No announcement yet.

Dreams Feb 20th announcement Speculation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve always said I think it will be out for Christmas. But the way they’re talking I just get a vibe that it might be in the next 3-6 months. But that’s me just wishful thinking probably. As I don’t even really play other games nowadays. But I was playing Dreams every second I could

Comment

Don't hit me, but... I didn't play Dreams for a week even when I had spare time. I still appreciate the time I had though.

Next 3-6 months sound very plausible.

Comment

I was thinking about this the other day. I think they're going to make another vague announcement. I don't think they'll give us a day or month but rather say that they are pushing for a 2019 release. Or, they might just be mentioning the Beta Stats. Like, John Beech mentioned this the other day. Did you know that of ALL the stuff uploaded to the Beta, it was less than 50gb. And the majority of that was thumbnails. Wow!

Comment

I'm not surprised by that number. The only thing that took up space (>1MB) was pictures and the uploads of them were buggy (Mine broke and couldn't upload/access on indreams.me past a certain point in my beta access). Big levels seemed to take up a rounded .1 MB from what I saw in beta.

Comment

I have to disagree with that .1 number. I know several times that I came across big or complex levels and they took longer to load. One took a good 2 or 3 minutes. Now I have slow connection but it's not dial-up speed slow. So a 2-3 minute load time is quite a bit bigger than .1 MB or 100,000 bytes.

Comment

My biggest scene (gameplay and graphic thermo both at 100%) is 150mb
              Looking at other creations of mine, it’s not just the thermo that affects file size - one scene I made that was having lag due to too many animated paintings (but thermo has plenty of room) takes more space than a scene with gameplay and graphics thermos at 99%
              But those are whole scenes. A lot of my individual assets are less than .5mb

A Dreams containing multiple scenes may take longer to load, because the individual scenes are preloading to enable faster transitions during gameplay.
              Join the DreamsVerse.com PS4 Community!
              find it through psn Pookachoo

Comment

Oh, I think I must've remembered wrong. Thanks for the correction! I am surprised at that 150mb number as I didn't think it was ever that big. I only ever had problems when I moved my ps4 far away from my router so I didn't do that much investigating

Comment

Working...
                X