Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How well did you think MM handled the Beta?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How well did you think MM handled the Beta?

Good day/evening/morning everyone. How we all doing? Me I'm doing ok, a little bit down about not getting into the beta but this is what I wanted to talk to you about today. How well did you think MM handle sending out the beta codes?

Now, before we go ranting and raving I'm going to be fair and said they did a pretty good job but not a fantastic job. From my point of view, there seemed to be a lot of people who signed up and still didn't get a code. Despite a tweet saying all who entered in there details correctly will receive a code getting a lot of peoples hopes up. So now what's your opinion on the matter? :o

In my opinion they handled it as well as they possibly could. I have no issue with the way they distributed the codes in terms of their newsletter. They needed dedicated fans who they could trust to follow the guidelines that come with an NDA, and the newsletter gave them that opportunity. I figured out pretty early that at least SOME exclusive Dreams news would trickle through the newsletter, and wasn't too surprised when they announced that the first round of Beta codes would be given exclusively to newsletter members.

In terms of code distribution. I'm sure they did the best they could with the time they had. In reality we have no idea what the distribution process is like between Sony, Media Molecule and the fans. I'm sure they did the best they could.

- Links -

Comment

I got in this past week and I stand by the fact they did pretty darn horribly. The main problem I have with it is their disregard for the audience size and then advertising the beta with a 3 week notice to a week long sign up. I really think they should've waited until the 4th (when they got back) to do the beta or have pushed the signups to the week they announced it and for a couple days. I think they did the best they could to fix it with now around 19,000 people in the beta (according to follower count in game), but then went ahead and made that worse by claiming hundreds of people entered their data wrong.
      EDIT: I also stand by that their newsletter sign up is broken af. I had to try 5 times to get the confirmation letter. And no, Mm, it wasn't in my spam or promotions.

Comment

It went great for me. Subscribed back in June some time because I wanted to know more about Dreams. Beta comes along and I get in right away no problem.
        Later on, the beta opens up for groups of people that signed up to join. More people get in.
        Then the beta gets extended and now everyone that signed up gets in.
        It's good for me that not everyone wanted to know more about Dreams by signing up to the newsletter. If more people had done so then beta access would probably have gone to a random draw and I might not have gotten in. It had to suck for some people at some point no matter the method. In this case, I got lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Futurecloud View Post
          It went great for me. Subscribed back in June some time because I wanted to know more about Dreams. Beta comes along and I get in right away no problem.
          Later on, the beta opens up for groups of people that signed up to join. More people get in.
          Then the beta gets extended and now everyone that signed up gets in.
          It's good for me that not everyone wanted to know more about Dreams by signing up to the newsletter. If more people had done so then beta access would probably have gone to a random draw and I might not have gotten in. It had to suck for some people at some point no matter the method. In this case, I got lucky.
          Well if only that was true. Quite a few people I've seen who signed up didn't get in. I've been seeing it on twitter, facebook, etc alot of people said there details where correct and didn't get in. I for one, made 100% sure my info is correct. I mean my PSN is Chaos_Martin. Can't get that wrong lol unlike some usernames where it's like whaaa....

Comment

LOL, on usernames, I saw one while ago that was something like I_____IIL__-LL. Like, WTF. On the Beta stuff. I think MM handled the Beta well enough, it was Sony who jacked things up. One thing that irritates the heck out of me though is seeing long time LBP people, people who had a bunch of team picks and bunches of great levels, they got into the Beta and did jack squat. By that I mean they did nothing. They didn't even play anything. Didn't play anyone's creations, didn't themselves create, nothing. What a waste. While tons of other people didn't even get into the beta they wasted their time.

Comment

Originally posted by Xerorogue View Post
              LOL, on usernames, I saw one while ago that was something like I_____IIL__-LL. Like, WTF. On the Beta stuff. I think MM handled the Beta well enough, it was Sony who jacked things up. One thing that irritates the heck out of me though is seeing long time LBP people, people who had a bunch of team picks and bunches of great levels, they got into the Beta and did jack squat. By that I mean they did nothing. They didn't even play anything. Didn't play anyone's creations, didn't themselves create, nothing. What a waste. While tons of other people didn't even get into the beta they wasted their time.
              Feel you on that one ... however I have to say it may have something to do with how tricky the tools were to learn... I only got into the beta in the last wave and took me days in create mode to make a pathetic non functioning 'truck' ... so there is a chance these people spent all the time checking out the tools... ooorrrr just that they got in due to their history of awesomeness... but didn't have time to be involved. Which is why I kinda feel it would be better to have a good amount of the codes given out via communities who know who is excited to get their hands on the beta and be involved!

I started feeling VERY frustrated and low after trying so hard to create things that with a more intuitive tool layout I could have done in minutes... but after exploring more and starting to get to grips with the toolset my enthusiasm and anticipation is on a high again!

Comment

Working...
              X