know back when it was done on grid paper.

I think I have more than 1000 of them. They’ve been in a box in the closet since our last move. I have yet to get a curio cabinet big enough to hold them.

Comment

@blacksackman:
              hahaha, this counts only if you are the altar boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Dougal View Post
                I collect a ton of songs in Spotify and try and keep them organized in several different playlists. I listen to all kinds of different music, so my lists are fairly varied.
                I'm the same way, except I don't collect on Spotify. I like physical music. 8-tracks, tapes, CDs, records, don't matter, I like to get them. But, I also get them digitally for my iPod. I have around 1000 albums on my iPod Classic. That 180 gb one. Oh I love that thing. I have all that music PLUS 35 full movies on it and STILL have a bunch of space free. And my music is varied as well. About the only type of music I don't have is Polka and Death Metal. I have everything else though. Jazz, Country, Old old country, Heavy Metal, Rock, R&B, Rap, everything.

I collect a few things I suppose. Knives. I have a ton of knives. It's not like I have a display case for them or have really old ones, well, one or two are pretty old. I just like them. From a classic Bowie Knife style blades to regular pocket knives, I like to get new ones all the time. Hunting knives especially. And I like weird knives too where the blade is sort of Klingon type looking or something.

Games. I love games and keep all my games that I've gotten over the years. I still have all my old DOS computer games that I'd gotten, original boxes, manuals and all. One day, just one day, maybe all that will be worth something and you'll see me on Antiques Roadshow trying to see how much my original Space Quest game is worth!

Comment

In Breaking News!....the original villain aka The Collector from LBP1 has finally been caught and unmasked as a Mr. b-coli resident of Seattle...the FBI have him surrounded in his apartment where he has been throwing plastic collectable figures at them while screaming "YOU'LL NEVER GET MY STAR WARS CARDS!"....three Police officers have been taken to Hospital with Funko Pop related injuries
                  ​

Comment

Originally posted by CuriousSack View Post
                    @blacksackman:
                    hahaha, this counts only if you are the altar boy!

More like this...

Comment

Probably visited by the legendary money spider!

Last edited by CuriousSack; 22 February 2018, 10:55 AM.

Comment

I only had two things that I collected over the years! Since 1991 I collected video games! Especially for the Nintendo consoles! Really lots of video games! Some of them I never really played but I wanted to own them! There are some games that I missed, like James Bond Goldeneyes for Nintendo64 and there are some games that I'm proud to own such as Resident Evil 2 for Nintendo64.
                        My second passion has been LEGO!
                        do you have a Vectrex? i SOOOOO wish i still had mine from when i was a kid in the 80's such a cool gaming system.

Originally posted by tin-cup-70 View Post
                        Not a collector like b-colli except for some racing memorabilia and since last year collecting funko pops.

just got the Laura Palmer Twin Peaks pop, looks amazing imo
                        did you take her out of the box? i got one, opened it up and her head rolled out, and since the body is encased in the clear plastic i couldn't keep it in place to be able to stick her head back on the body, it just kept pushing her body deeper into the "plastic". so i had to return her and i never got another one. i almost did when i was at the Funko physical store last weekend. if you spent all day in there you would come away with some chase figures. they are stocking all day and random chase figures show up. plus the exclusives you can only get at that store. i am actually glad i live about an hour away, keeps me from spending too much there

Comment

Hi b-coli, sorry I've never heard of a Vectrex before, I just had to google it! I started my gaming career with the SNES and my first game has been Super Mario World!

Comment

I like the fact that this is posted in the Art & design section, for that is the thing that probably first attracts us to start collecting something.
                            An appreciation of the aesthetics, sound, structure that appeals to the senses or connects on some emotional level.
                            It's has been a big regret that I never collected some of the things I have enjoyed and appreciated over the years starting with Marvel & DC comics, I had several hundred but sold them all far too cheaply when I left University.
                            I wish I had kept hold of all my old Vinyl records and it's great to see a resurgence in interest in collecting and listening to them, but the things I really wished I had kept hold of was all my Gaming consoles and games that have given me so much pleasure and will probably be the sought after antiques of the future.
                            Damn you trade in temptation!
                            ​

Comment

Hi b-coli, sorry I've never heard of a Vectrex before, I just had to google it! I started my gaming career with the SNES and my first game has been Super Mario World!
                              the original "portable" gaming console! had a built in handle! :P

Originally posted by EnochRoot View Post
                              I really wished I had kept hold of was all my Gaming consoles and games that have given me so much pleasure and will probably be the sought after antiques of the future.
                              Damn you trade in temptation!

yeah i too wish i didn't need to pay bills once and sell my ENTIRE collection in pristine condition, of a sega dreamcast, all first party controllers x4 , 6 vmu's, first party fishing controller, steering wheel, 2 different type of gun controllers and about 30 games.... all for $25 :( still makes me sad.... i miss Seaman....

but i forgot to mention, i also collect movies and music, had a movie collection of over 500 dvd's at once point (when i worked for amazon in the media section)

Comment

Working...
                              X