Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I keep one action from interfering with another?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I keep one action from interfering with another?

For example: My character swings his battle axe by pressing square, but holding L1 while pressing square allows him to cast fire magic.

So
    Square = Axe melee
    L1 + Square = Fire Magic

However, he keeps swinging his axe while using magic, so the issue ends up being
    L1 + Square = Fire Magic and Axe Melee simultaneously

I can't figure out how to prevent that from clashing with each other. I was told to connect L1 into a NOT gate, then connect that NOT gate and the Square Button into an AND gate, then finally connect that AND gate into the Fire Magic action.

The result of following this advice:
    L1 + Square = Axe Melee
    Square = Fire magic and Axe Melee simultaneously

So it just made it worse.

Is there anyway to cancel the axe swing while the Fire Magic action is being performed?

I have no clue. You could try over on feedback.indreams.me and see if you can get an answer in the How Do I section or over on https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4Dreams/

Comment

The NOT gate is definitely the right way to do it. Connect L1 to a NOT switch, and then that into an AND gate, then connect square into the other AND gate slot. That should then only activate when square is pressed, and L1 isn't.

Then make another AND gate and connect it up to both L1 and Square, this should activate your magic, but I'd also connect this up to another NOT, and connect your first AND gate and this second NOT to a third AND gate just to double verify that the axe won't swing alongside the magic.
      - Formerly known as FlyingIrishMan

Comment

Originally posted by Billy View Post
        The NOT gate is definitely the right way to do it. Connect L1 to a NOT switch, and then that into an AND gate, then connect square into the other AND gate slot. That should then only activate when square is pressed, and L1 isn't.

Then make another AND gate and connect it up to both L1 and Square, this should activate your magic, but I'd also connect this up to another NOT, and connect your first AND gate and this second NOT to a third AND gate just to double verify that the axe won't swing alongside the magic.
        Unfortunately that didn't work. It gave me the exact same result as the other individual's advice. I went to the reddit community as Xero suggested, and someone there recommended I use a keyframe instead. I used the keyframe to record myself shutting off the melee action, I then connected the L1 button to that keyframe, now it cancels the melee whenever I hold L1. Which is perfect. Thank you for your help anyway, I appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Manni_DP View Post

Unfortunately that didn't work. It gave me the exact same result as the other individual's advice. I went to the reddit community as Xero suggested, and someone there recommended I use a keyframe instead. I used the keyframe to record myself shutting off the melee action, I then connected the L1 button to that keyframe, now it cancels the melee whenever I hold L1. Which is perfect. Thank you for your help anyway, I appreciate it.
          Sweet, glad you got it sorted anyway. Keyframes are still new tech to me, I tend to still do logic LBP style.
          - Formerly known as FlyingIrishMan

Comment

Working...
          X