No announcement yet.

Questions for Media Molecule?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This video shows a few transitions on levels while they are dreamsurfing. It probably is choosing random transitions because they're unrelated levels, but you can see a few options.
    I personally like what happens at 7:17 for transition. The only thing I don't like is that the video is heavily cut so it's hard to tell when an actual transition happens.
    Last edited by Koltonaugust; 5th December 2018, 02:11 AM.

Comment

How do you set the controls for a character? can you make characters that are not humanoid? are the controls automatically set like a 3d platformer, or something?, I've seen something similar in videos. I just want to know how much freedom you have to make unique games with weird characters (I'm planning one game where you play as a sand flea, and another where you play as a swing from like a playground swing set).

Comment

Originally posted by MilanRecords View Post
        How do you set the controls for a character? can you make characters that are not humanoid? are the controls automatically set like a 3d platformer, or something?, I've seen something similar in videos. I just want to know how much freedom you have to make unique games with weird characters (I'm planning one game where you play as a sand flea, and another where you play as a swing from like a playground swing set).
        You can set the controls anyway you want, you set the speed for everything, you can make inhuman type characters.
        There is a preset you can use which is also very customisable, but you can also just do it entirely by yourself which will take longer..

You could most definitely do both of what you described, just need to learn the tools a bit first.
        - Formerly known as FlyingIrishMan

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Can you make games that are playable in online multiplayer, or only in local multiplayer?

Comment

Originally posted by MilanRecords View Post
              Can you make games that are playable in online multiplayer, or only in local multiplayer?
              Both, but online multiplayer won't be there at launch, only local multiplayer for the first few months.
              - Formerly known as FlyingIrishMan

Comment

HI Guys, I have a few questions.

Q1. How would we make the bipeds run up the side of a wall/ building? much like the many open-world superhero games?

Q2. How would we make clothes and hair that blows in the wind and doesn't clip through the biped, can you have can you have a collision between the strokes and the biped?

Q3. Will the audio creating section of dreams have midi keyboard compatibility?

Comment

Cory, are you in the Beta? If so, these are questions for the Beta Forums. We can't answer them here as we don't won't to break any NDA rules. Also, welcome to Dreamverse! You should post an intro thread in the Introduction section

Comment

Working...
                  X