[FeverdreamS] Community Creations Look-ats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [FeverdreamS] Community Creations Look-ats

Well, i figure y'all know me well enough by now from the LBP stuffs, but we're starting a new Dreams series, and well see where that takes us.

The idea here is we'll be looking at a creator's creation each episode, spending about 4~5minutes in gameplay with commentary, and then another 7~10minutes in a hub to take a little more in-depth look at things, and grading them for the community. i've put together an...acceptable hub and avatar, though i expect those to change over time. i've gotten a lot from the LBP community, as far as the opportunity to put forward something creative on my part, and i've wanted to give back. i want to carry that forward into Dreams as well. So...for our first episode, an Intro.

Behind the Curtains Stuffs

This took so long to put together. Part of it is i've been well-, super-ratbrained the last few months and it's been hard to focus, on much of anything. Part of it was...well, once i actually got to recording, and...the sound balancing is all over the place in Dreams, it feels like. Like, if i'm playing without headphones, i have to jack up the telly's sound super high to hear things. If i play with headphones, things are too loud. It's really hard to expect how loud things will need to be in the final video. i think i got i mostly ok, but i'm not super happy quite yet. Still, it's early on, no?

One thing i want to emphasize here, since i'm not sure if it made it in the final cut (look, there were a lot of takes, it's easy to forget to say things) is i really, really want feedback on the episodes. Feedback made my LBP-focused episodes much better than they would have been otherwise, and i really want to deliver a high-quality product to the Dreams community as well.

Born to be down.
    LBP Community Level look-ats (and other stuffs)! R15F Season 1!, R15F Season 2!, and LittleBite-sizedPlanet!
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese language all at once? Now You can!

Excellent work man! The only thing I'd have to say is the background music is a little loud. I think that needs toning down some but other than that, awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Xerorogue View Post
      Excellent work man! The only thing I'd have to say is the background music is a little loud. I think that needs toning down some but other than that, awesome!
      Thanks, Xero! i hope i can deliver on expectations.

The sound thing is just weird, though. i spent forever tweaking about with the volume knobs on the tracks, and it never seemed to quite hit the right level. And it's not even consistent over tracks, like what i've got set up is four pretty simple bits, just as long as the default music board (i forget what it's called exactly). i didn't play around with the volume on any of the individual music loops on the boards. But the fourth bit in the chain is, for some reason, way louder than the preceding three, even when they're all set to the same volume. It's kind of frustrating. i'm wondering a bit on how sound and music will come through when i'm recording folks' creations. At least i have control when i'm in the hub, but if i'm in a level... i'm going to give a listen to one of my streams and see how it sounds there. Reminds me, though, LittleBigDes was talking about having volume issues in one of her streams as well.
      LBP Community Level look-ats (and other stuffs)! R15F Season 1!, R15F Season 2!, and LittleBite-sizedPlanet!
      Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese language all at once? Now You can!

Comment

Alright! For our first real creations look-at!

This go about we're coming at you with Anastasia and the Note Takers by Morning-Nya. You had to know i'd be starting off with this one. The Iron Defiance section, in particular, to me just encapsulates what Dreams can do, and how big it could be, if the community is there for it. The too-long/didn't watch is...really? You haven't played this one yet? Get in there, jump, dash, and go!

It took awhile, but i at least got some of the sound issues sorted in the hub. Turns out, some of the music loops i had gone into and tweaked the volume down, and other's i hadn't (or hadn't as much), which explains why track three and four are so much louder than one and two. Now...i have no memory of actually doing this. Like none at all, so...that's a bit spooky. It still doesn't address the larger volume balancing issue, though. This level actually has some pretty good music and sound design. You wouldn't know that from the episode, though, as almost none of it comes through. i don't quite know what's going on with all that. When i was recording (with headphones on, natch) i could hear things fine, but just playing the video file on the TV? Bupkis. Now, you can certainly turn up the volume on your telly, and it'll probably come through, but...at least for the video, then my voice will be positively blasting out. If you're just playing levels/creations, that's not really an issue, though it does make things a bit difficult for me.

