Your Dreams set-up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Dreams set-up

I was just wondering if any dreamers had any insights or observations that would help in improving the dreams experience through the set up you use?
    Were you using a TV or monitor? What type? Speakers or headphones? What sort of distance away from the screen? what was your preferred controller, Dual shock or Moves?
    What in-game control preferences did you find beneficial? PS4 or PS4 pro?
    I was using PS4 and Samsung 55"TV, creating with the dual shock...I wondered if using a desk/monitor set up would be easier, maybe countering the imp drift and improving the accuracy? any thoughts folks?

I used an old 500g PS4 with 40” Sony tv and no additional speakers, sometimes headphones. I mostly used DS4, more with Moves near the end of beta. I had problems with the Moves when I was too close to the tv, which had also happened in VR. I find right around 7ft distance from the camera is best. For DS4 I sit on a sofa, Moves I prefer to sit in a chair - more upright posture makes it easier for me. One problem with motion controls in general I find is getting sore wrists, and for me that’s gotten better with a little practice in short intervals.
    I have used a DS4 creating in LBP while sitting at a table and that was okay, I don’t think I’d fancy it with motion control. But Mm said they’re doing a motion free control scheme as well.
    We’re considering a PS4 Pro so I’m also interested in what experience creators have had

Comment

Originally posted by Pookachoo View Post
      I have used a DS4 creating in LBP while sitting at a table and that was okay, I don’t think I’d fancy it with motion control. But Mm said they’re doing a motion free control scheme as well.
      We’re considering a PS4 Pro so I’m also interested in what experience creators have had
      I actually injured myself in the beta, a combination of playing too long without breaks and the awkward positions the motion control was making me use.Hopefully the non-motion control option is at the top of MediaMolecules list to implement in Early access or soon after launch.
      It may sound a little over the top to be considering set up and equipment investment but I figure I'll be dreaming for at least 10 years so why not make the most of the experience. Was considering getting a PS4 pro too but I have a feeling PS5 is a lot closer than SONY are letting on

Comment

I was wondering this myself. I do not have a camera or a move. Wondering if it's worth the investment. The damn imp movement with the built in motion sensor on the regular contoller is a pain in the ass and I cant seem to get the hang of being accurate with object placement.

Comment

The move controllers are excellent for creating, just got to mind that you can rotate before you place/sculpt then it's easier on the wrists. I use the pad for fine tuning logic and testing/Playing levels as the moves are utter pash. Plus the moves don't drift as you have triangulation! Aand the moves have shortcuts that are waay handy. A combination of both is best imo.

Comment

I use the move controller. Always in trouble about the position in Dreams but I will not change !

Comment

I personally have preferred the DS4 so far. ...in combination with the grid scale hotkeys it offers, I get all the precise placement I need though focus can be a problem when editing stamp shapes.

My TV time is somewhat limited though, so I've done a lot of my creating with the Vita in remote play actually. The Vita screen is brighter than my TV too. It does sacrifice R2 and L2 pressure sensitivity but I don't find I use that much anyway, in my creations anyway. I got a grip case for my Vita that at least makes R2 and L2 easier to press (shaped like the DS4 triggers)

Comment

Working...
              X