Dreams EA pre-launch checklist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreams EA pre-launch checklist

With just a few days l do until Dreams EA launches, I thought I’d make a little preparatory checklist of steps that will help us all get playing/creating/sharing as soon as possible:
    • Check your time zone - EA will become available at 10:30am BST for Europe, Australia, and New Zealand regions. For US and Canada it will go on sale at 8:30am PDT
    • Put some money in your ps wallet ahead of time (£24.99/€29.99/$29.99/CAD$39.99)
    • If you’ll be away from your PS4 at launch but you want peace of mind in buying it right away, you can sign into your account on a mobile device to make the purchase.
    • Make sure you have free space on your PS4 HDD - there’s been no official word on the amount of space needed, but considering the small download size of Beta and the fact that EA has no campaign, I think 10gb should be enough.
    • Consider starting up your PS4 in Safe Mode and Rebuild Database. This can help performance especially if you’ve deleted a lot of content from the HDD.
    • Be prepared to back up your profile and creations. PS+ is a convenient way of doing this as you can set it to back up automatically, or you can connect a USB storage device and do it manually.
    • If you plan on using 2 Move controllers, make sure you have adequate space. I find that 7ft from the PS Camera is ideal. If you haven’t used Moves in Dreams before, I highly recommend learning the basics on the DS4 first and then trying the Moves.
    • Stock up on snacks and try to get a little extra sleep before launch day, and once you’re in the Dreamiverse please remember to take regular breaks and drink enough water!
    I look forward to seeing you all there

I like the suggestion for stocking up on snacks. Only 4 more days!

Comment

Maybe we need a split into a Dreams snack thread. Since everyone is likely thousands of miles apart, I'd love to see what people are snacking on. I went grocery shopping today and picked up some junk food I don't normally buy. I had a few crackers then decided I'm not gonna touch another thing until launch day.

Last edited by RyansDreamBox; 14th April 2019, 04:58 AM.

Comment

7 feet from the camera? Damn. I have a pretty small space and plan on sitting quite close to the camera. Hopefully it'll work!

Comment

Originally posted by mawltea View Post
          7 feet from the camera? Damn. I have a pretty small space and plan on sitting quite close to the camera. Hopefully it'll work!
          The height and angle of the camera probably comes into play, maybe also how you use the Moves also. At first I was using bigger gestures than needed and as I got more practice I was able to use smaller movements.

Comment

Great list, I'll buy Dreams immediately, but I'll start playing it like almost a week after launch because I have some stuff to do in LBP3. See y'all on the other side I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by RyansDreamBox View Post

Wow that's a lot of snacks dude! Bet you can't wait to dive into that Old Crotch!

Comment

Thx for the thorough checklist Pookachoo!

Just loaded my psn up for the purchase and deleted some games yesterday to make room for

Never even heard from rebuilding the database..will have to check that out later.

Comment

Originally posted by MixiM View Post

Wow that's a lot of snacks dude! Bet you can't wait to dive into that Old Crotch!

It will last me a while. I might even forget to eat. :D

Comment

Made myself a snack - sourdough with olives and cheese
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	E5F5DF59-9AE0-41CB-A183-B2765F0CFC38.jpeg
Views:	17
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	7988
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pookachoo View Post
                      Made myself a snack - sourdough with olives and cheese