Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Age rating in games? How would it work? Are we limited?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age rating in games? How would it work? Are we limited?

Hey all so I'm curious as we can make all sorts of games in dreams but what are the rules on games that have a bit of mature content? I.E Swearing, violence, drinking, drugs and even sexually suggested themes? And probs a few more things that you don't want your kids to see.

So Dreams seems to be EU for everyone to use of course but what about the content of games people make? Can we do that? If so do we need to add an age rating on it? or a warning? Or is there some things we can't add at all?

It was always an issue in LBP. EU for everyone meant nothing much was allowed. Even though it did exist up until the mods found it.. If they found or if it was reported that is.

If I recall correctly, even spelling computer would cause **** to happen in chat. lol

Comment

It would be great if they would implement an age filter of some sorts. That would filter out content that is labeled to be for adults. This way, that content can still exist. And kids can still play Dreams when logged in to their accounts (that would have Sony's way to check their age, just like they are using now for the beta).

Comment

Yeah, there was definitely an overcensoring of words in LBP. I hope that they use the ps4's parent lock features, but that seems unlikely as no mention of it has happened in 5 years. The closest thing regarding this matter that i remember was in that rapid fire interview where they asked is nudity, gore, etc allowed and the response was, don't do it. You can make great games without that stuff. or something along those lines (I can't remember the wording so paraphrased)

Comment

Originally posted by jwwPhotos View Post
          It was always an issue in LBP. EU for everyone meant nothing much was allowed. Even though it did exist up until the mods found it.. If they found or if it was reported that is.

If I recall correctly, even spelling computer would cause **** to happen in chat. lol
          Also “happen” gets flagged :p
          and “analog” - as in, analog stick
          Join the DreamsVerse.com PS4 Community!
          find it through psn Pookachoo

Comment

I know you can tell a great story with out all the more mature themes but your still being restricted in what you can tell. As some of the best games I've played have some adult theme stuff with it. like Catherine. one of the scenes she said "It was the first time....someone made me do something like that...." XD

Comment

I hope that the moderation policy is not too strict to allow some more realistic or accurate content. There's always workarounds if you're clever though, like having sausage ropes instead of guts when reliving the Normandy landings.

Comment

I always felt and suggested to regulate the content due to age, like movie ratings. Let the creator drive the tag for the particular age group. ...though yeah, in a perfect world. Sadly, I know it would be abused because some folks just have to troll.

Comment

I always felt and suggested to regulate the content due to age, like movie ratings. Let the creator drive the tag for the particular age group. ...though yeah, in a perfect world. Sadly, I know it would be abused because some folks just have to troll.
                  Ideally I would want a mixed system. Something like the creator sets it, but occasionally after finishing a dream it might prompt someone to rate the age instead of whether you liked it or not (though an option to turn this off in the settings would be necessary). If enough people rate as a higher age rating than the creator, the rating would go up. To counter trolls people would have a weight assigned to their vote based upon how uniformly their votes match the general consensus in their votes with more weight given you voted early. Hard to implement though and people would probably find a way around it, but I say don't tell the users how the system works :D

Comment

Working...
                  X