Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another great one man!

Comment

Thanks for uploading and reviewing my level! Much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by shookie99 View Post
        Thanks for uploading and reviewing my level! Much appreciated!
        Thank you for making it, Shookie! i had a good time with it, and look forward to more of your creations in the future. Have a great day, now!
        LBP Community Level look-ats (and other stuffs)! R15F Season 1!, R15F Season 2!, and LittleBite-sizedPlanet!
        Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese language all at once? Now You can!

Comment

Ossu! Got another sweet dream coming up at you!

This go about we're having a look at Cubric by The_burgervan. The too-long/didn't-watch is...holeeee cats, this is a real oner. It's definitely a toughie, and, to be 100% honest too tough for me to complete, but for managing an intricate, interesting mechanic...it's really, really good. Almost felt like a small indie game that you'd pick up on Steam or something. Give it a look, even if it's not quite your deal, yeah?

Thanks, as always, for all the support and feedback, and have a great day!

Behind the Curtains Stuff
          Spent the day trying to get all my account names and at-marks sorted and it's all been a whole thing. i mean, just a really big pain in the bum. Also i guess i can't change my gmail address? Maybe it'd just be easier to start a new account?
          LBP Community Level look-ats (and other stuffs)! R15F Season 1!, R15F Season 2!, and LittleBite-sizedPlanet!
          Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese language all at once? Now You can!

Comment

Alright! Got another sweet dream coming up at you!

This go about we're having a look at monolith knight by papico412. The too-long/didn't watch is it's a nice looking sidescroller with overly zippy movement. Also, it's really short. Like really short. But, i guess that just means it's easy to give a quick couple of plays?

Thanks, as always, for the support and feedback, and have a great day!

Behind the Curtains Stuffs
            Sorry this got posted late, i got wrapped up watching The Cell. i'd never go so far as to claim it's a good movie, because it certainly isn't, but it has some very evocative imagery. Still, i have to call shenanigans on the killer's self-suspension rig. i just can't see him getting the chains connected, even if he's got rings permanently implanted (to save the trouble of having to re-pierce every time, one imagines).

Comment

Ossu! Got another sweet-dream coming up at you!

This go about we're having a look at Torch Top by Cubixphere. The too-long/didn't-watch is, it's a really neat little kinda-puzzle platformer. Very solid design for the character, some fun iterations on the level mechanics. i know it was featured in the Chinese New Years community contest, but even still, i think it's worth a couple of plays.

i saw Happy Death Day today, and now i feel really chipper. Even still, i think they ended one cycle too late for a really good emotional pay-off.

Comment

This go about we're having a look at Blood On The Marble Floor by Tauroko- (and i only just realized i accidentally left the dash of the end of their name in the video, sorry Tauroko-!). The too-long/didn't-watch is...umm...i think it's broke? Either that or i'm irreparably dumb. i tried every way i could think of to interact with the level and get it to let me progress, but, in the end, bupkis. It certainly looks nice, and there's got to be something there, i just couldn't find it. Give it a look yourselves, see if i just screwed up, or if it's really bricked.

These mosquitoes are eating the ever-loving heck out of my ankles. i mean, yetch, it's just god-awful.

Spent the afternoon reconnecting with an old friend, who i hadn't really had a good talk with in a long, long time. There was a not insignificant chunk of time i spent mostly socially cut-off from the community i'd found when i first got to Osaka. i've been trying to get back to that recently, and the number of folks who've been, just, willing to take me back in with not much more than a "we missed you," has knocked the stuffing right out of me. i just don't even know how to put how i feel about all this.

Got the next LBsP playlist cleanup wrapped, so that can go up Sunday night. Have been having a bit of a thing making playlists on lbp.me recently. Now, i know if you have a level on a playlist, and the creator takes it down, lbp.me treats it as still being there, just invisible; so it'll treat the playlist as full, even if it clearly isn't. It's wonky, but i've made my peace with it. But this go about, i was trying to make a new LBsP main-playlist, so it would appear at the top of the lot. So, i mean these were starting pure, fresh, and empty. And every single time i tried it, i was ending up with level counts one over what was actually in there. i mean, that just doesn't make any sense, does it? It's like there's an invisible floating level that just gloms onto any new playlist i try to make. Is this a ghost?

Also got the first episodes of LBsP & FeverdreamS for next week wrapped but for the PiPs, so we're actually getting on things early.

Comment

Your assessment of that level was spot on. I felt the same way playing that one. I've come across a few like this and it's kind of frustrating in that, is it me? Am I just too dense to know what to do? Great vid as always man. Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Xerorogue View Post
                    Your assessment of that level was spot on. I felt the same way playing that one. I've come across a few like this and it's kind of frustrating in that, is it me? Am I just too dense to know what to do? Great vid as always man. Keep it up!
                    Yeah, i think we're going to see a whole slew of levels breaking like this, at least at first. Kind of like in LBP where a creator thinks "well, i can make this jump, so of course everyone will be able to." Just, with the wide variety of creation types Dreams allows folks to make, there'll be a wider variety of baked in assumptions on the creator-side.

Ossu! Got another sweet dream coming up for you all!

This go about we're having a look at Alice in Dreamland by sjessop462. The too-long/didn't-watch is it's a pretty fun, imaginative platformer that falls apart a bit when the required precision intersects poorly with the looseness of the basic Dreams control package. As a set of stages, it's really big and beefy too, around 30min or so; though you can always quit and return later, it'll start you back on that stage. i had a mostly good time with it, and really liked the character models, but there were definitely a few places that got pretty frustrating. Give it a couple of plays, and see what you think, yeah?

i really am sorry about getting the post up late this go about, but the lack of sleep and poor eating these last couple of days really burnt me the heck out. Got to be around 8p yesterday and my body just said "nope, we're sleeping now. It seems that the leaks are mostly sorted. The Super' said it would take a couple of days for all the water to finish draining out, but i'm not noticing anything dripping from the ceilings anymore, so maybe i don't need to feel so keyed-up. Also, i can use my kitchen again (i think? i hope?), so that's really good. Food that's not trash is where i'm at.

Got my resume/CV thing sent off, so...i guess i just wait for a call-back? It's been 15yrs since i've last looked for a job, so the process is pretty fuzzy in my memory (and there's no reason to assume things will map one-to-one between the US and Japan, natch). Sweating just a bit over here, me.

Comment

This go about we're looking at Revolver by TheSprawl. the too-long/didn't-watch is it's really rather charming, if just a touch twitchy. i'd seen LittleBigDes playing a little of this on one of her streams (watch Des' Twtich streams, yo! They're really good!), and wanted to give it a whirl myself. The title page now says there's more in the works, and it looks like it was updated today, so i guess the tower still has some levels to be built. Give this one a go yourselves, and see what you think!

Still waiting for a response from that factory job. i don't know if that's normal, and i kind of want to stop at the jobs centre and ask. i mean if i'm getting passed over, i should be starting another search right away. i'm probably just having megrims, i suppose.

If you like spicy food in Japan, you'll quickly notice that a lot of shops' menus are...rather less spicy than they claim. Personally, i like spicy enough to sweat a bit so...upper end of middle? Lower end of hot? in the US. To get that here, i usually have to order the hottest thing on the menu. i went to a heavy-metal curry shop for lunch (which, itself, was a mistake, i should be eating at home as much as possible really). Their menu listed "Angel of Death"-level as an option. ... i should not have ordered Angel of Death. Like, this was a pretty bad idea. The chef was not blowing smoke when he wrote out his menu. The cramps i have now are exquisite. For a bit, i wasn't sure if i'd be able to actually finish my walk home.

Comment

Working...
                      X