Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mdkd's character sounds

Hey folks,
    I am making a new collection, my first real collection (With sounds being playable on a collection page rather than a microchip). This one is called:

It has footstep sounds at the moment and it will have a few more sounds in the future. Depends on what I record outside. I have lots of stuff anyway.

Here is the link for anyone interested: https://indreams.me/collection/cCcaqsutYCb

I'll keep an eye out for this content. It's a bit thin at the moment though...

Comment

Thanks for tuning in. I'm glad I could attract some folks to it. I agree, it lacks some content right now, the next days I am going to record more sounds though and edit them together to more footstep sounds.

Maybe I could also record some other sounds for cars and animals maybe? What do you say?

Comment

will check out the collection...I need to start using other sources rather than the Mm collection
        ‚Äč

Comment

Originally posted by mdkd99 View Post
          Thanks for tuning in. I'm glad I could attract some folks to it. I agree, it lacks some content right now, the next days I am going to record more sounds though and edit them together to more footstep sounds.

Maybe I could also record some other sounds for cars and animals maybe? What do you say?
          Couldn't hurt. Though I must admit, I myself am unaware of the SFX supply/shortage in the Dreamiverse. So imho, the best bet would be to fill those gaps left by other community contributors.

Comment

The idea of my collection is first of all to supply myself lol. But I also want to give people a alternative. Where people say 'This sounds unfamiliar, but sounds like it would come from MM directly'. My stuff doesn't have that quality yet of course, but if I continue my work here I can improve it a lot.
            ---
            I'll probably try to record the other sound types. Right now there is Default and Stone. Things like snow type, sand type, dirt type and water type can be made easily.

I also ordered a better sound recorder for outside. My phone is certainly okay, but it could be better and less noisy.

Comment

I published a new update for this collection. The default footstep sounds were swapped out with new sounds I recorded and edited. They have a higher quality.

Behind the scenes note: I recorded these sounds close to a busy highway, but using a noise gate plugin in audacity really helped to eliminate noise and separate it from the actual sounds I recorded.

I also added soundeffects for a grass surface. They sound a bit more crunchy than MM's sounds, but I can assure you these were recorded on actual grass, leaf piles and shrubs. They still sound fairly neat though.

Have a listen:
              https://indreams.me/collection/cCcaqsutYCb

Also, thank you for sharing my collection, Pookachoo

Comment

Working...
              X