This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creation Release and Categories Guide

With the fist Early Access CoMmunity Jam being focused on “Elements” I thought we could use a guide to the different types of creation, and various publishing options

Elements are all the little things used to build out a Scene. While editing an Element you can search for and place other elements from the Dreamiverse, but you cannot place a Scene into an Element.

When you release and Element as Public, it will always be Remixable - this is an inherent feature of all Elements, so if you don’t want it remixed, make it Private when publishing. If you want to show, but not share your work, place it in a Scene.

Elements have hexagonal shaped icons of various colors depends on their category. You can chose the category when remixing a creations, or starting fresh:
    • Character = Blue - starts with Blank Puppet
    • Sculpture = Purple - starts in Sculpt Mode
    • Contraption = Blue - starts in Assembly Mode
    • Music = Blue - starts in Sound Mode
    • Vehicle = Purple - starts in Assembly Mode
    • Effect = Green - starts in Paint Mode

Scenes are playable experiences which can be placed into a Dream. When editing a Scene you can search for and place Elements, but not other Scenes.
    When you release a Scene, you have the option to make it Remixable or not. So if you want to make an Element viewable, but not Remixable, place it in a Scene.

If you create a Scene where players can get a score, you must place that Scene into a Dream in order to have player scores recorded and posted.

Scenes have round shaped icons of various colors depends on their category. You can chose the category when remixing a creations, or starting fresh:
    • Game Scene = Blue - starts with a square floor
    • Audio-Visual = Purple - starts with a square floor
    • Showcase = Blue - starts with a square floor

Dreams are made up of one or more Scenes, to make a game, movie, musical album, or any complete experience. You can only place Scenes in a Dream, and you can’t publish an empty Dream. There are no designated categories for a Dream, but you can give it tags. Dreams have rectangular shaped icons, and color will match that of the starting Scene in that Dream.

A few important things about creating a Dream:
    • Player scores are can only be recorded and posted for a Dreams, not for individual Scenes
    • If you want your creation to appear in Dream Surfing then it must be a Dream - Scenes and Elements won’t appear
    • Dreams can be released as Public or Private, but they cannot be made Remixable by other players. You can place Remixable Scenes in your Dream, and players can find those in the Genealogy

Collections can contain Elements, Scenes, Dreams, and even other Collections. The icon looks like a circular dotted line around a group of 3 smaller round icons, which are the first 3 creations added to the collection. The color of the Collection icon will be the same as the first creations added.

A quick note about the colors of creation icons:
    I've mentioned the default colors that different creations types have when you start fresh. If you want another color, simply view the creations cover page, click the Customize button in the upper left corner, and from there you can change the Color Scheme (as well as the Font and Background Photo)
    If you have a Scene that you want to add to another Scene, the game won’t let you do that. But you can simply do a Remix and save your Scene as an Element for use in another Scene.
    Same if you want to add an Element to a Dream, just Remix and make it a Scene!

This video shows the various Creation Categories being used:

Releasing (publishing)

To release a creation Online as Playable or Public, go to the creation’s cover page and click the green icon.
    • Playable = Viewable by everyone, not Remixable
    • Public = Remixable
    For an Element, your only option is Public. If you want to make it Playable, you need to put the Element into a Scene.
    Scenes give the option for either Playable or Public
    For a Dreams, the only option is Playable

To save a creation Online as Private:
    • Go into Edit mode
    • Tap the Options button and choose Save Version (middle option)
    • You have three Save options, the middle one is Private
    Any online creation, Private or Public, can have Collaborators:
    • View the creation’s cover and click the gear shaped icon on the upper right for Creation Settings
    • Click on Collaborators and choose Add Collaborator - you can invite up to 10 people, it’s up to them to accept the invitation
    This video shows more details on how Collaborations work:

When you want to save a copy or alternate version of your creation, don’t use the Save Version option - simply Remix the original as this will give you a new and unique creation.
    If you need to from save a copy from within Edit Mode, tap the Options button and choose Remix - this will leave your most recent save intact and save your current workspace as a new and unique creation.

Listed vs Unlisted

When you Release any creation, you have the option to make it Listed or Unlisted. This applies to both Playable and Public creations of all types, and you can change that in the Creation Settings at any time.
    • Listed means that your creation can be found through in game searches, and other players will see it when they view your profile.
    • Unlisted creations do not appear in any search, and cannot be seen on you profile by other players. If you make a creations Unlisted, you can still Share it with other players. Unlisted creations can also be seen when placed into a Collection or Dream, or when they appear in the Genealogy for another creation.
      • If you want to share a Scene that can be Remixed, but you only want people to see it in context: make it Public, Unlisted, and then place that Scene into a Dream or Collection. This way players can only see your Public Scene by first viewing the Dream or Collection.

For more info on Genealogy, here’s a video from beta - same info still applies:

Last edited by Pookachoo; 1st August 2019, 06:45 PM.

Just added this, feel free to make suggestions for anything else that should be covered in this guide

Listed vs Unlisted

When you Release any creation, you have the option to make it Listed or Unlisted. This applies to both Playable and Public creations of all types, and you can change that in the Creation Settings at any time.
    • Listed means that your creation can be found through in game searches, and other players will see it when they view your profile.
    • Unlisted creations do not appear in any search, and cannot be seen on you profile by other players. If you make a creations Unlisted, you can still Share it with other players. Unlisted creations can also be seen when placed into a Collection or Dream, or when they appear in the Genealogy for another creation.
      • If you want to share a Scene that can be Remixed, but you only want people to see it in context: make it Public, Unlisted, and then place that Scene into a Dream or Collection. This way players can only see your Public Scene by first viewing the Dream or Collection.

Comment

As of today’s update, creation categories can be changed at any time! This means you can relabel a Sculpture as a Contraption and so forth. If you need to change an Element into a Scene, that still requires a remix.
      Also, “Story” Scenes are now called Audio-Visual

Comment

This reminds me of my mistake in the Beta. Where I entered an Element and started sculpting and the next thing you know, I had a whole level made. Realized I couldn't change it now! Couldn't change it to a game Scene! I had to select everything, group it and save then start a Scene and bring in my "object" to stamp down. Real pain in the butt. I wish you could start a project and then after working awhile or when you finish, THEN you decide if it's a scene, element, music whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Xerorogue View Post
          This reminds me of my mistake in the Beta. Where I entered an Element and started sculpting and the next thing you know, I had a whole level made. Realized I couldn't change it now! Couldn't change it to a game Scene! I had to select everything, group it and save then start a Scene and bring in my "object" to stamp down. Real pain in the butt. I wish you could start a project and then after working awhile or when you finish, THEN you decide if it's a scene, element, music whatever.
          Yeah, I mention that on twitter and apparently it’s pretty complicated to do.
          Couple times I’ve remixed a Scene into an Element after realizing I couldn’t put a Scene into a Scene

Comment

Originally posted by Pookachoo View Post

Yeah, I mention that on twitter and apparently it’s pretty complicated to do.
            Couple times I’ve remixed a Scene into an Element after realizing I couldn’t put a Scene into a Scene
            Quick question. I've been publishing my collections of my favorites and where do they show up? I can see them on indreams.me but in game, where do they show? Can you not see your own creations in the feed?

Comment

Originally posted by Xerorogue View Post

Quick question. I've been publishing my collections of my favorites and where do they show up? I can see them on indreams.me but in game, where do they show? Can you not see your own creations in the feed?
              They should appear in Dream Shaping, but collections don’t appear in Dream Surfing - with the one exception of the official Mm picks collection.

Comment

Working...
              X