Dreams Feb 20th announcement Speculation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreams Feb 20th announcement Speculation

So as the Dreams creator beta comes to a close in a couple of hours Media molecule posted some feedback on the beta testing, a guide to save your creations and intriguingly a suggestion that there will be some sort of announcement of Feb 20th.
    What do you think the announcement will be?... a new beat wave planned in the not too distant future? ...a psvr beta? ...a release date?!?!
    https://www.mediamolecule.com/blog/article/bye_bye_beta

I think the next announcement will be a official release date for the game!

Comment

They said a few days ago that they have no plans for anymore betas, so I don't think that'll be it.
      Hopefully a date announcement, but I think that's unlikely this soon :/
      - Formerly known as FlyingIrishMan

Comment

I can't really think of any "big announcement" besides a release date, but who knows? The only other thing might be some kind of VR stream?

Comment

My guess is a VR stream that shows how VR can work in dreams

Comment

Probably just announcing that they'll be at PAX East or some other show. But, they've already announced that so. It's really too soon to give a release date so that can't be it. Uhhhhh, announcing that everyone who was in the Beta will receive a 2% off discount code when the game launches.

Comment

Originally posted by Xerorogue View Post
              Uhhhhh, announcing that everyone who was in the Beta will receive a 2% off discount code when the game launches.
              Oh, god. I would be PISSED and I eventually got in the beta. I do think the announcement could be about a future announcement though. I also think that even if the release date is December (latest feasible month with what they've been sticking to pretty hard) it might still be a good time to announce now with all the rumors of next gen consoles being thrown around lately. Honestly, I can't really see anything that clearly indicates what it will be. The only time they were super vague about something that I can remember was for the beta, but they were pretty clear about what that was before hand.

Comment

How about an announcement dreams Will be released on PS5 as a debut title...

Comment

I'm expecting more info about the game and its latest version, maybe some recaps / news on event attendance, maybe a release date, I don't know. But, the last time they were vague about Dreams news was when they announced the Beta, so I'm guessing they'll be showing something pretty substantial.

- Links -

Comment

Originally posted by EnochRoot View Post
                    How about an announcement dreams Will be released on PS5 as a debut title...

If that was the case I wouldn' use my money to buy a PS5 but instead buy tables to flip.

But yeah I'm on release date. March or April. Or better yet 21st feb! :D

Comment

They said that the release date will be announced when they are ready with Dreams. Same was with the Beta. I think that maybe Dreams could release in the summer or in the very popular fall season for games.

maybe another game studio joins in and makes a big story with Dreams? Could be announced in that stream

Comment

it has to be a release date.....IT JUST HAS TO =P

Comment

I didn’t think they would release the game soon. But I really do think, with the way they’re talking and making a big deal about it, that it will be the release date announcement. Even if it is a way off. As they said they don’t wanna leave us in the dark. But one thing that makes me think that it could be sooner than we think. Is when they kept saying about the new control system and stressing please bear with us though as this takes time and won’t be ready straight away. Also the way they really wanted people to make sure they saved their stuff online to be available at launch. Which means they’re happy with the stability of the game so much now after the beta that they stopped saying things like should be available unless there’s some catastrophic occurrence.
                          Heres hopping anyway as I’m gonna fast be running out of videos to watch of the beta lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dorien View Post
                            I didn’t think they would release the game soon. But I really do think, with the way they’re talking and making a big deal about it, that it will be the release date announcement. Even if it is a way off. As they said they don’t wanna leave us in the dark. But one thing that makes me think that it could be sooner than we think. Is when they kept saying about the new control system and stressing please bear with us though as this takes time and won’t be ready straight away. Also the way they really wanted people to make sure they saved their stuff online to be available at launch. Which means they’re happy with the stability of the game so much now after the beta that they stopped saying things like should be available unless there’s some catastrophic occurrence.
                            Heres hopping anyway as I’m gonna fast be running out of videos to watch of the beta lol
                            I would absolutely love it if Dreams were released earlier than most folks anticipate.

Usually triple AAA titles aim for the peak sales opportunity of the 4th quarter retail period but this can make for a crowded market where it is difficult to make a significant impact amongst a crowded field. I believe will receive a great reception from the critics and game industry insiders, Mm fans and creative gamers alike but will it penetrate main stream gaming audiences and markets? LBP was a slow burner that steadily grew a niche market share, Dreams has far more potential and with more features and applications being planned post launch it should have much more adaptive potential and stronger market presence.

The stability of the beta was excellent, I didn't experience a single crash....the motion control system is a massive bugbear though. They need to implement much of the feedback regarding this and Mm have shown remarkable honesty compared to some developers by acknowledging the need to do so.
                            With only the current create control method in place at launch then the casual/ new potential dreamer would probably be alienated right from the start and disengage with any creative endeavours pretty quickly. The beta tester were all hardcore creative gamers experienced in different create mediums so not really representative of Joe public who would not have the patience or perseverance to learn the motion control madness and tolerate the imp drift.

I have fingers crossed for a late spring release which would allow momentum to build for a further push during the Christmas sales period....a massive universe of created games and experiences awaiting new dreamers by then, so a two phase launch strategy.

Also call me crazy old Enoch but I still reckon we'll get a PS5 announcement this year and Dreams will certainly figure in the new generations line up as enabling user created content and social media integration will undoubtedly be a massive part of the PS5 plans.
                            Last edited by EnochRoot; 12th February 2019, 09:04 PM.

Comment

The PS5 will come sooner than later.

I love that a alternate control scheme is worked on. Really nice for some things like logic placing, sound editing, precise grid sculpting and so on. I also think Online is being worked on, some minor bugs are being worked on and what not. We might see a release in summer as I said. Speaking of the developer side of things.

Comment

Working...
                              X