VORiUM-'s Dreams Gadgets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VORiUM-'s Dreams Gadgets

Hello! I'd like to let you know that I've thrown a few lovingly made gadgets into two useful collections:

VORiUM's Math Logic:
    • Trigonometric functions (sin(x), cos(x), cos-1(x), atan2(y,x) or "Anglify", etc.)
    • Random Number Generators (real-number) (uniform distribution, exponential distribution, normal distribution, linear distribution)
    • Complex Number calculator (cAdd, cSubtract, cMultiply, cDivide, cPower Of, cLogarithm, etc.)
    • Miscellaneous: (Logarithm (any base), Various constants (open to suggestions), Factorial (continuous), etc.)
    VORiUM's Dream-Shaping Tools:
    • Time Sensor (Main Pause / Pause / Play)
    • Tape Measure
    • Protractor
    • Signal Display(s) (Numerical) (Regular / Scientific)
    • Oscilloscope (2-Channel for signal comparison)
    Thanks for the gloss-over! Have a great day!

sounds interesting, I'll look for them on dreams and see what they do, probably a bit technical for my limited understanding.
    What would be the best use for someone who is useless at tech/logic in dreams like me?
    ‚Äč

Comment

Originally posted by EnochRoot View Post
      What would be the best use for someone who is useless at tech/logic in dreams like me?
      • The "atan2(y,x)" chip in the Trigonometric section can tell you the angle of an analog stick (up/down --> y, left/right --> x).
      • The "Exponential RNG" can be used to generate loot drops (rare vs common) if you amplify its output, then round (I'll give a tutorial on Probability application if need be).
      • The "Tape Measure" and "Protractor" are cool ways of driving systems based on live readings of length and/or angle.
      • The "Oscilloscope" is for more complicated logic, where bugs/errors could be deeply rooted. If a certain piece of logic is misbehaving, you can identify it by sequentially connecting certain logic stages into the oscilloscope until you find the buggy source (a diagnostic tool).

Comment

Those tools sound very interesting.
        Loot drops sound interesting. I'm going to take a look at that and see how you did this system in comparison to mine.

Comment

Originally posted by mdkd99 View Post
          Those tools sound very interesting.
          Loot drops sound interesting. I'm going to take a look at that and see how you did this system in comparison to mine.
          Oh neat! I'll do the same for yours.
          I can tell you immediately, though, that with mine... I just found the math online, read it, plugged it in, and boom.
          So don't judge me too much on a lack of cleverness/style.

Comment

I personally made a really simple loot drop system for my zombie shooter in LBP3. Literally 2 possible drops with a 10% chance. Was really easy to do.

I didn't make a loot drop system yet for Dreams, a zombie shooter in Dreams is WIP though.

Comment

Working...
            X