Mm Community Jam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mm Community Jam Thread

Since the beta Media Molecule have included a community jam as part of the dreams experience. ...

Have you enjoyed this aspect? Have you entered creations or engaged as a player? Have you encountered any issues?
    What do you like or dislike? What was your favourite theme so far?
    Feel free to post some images or videos of your entries here...

I’ve participated as a creator in almost all the jams up until Camp, now I’m feeling like working on more prolonged projects. I’ve also participated as a player but I do get annoyed at the no-effort entires people do just for the imp quest, or when I see something that’s been “remixed” without any actual changes.

Comment

Originally posted by checkvilBut
      i am Checkvil. This i my login on this forum. it is good ?
      Your original introduction post is here, with replies: https://www.dreamsverse.com/forum/ma...-i-am-checkvil
      Did you have a comment or question about community jams Dreams?

Comment

Originally posted by Pookachoo View Post
        I’ve participated as a creator in almost all the jams up until Camp, now I’m feeling like working on more prolonged projects. I’ve also participated as a player but I do get annoyed at the no-effort entires people do just for the imp quest, or when I see something that’s been “remixed” without any actual changes.
        I was dubious initially buty have entered and played quite a few so far. A great way to get some motivation and learns along the way. For instance the underwater jam, I had no intention to explore underwater creating theme but having joined in this Jam I found it fun and engaging. It also relaxed my attitude to using community assets as I've been trying and failing to make everything myself, just a mental adjustment really.
        I wish they'd address the imp quest issue so idiots stop throwing any old crap just to get the xp.
        I'm not sure how random level selection works when playing the jams and voting?
        Lady Lex pointed out there is a bug so if you enter a dream with exit doors to another part it prevents folks voting for the dream.

Comment

I've participated in a few of them and man, I really had to be a negative nelly but I've been turned off them. Perhaps if they were policed better, then maybe I'd enjoy them more. For one, and one of my biggest complaints is people advertising their creations. The point of the Jams is you submit your creations anonymously so people are voting on the creation and NOT the creator. I see people all the time posting on Reddit, Discord and Twitter, "My entry into the ____Jam."
          And then there is the entries that aren't on theme. This annoys the crap out of me too. I think they should go through the entries and remove those before the voting begins. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Comment

I still think the Contender imp quest is the main problem with the jams, and without that I think we’d have very few bs entries. I have mixed feelings about posting jam creations on social media, I’ve posted some of mine on twitter but I don’t try to make it big promotion, more to show progress of work. I think sharing work in progress especially can help other people get excited but the jam should be a popularity contest. I’ve also had people send me their jam entries in game right before the judging starts, which is quite a spoiler.
            Early on I used my alternate profile to view the jam and the first 5 levels displayed were differ from what I saw on my regular profile - of course I didn’t vote with my other profile, I only use it testing purposes.

I haven’t personally encounter that bug with the doorway, but since the door object provided by Mm uses a timeline that’s probably fairly common

Comment

Working...
            X