How do I edit a Dream?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I edit a Dream?

I was doing the Score gadget tutorial and at the end they had me save it online as private and then create a new Dream and put the level into the Dream.

How do I edit the level inside the dream?

When I open the Dream and hover over the level, there's no EDIT option.

And once I do edit it, do I have to save it online again and create a Fresh Dream or is there an easier way?

I may be wrong but I think it's this way. Ok, a Dream is made up of a scene or scenes. You have to go to your scene, the one that isn't IN the Dream and edit that. Then save/publish and then the one in the Dream is automatically updated to the newest version. If I remember correctly that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Xerorogue View Post
      You have to go to your scene, the one that isn't IN the Dream and edit that. Then save/publish and then the one in the Dream is automatically updated to the newest version.
      Although my experience is somewhat limited I believe you have to enable auto-update on the dream's setting page for this to happen. Otherwise you have to approve the update manually before the changed scene becomes available.
      Broadcasting: Offline

Comment

Yes, you have to radio each Scene itself. They are not editable through the Dream.
        See our Categories guide here:
        https://www.dreamsverse.com/forum/dr...tegories-guide

When updating a Dream (or any other creation) you MUST go into edit mode - even with auto update enabled, you still have to open edit mode for it to happen, and then save, and then release that latest version.

Comment

A related Q
          ​​​​​​
          How do I delete a Dream?

I can delete all of the Scenes inside the Dream, but I don't see a way to delete an empty Dream itself.

Thanks

Comment

I’m wondering about this too. I can delete a local save but I can’t figure out how to delete an online level

Comment

Originally posted by The-Hog-Flu View Post
              I’m wondering about this too. I can delete a local save but I can’t figure out how to delete an online level
              You can’t delete anything that’s saved online

Comment

This is one of my biggest complaints with Dreams. I don't know why we can't delete published Dreams or playable scenes. I can understand elements or public scenes (remixable) because other people may have used the item(s), but if I uploaded a Dreams or scene and decide, "nah, I'm not happy with that work." I should be able to delete it.

Comment

Originally posted by Xerorogue View Post
                  This is one of my biggest complaints with Dreams. I don't know why we can't delete published Dreams or playable scenes. I can understand elements or public scenes (remixable) because other people may have used the item(s), but if I uploaded a Dreams or scene and decide, "nah, I'm not happy with that work." I should be able to delete it.
                  This is just my theory, but I think that maybe the inability to delete online creations is just for beta/EA and it’s likely to change on full release. It seems like PlayStation would want people to delete stuff in order to free up server space, but also testing the capacity of the servers is important and that might be why they won’t let things be deleted now.

Comment

ahhh, now that makes sense right there.

Comment

Working...
                    X