Global time feature?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global time feature?

Hey all, does anyone know if Dreams will have its own global time? What I mean by this is will it have a time memory in game?

For example, if I wanted to a quest in a RPG game that is only available once a week in earth time will there be a feature that allows me to do that? Or it will know the date time and how many days/hours have passed since your last play.

Good question, I have no idea. I hope so. Would be very interesting to see how people use the feature.

- Links -

Comment

Pretty sure I read on Twitter a while back that it's not currently a feature, but is possible in the future, just very very low priority.
      - Formerly known as FlyingIrishMan

Comment

Originally posted by Vertigo View Post
        Good question, I have no idea. I hope so. Would be very interesting to see how people use the feature.
        best use of this feature so far is on the PS2 game Metal gear solid 3.

there is a boss called the end, his a old sniper guy and by old I mean OLD, he is on his last few days.

When you meet him its in a huge forrest, his hidden and isn't easy to find.

When he beats you he'll take you back to a hut back a few miles and you have to face him again, and again each time you lose.

But if you go to your PS2 time and date settings and set the time 2 weeks forward and then meet him again.......he'll die of old age.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcainess View Post

best use of this feature so far is on the PS2 game Metal gear solid 3.

there is a boss called the end, his a old sniper guy and by old I mean OLD, he is on his last few days.

When you meet him its in a huge forrest, his hidden and isn't easy to find.

When he beats you he'll take you back to a hut back a few miles and you have to face him again, and again each time you lose.

But if you go to your PS2 time and date settings and set the time 2 weeks forward and then meet him again.......he'll die of old age.
          I remember seeing this in a video. So good.

- Links -

Comment

Interesting idea - this from someone who’s been grinding way too many “dailies”

Comment

No, there is no global time feature. I asked this very question a while ago because I was thinking about how we could make calendars, clocks or even change the time of day in our levels based on the time of day you played.

Comment

Originally posted by LoudMouse View Post
                No, there is no global time feature. I asked this very question a while ago because I was thinking about how we could make calendars, clocks or even change the time of day in our levels based on the time of day you played.
                Like Pokemon Gold/silver? Man I loved that feature. To be honest the Silver/gold was my pokemon games ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcainess View Post

Like Pokemon Gold/silver? Man I loved that feature. To be honest the Silver/gold was my pokemon games ever.
                  I don't know, I've never played those games to be honest.

Comment

I haven't played either of those either. Honestly the only game that I liked that this was a feature that I have played was animal crossing

Comment

While it's not a feature you could make a time system yourself and let the player set the time and the clock in your game goes by at the same time as in real life. Both for numbers and visual appearance, say day/night cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by mdkd99 View Post
                        While it's not a feature you could make a time system yourself and let the player set the time and the clock in your game goes by at the same time as in real life. Both for numbers and visual appearance, say day/night cycle.
                        While you could make your own clock cycle, you won't be able to link it to any real time, unless there's a feature specifically within the game to allow that.

Otherwise, the clock will stop each time the player is out of the Dream.

Comment

True, but if the player is in the dream for a hour or two he'll see a little change.

Comment

Originally posted by mdkd99 View Post
                            True, but if the player is in the dream for a hour or two he'll see a little change.
                            Fair enough, but I think if that's the case, in-game time should take less than an hour for a full-day cycle. Especially when certain parts of the game require it to be a certain in-game time in order to progress.

While it's subjective, and the most important factor in this is gameplay, I think a full day should take somewhere around 20-40 minutes.

If the time takes an hour to progress, and the game features day/night cycle, players may not play the game long enough for a full day, and such a feature might not even be recognised by the majority of players.

Also I don't want to walk around the bad neighbourhood of an Elf town late at night for too long.

I know it's stereotyping, but I'm pretty sure all Dark Elves are evil.

Comment

I thought about a game like Fallout 4, or Mad Max, not a game with activities that require a certain time to be accessible. I personally set Fallout 4's timescale to 1:1 and it's quite cool.
                              A global time feature might not be part of Dreams. We'll see...

Comment

Working...
                              X