Last night, i don't know why, i watched Rec 3. It's...marginally better than Resident Evil: Vendetta, but that's kind of like comparing a poo sandwich to poo soup. In the end, you're still eating poo.

Comment

Originally posted by waffleking23 View Post

Thanks, Xero! i hope i can deliver on expectations.

The sound thing is just weird, though. i spent forever tweaking about with the volume knobs on the tracks, and it never seemed to quite hit the right level. And it's not even consistent over tracks, like what i've got set up is four pretty simple bits, just as long as the default music board (i forget what it's called exactly). i didn't play around with the volume on any of the individual music loops on the boards. But the fourth bit in the chain is, for some reason, way louder than the preceding three, even when they're all set to the same volume. It's kind of frustrating. i'm wondering a bit on how sound and music will come through when i'm recording folks' creations. At least i have control when i'm in the hub, but if i'm in a level... i'm going to give a listen to one of my streams and see how it sounds there. Reminds me, though, LittleBigDes was talking about having volume issues in one of her streams as well.
          Yes, I still am having sound problems. No other game gives me this problem. I've tweaked my settings and it ends up messing it up for other games that I stream. So now I just leave it as it is. I've been meaning to take it to the Dreams discord and JohneeB told me to tell one of the devs but I can't remember who it was? So at some point, I'll be taking it to the feedback forums and on Twitter.

The game is just too low, in areas my voice is way too high due to the game itself being barely audible, especially in the tutorials. Doesn't make a great viewer experience. Any Media Molecule devs on here? It's worth pointing them this way to our sound problems. Watching my past broadcasts it's become very obvious.

Turn my mic up, too loud, turn the game up, too loud, go for a 50/50 balance on chat/game audio still too low. Crank the % up towards voice/chat; too loud, crank % back down to prioritise game audio, still too low. I can't win. Yet all other games I stream the 50/50 balance on my mic settings are fine via PS4 device settings. Even if I dial down or up from voice to audio on the transmitter to my mic it's still fine (it's wireless).
          Last edited by LittleBigDes; 30th May 2019, 12:10 AM.
          https://twitter.com/LittleBigDes | #lbpcommunitymashup | twitch.tv/littlebigdes |

Comment

Hopefully it's something MM will get sorted by the final-product stage. Though, as annoying as it is, i have to imagine it's low on their list of priorities. Still...yeah, it's weird as heck.

Comment

Ossu! Coming up at you with another late-night dream.

This go about we're having a look at Ommy's Quest by ManChickenTurtle. The too-long/didn't watch is it's a gorgeous and cute exploratory-platformer that is only really hampered by it's current compactness. i'm really hoping ManChickenTurtle will continue to expand on this one, 'cause it's quite good.

Thanks, as always, for the support and feedback, and have a great day!

i'm going to have to go back and play through some of the Dreams tutorials again. For some reason, i can't seem to find the blend tool when i sculpt, and i was playing around today, and just couldn't seem to apply fleck to sculpture. i'm sure this is an error between couch and console, but it's also a bit frustrating.

Got an episode of LittleBite-sizedPlanet and FeverdreamS done but for the PiPs today, and that puts me a bit ahead. It feels kind of nice.

Comment

Ossu! Got another sweet dream coming up for you!

This go about we're having a look at Space Debris Collection Company by Tetsuyamk2. The too-long/didn't watch is...ahh...it's...ok? It works as a proof-of-concept, but needs a fair amount of polish to bring up into something really special. Still, it clocks in at just 2minutes long, so it's worth at least one or two plays. Also, the whole thing is completely Tetsuyamk2's work, which i think deserves it's own special note.

Thanks, as always, for the support and feedback, and have a great day!

Had to redo the outro bit for FeverdreamS 004, which was disappointing, but will probably result in a better episode (i hope?).

Also knocked out our 10level playlist cleanup episode for LBsP (it'll be up tomorrow night). i swear, those episodes are the biggest pain in the bum, so i'm glad i don't have to worry about it again for another 5weeks or so.

Life is...life-shaped. There're going to be a few small changes to the upcoming streaming schedule. i'll probably do a quick meatspace video on that to go up tomorrow, though i haven't really decided yet. At the very least, i'll find some way to give folks the heads-up.

