About Texture Creating And Sharing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Texture Creating And Sharing

I thought I'd post this short exchange between myself and Marcos on Twitter:

1: https://twitter.com/marcoshealey/sta...04734045585413

2: https://twitter.com/marcoshealey/sta...11593130098689

It's not there at the moment but it appears it's something they're working on for the future.

Good, so it’ll possibly be a sticker, but with texture. Wonder if it’ll be UV compatible if so. Good sleuthing Gribble!!
    Whoa

Comment

Huh, wouldn't have thought about the sticker functionality like LBP where strokes wrap around when placed. That would speed things up a lot! Hope it gets implemented in the future, though it's not mandatory.

Comment

Making texture like stickers in LBP for the sky for example is something I use in LBP. I hope stickers like in LBP can be added.

Comment

Originally posted by mdkd99 View Post
          Making texture like stickers in LBP for the sky for example is something I use in LBP. I hope stickers like in LBP can be added.
          I feel it's a 'must have' considering there are no textures in Dreams. Of course anything that can be attached to a flat surface is already possible but we need to be able to create textures that auto wrap.

Comment

Wrapping textures can be difficult - not saying o can’t happen, but I’d be okay with that as an update later on
            In LBP stickers worked well on flat surfaces, and sometimes did okay on the front side of a curved surface, but wrapping over a fully 3D shape and looking good from all angles is more than what LBP could do.
            Join the DreamsVerse.com PS4 Community!
            find it through psn Pookachoo

Comment

I agree, but based off of what they say textures are in this game, they actually are closer to 3D objects. I think it will be easier for them to implement this than other things they've implemented, but I'd give them a few months to see it in the game after release.

Comment

Working...
              X