• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190324_203505.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	7678
    Latest 3d Print model as I work my way through the Marvel universe project.
    Will post an overview of my 3d printing experience soon from when I first started right up to date. Lots of learns and mistakes to share.

Comment

3D printing is a lot of fun. I've not had experience with a home printer, but I've designed models and had them printed through third party sites like Shapeways.

Name:	710x528_14152610_7429458_1461963704.png
Views:	27
Size:	343.8 KB
ID:	8259
      I've been working on and off for a couple years on various ideas for amiibo display stands. The only downside so far has been a battle of keeping my ideas intact while retaining a reasonable print cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Riandisa View Post
        3D printing is a lot of fun. I've not had experience with a home printer, but I've designed models and had them printed through third party sites like Shapeways.

Name:	710x528_14152610_7429458_1461963704.png
Views:	27
Size:	343.8 KB
ID:	8259
        I've been working on and off for a couple years on various ideas for amiibo display stands. The only downside so far has been a battle of keeping my ideas intact while retaining a reasonable print cost.
        that's a great print, let me know if you'd like me to try and print one of your stand designs for you...

Here's a quick print project I did this weekend based on Avengers Endgame...

Comment

Originally posted by EnochRoot View Post

that's a great print, let me know if you'd like me to try and print one of your stand designs for you...

Here's a quick print project I did this weekend based on Avengers Endgame...

Thanks for the offer, that would be really neat. With all the new characters and amiibo added for Ultimate, I've got lots of new ideas to consider for stands.

Your Thanos print looks really nice. What type of material(s) are you printing in?

Comment

My latest print is a simple modular Succulent planter concept...I uploaded it to Thingsverse for anyone to use as they wish...nice to see other makers liking, downloading and printing their own already...

A 3d printed simple succulent concept I designed,1000's of layout possibilities, useful to fit awkward spaces, factor in variations like plant choices, decorative gravel, differing print materials then that's millions of aesthetic layout options.
            Print containers with adjusted z-axis ratio at 66% 33% 25% 50% 75% for best aesthetic contrast while keeping X and Y axis fixed at 100%
            No support needed, add extra outer and top layer thickness for best results

Comment

Those are really cute planters, EnochRoot. I dabbled a bit in a desk-friendly pokemon themed planter for air plants or moss, but I don't have any yet to test in it.

Comment

A little update on the planter I designed. It's the first thing I have posted to Thingiverse (the largest 3d printing file site)
                https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3607829
                ....it's already be downloaded over 400 times. weird knowing folks around the world are downloading and printing it for their homes, I guess I've progressed in rank from complete beginner to novice.
                Wait until they see the next one
                Last edited by EnochRoot; 6th June 2019, 05:38 AM.

Comment

Made a quick print of the dreams Ruckus kai character
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X