Comment

Ossu! Got another sweet-dream coming up at you!

This go about we're having a look at Echo of Memory by syanisu530.It's good and my brain is broken right now, so...just go play it, yeah?

Comment

This was a great level. I enjoyed it very much. Great vid!

Comment

Thanks so much, Xero; this was a really good one to put together, though playing Magnetter2 for 30minutes to get 20sec of PiPs was a bit of a thing.

Got another sweet-dream coming up at you, then!

This go about we're having a look at The Gravity Garden by radishlord. It's really neat, but at the same time feels a touch too limited. i'd love to see the concept expanded out some with a few more cubes to wander through. This one did give me the opportunity to play through Chrono Shot, also by radishlord, which is a really neat twin-stick shooter that i heartily recommend.

Thanks for all the support and feedback, and have a great day!

Yeah this one is late, again, the post i mean. Part of that is oversleeping, and that's on me. The other part is, my internet hung up on me, which...that really cheeses me off. The whole point of switching providers was to get something that would be quicker and more stable. What i've experienced the past week...it's been quicker, when it's been stable...but it hasn't been stable. Like at all. Also, my upload speeds have been utter garbo. i haven't actually canceled my contract with my previous provider, so...i'm going to eat a cancellation fee somewhere i think.

Comment

Ossu! Got another sweet dream coming up at you here!

This go about we're having a look at Gold Valley 2 by RbdJellyfish. The too-long/didn't-watch is this is a fun enough puzzler with a cute book-ending of story. It's quite clever, but falls down in the way many of these levels do, once you know the puzzles, there's not much going to challenge you for a second go. Still, it's worth a go about, and it probably won't take you all that long. If you've played Resident Evil 5, you should be solid on handling these.

Thanks, as always, for all the support and feedback, and have a great day!

Well...this has been a whole day. Internally, a big step kind of day. Externally, there're still so many ducks to get in a row. Though, after a point herding ducks just becomes stalling, doesn't it?

Comment

Ossu! Another sweet dream coming up at you!

This go about we're having a look at Topher Thebes and the Enchanted Crystal by Verbal83. The too-long/didn't-watch is this a really well-done movie to build heat for a coming level/series from Verbal83. It accomplishes its goal quite well, though if anything it could use a little polish on the voice acting. Still, Topher's VA is cute as hell. i'm really looking forward to where Verbal will be taking it.

Thanks, as always, for all the support and feedback, and have a great day.

Lots to say and no time to say it, but i can say it in two languages.
                          Last edited by risu5_waffles; 19th June 2019, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Ossu! Got another sweet dream coming up at you here!

This go about we're looking at Valley of the Fallen by shookie_monster. the too-long/didn't-watch is it's a beautiful environment with a fair amount to look at, but not much, ultimately, to do. Still as a starter effort from shookie it's pretty keen, and whets the appetite for a growth like what we've seen from them in LBP. Go, go shookie_monster!

Thanks, as always, for all the support and feedback, and have a great day.

So...there was a thing i needed, and wanted, to do today. It was...i think it is really important, even if it's just for my own self and well-being. And, i chickened out, again. i dunno. On one hand i feel like i'm making mountains from mole-hills, and on the other. It's all hard to say. i'm finally in this, good mood seems too trite, but let's go with that. i'm terrified and panicky about screwing that up. But i'm also scared (but also excited, but also scared) and panicky about moving forward, and it's just doing my head in.

Comment

Ossu! Got another sweet dream coming up at you!

This go about we're looking at Frederick Fox Food Finder by GentlemanTom. The too-long/didn't-watch is this one's real neat. Three well-presented locales (with some very solid music for each), fun gameplay, and a fair amount of challenge (aided by some randomization of food locations). Definitely worth a play or three. Give it a shot and see what you think.

Thanks, as always, for all the support and feedback, and have a great day!

Had a long phone convo with the ex- last night. She was really supportive; i don't know that i expected her not to be, but...well, i'd be lying if i said i hadn't worried. Friday we get to Skype with the parents. Fingers crossed.
                              Last edited by risu5_waffles; 26th June 2019, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X