Regarding the camera tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding the camera tool

I want to create short movie clips with Dreams. Basically I want to make looping pieces of music, and have the environment I make in Dreams react to that music, but I'd like to be able to perfectly control where in the enviroment the camera goes, also, at what speed the camera travels at.

Ideally, I'd be able to draw a path for the camera just using the move controllers, place that in a timeline, and stretch it out for the length of a piece of music, to have them both line up (and loop perfectly).

Is this possible in Dreams? I haven't seen a lot of info or videos on the camera tool. I reckon I'll figure out soon enough, of course, just curious to know!

Yeah that’s definitely possible - you can use a Motion Recorder with the Moves to record a pash and have the camera follow that. And you can use your music timeline to trigger anything happening in the level to be in sync with the music.
    If this stuff isn’t covered succinctly by the in game tutorials, I can make a video about the process

Moved this to the Help section as I expect there will be a lot more Dreams questions soon
    Last edited by Pookachoo; 11th April 2019, 05:32 PM.
    Join the DreamsVerse.com PS4 Community!
    find it through psn Pookachoo

Comment

Originally posted by Pookachoo View Post
      Yeah that’s definitely possible - you can use a Motion Recorder with the Moves to record a pash and have the camera follow that. And you can use your music timeline to trigger anything happening in the level to be in sync with the music.
      If this stuff isn’t covered succinctly by the in game tutorials, I can make a video about the process

Moved this to the Help section as I expect there will be a lot more Dreams questions soon
      A tutorial or should that be a Pook-orial vid would be most useful.
      I barely got anywhere with the camera in dreams, managed a cut scene in my Awaken Dreamer creation but would like to know how to make a movie.
      Hopefully someone will create some tech assets to make it easier, a film makers asset pack? I found it a lot less instinctive than the LBP camera set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Pookachoo View Post

Nice! Thanks! Of all the videos on Youtube, your's have been among the most informative by far, I've been studying them again and again to prepare for release! haha. So that would be excellent! I'd love a Pookachoo tutorial on the use of the camera tool!

Comment

Heres a short video from Beta that I just uploaded, I’m using the motion recorder to move the camera and the bumble bee (grouped together). I’m intentionally making the movements erratic but you could do it much more smoothly:
          Join the DreamsVerse.com PS4 Community!
          find it through psn Pookachoo

Comment

Working...
          X