Rogue-Bot on the Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogue-Bot on the Run

I finished up a 2D platformer a while back called Rogue-Bot on the Run. I really wanted to build a level and make it look like it came straight out of LittleBigPlanet. In the level, you will be able to wall boost, wall jump and wall slide, etc. I built everything from the ground up except for the character, though I did add the wall jump and boost logic. Any feedback would be appreciated. There is potential for followup levels in the future I suppose.

​​​​​​https://indreams.me/dream/mJDEqeuikkq

Ooh. This sounds neat. I’m going to check it out and I can let you know.

Comment

Alright, I gave it a run through and here are my thoughts. Visually and audibly the game is great. Sound, music and the overall look is excellent.

However, I did find the wall slide and wall jump mechanic to be extremely inconsistent, as I would jump to a wall and most times slide/fall down. And at points where you need to wall slide, then wall jump to another wall extremely difficult. Half the time I wouldn’t slide in the first place, and the other half of the time when I go to wall jump, it didn’t jump and I would die.

A specific triouble spot was right after you unlock the gate about mid-way. After passing through the gate, one has to wall jump, and slide, then jump to the next wall and slide.

I found that if I slid down the first wall too little, most of the time I could jump, but hit the platform above and drop to my death. If I slid far enough down for a jump to avoid the platform above, the character simply didn’t jump and I fell to my death.

I did eventually persevere after easily 50+ attempts (I am, if nothing else, stubborn ;P) I managed to make it. But if I was to criticize anything, it’s this mechanic. I think it still needs some fine-tuning.

The rest of the platforming was great. Interesting platform puzzles and thematically designed into the level. Overall, an excellent design. Tighten up the wall slide/jump mechanic and I’d put this level up against any AAA Platformer level in the industry.
      Last edited by Strongblade; 26 September 2020, 01:58 PM. Reason: Grammar correction...

Comment

Working...
      X