Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mdkd's... uh... kitchen tiles

Hey folks,
    I was told that I can post my selection of kitchen tile - textures in this segment of the forum. Before I start off, here's some backstory:

It started in 2016.
    After creating levels in LBP for 5 years (Now 7 years) I wanted more. I started using Unity3D (A game making engine). I didn't know too much about real game making, but I knew I had to start off with something I was good at. Making photos with my DSLR camera. I started shooting texture-pictures with my camera and I also watched some tutorial on how to make seemless textures. And I managed to make some usable textures. The folks over at Sackinima liked the textures. And after I was told to post them here as well, I started this thread.

Okay, now let's get startedt:

Here we have kitchen tiles (This is a 2D texture)

Here we have stone tiles:

This is the floor texture of my Terrain in Unity:

---
    I will definitely post more pictures in the future. What do you think?

For some reason I'm weirdly drawn to the stone tiles image

Comment

mdkd99, well on your way to becoming a Kitchen Tile Magnate(tm). i'll remember this day, when you stand astride the world, holding ultimate power in your tiled gauntlet.

The tiles are quite nice, by the way.
      LBP Community Level look-ats (and other stuffs)! R15F Season 1!, R15F Season 2!, and LittleBite-sizedPlanet!
      Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese language all at once? Now You can!

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate it! I'll work on more textures soon.

Comment

any new tile ranges in the mdkd99 showroom collection for 2018?....must be a new catalogue coming soon

Comment

Here's a picture of my new kitchen tiles texture. I wanted this texture to be 4K. I think it looks good:

And here's a picture of my two new textures. Bricks and concrete tiles:

Last edited by mdkd99; 8th February 2018, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Nice....stone tile is still my fave but the texture of these kitchen tiles is the best yet, pretty realistic

Comment

Here we have the 4K kitchen tiles texture again and this time with shack walls and reflections:

Comment

I remade the kitchen tile texture to improve it even more. Look:

It has a lot more depth and the details are visible. What do you think?

Comment

the lighting really makes the texture

on twitter @b_coli_ LBP related, or @TheMindOfColi everything else!

Comment

Here's a room:

I personally really like how this texture turned out.

Comment

Are you still creating these with Unity?
                        I recently played the brilliant sci-fi shooter Superhot which was made on unity

Comment

They look really well made! Seems useful in many ways, I love it!

Comment

Yes, I still create these texture maps in Unity3D and now that I have a GTX 1050 TI graphics card I can finally test my scenes with 60+ fps! :D

Comment

I think the kitchen tiles look good, don't need to improve them. But I was working on a forest floor texture. What do you think?

I think it looks good, but the rocks on it are too textured. Needs more work and with my new technique it's easier.

Comment

Working...
                              X