Questions for Media Molecule?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for Media Molecule?

Over the next couple of months more information regarding the technical workings of Dreams will be revealed in Live Streams and interviews...with that in mind are there any questions you would like to put to Media Molecule team? They invite questions every stream so if you have a query post it here we'll pass them on.

Q.1 How will regional servers and compatibility arranged? .-Waffleking 23

Q.2 How will printing objects from the game work in terms of printer specs and compatibility? -EnochRoot & Ser Squid

Q.3 How will transitions between levels work? mechanics, links, tech? -Gino

Q.4 What range of materials will be available and will they be adjustable in opacity and texture? -Wild Korcari

Q.5 How will movie cameras function, options, effects etc? - Wild Korcari

Q.6 Will there be an option for 2D modeling, and will cell shading be possible? - Martial

Q.7 Will we have LBP logic as well in dreams (grab-abillity, rotating items, etc)? -KatanaGirl

Q.8 Will there be a split screen option for local multiplayer? - Pookachoo

Q. 9 Will there be a separate mannequin model for quadrupedal characters? - Dougal

Q. 10 Will the dream engine allow for single straight line narrative progression as intended by the creator? -Fahran1979

Q. 11 Will the menus be customizable, and will there be a hub? - Sir Monacle
    Last edited by Pookachoo; 27th January 2018, 10:36 PM.

What are the current level transitions available? Can we see them? Can we use logic to make a level transition?

I'm sure some peoples ideas will need to be broken up into multiple levels. We've already seen doors and light used as a bridge to a new level. Are there any others mm could tell us about?
    <3 Thanks EnochRoot!

Comment

Good question Gino, let's hope the transitions are bug free and can cope with multiplayer too. Will ask the question next time do a stream

Comment

Will dreams have glass and other "special" kinds of materials which effect the player's movement?
        Will there be transparent and translucent materials, if at all?

I Like the painted style Mm are fond of with Dreams, even water looks appealing. However, I wouldn't be surprised if there is no way to make proper reflections in Dreams.
        Something I'm less curious about is the camera, with FoV and warp filters, like fish eye lenses. Again, not an expectation.

I can't wait for the future live streams to start up again. I can imagine as time goes on many people will be eager to ask all sorts of questions particular to what they want to experience in dreams.

Apologies if anything I said is already common knowledge
        Last edited by Wild Korcari; 8th January 2018, 08:28 AM.
        ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Comment

Originally posted by Gino View Post
          What are the current level transitions available? Can we see them?
          I think they have showed level/scene transitions in one of the gameplay demo they have done trough time, it seems like sort of doors mainly, but I am pretty sure we will have the power choosing what would be the environment/item we will be able to transit trough to another scene/level

I have few questions actually:
          one of them is if will we have the option to draw/put 2D figures/items/etc as well to our created scenes or whats not?
          the second one is if there will be the possiblity to make objects rotate/grab-able/"key-d"/ and other lbp logics within your scene gameplay?
          STAY

Comment

will there be a material or object that will act like an Attract-O-Jel where it will make walking on walls and ceilings possible whenever we choose?

and will there be the option to tweak items gravity and the world gravity as well to make your level like a moon?

I know there is more, but I can’t think of it now.
            Last edited by SeVeN161; 7th January 2018, 09:06 PM.

Comment

I’m wondering if quadrupedal characters would have their own manikin. I remember seeing polar bears in one earlier trailer.

Also, I’m curious if they’ll have a content rating/warning system or are we not allowed to make anything above pg / pg-13.

Comment

Dream Surfing question: If I create a series of linked dreams designed to be presented as a single narrative is the Dream Surfing engine intelligent enough to view that as a single experience or can it pull single dream stages and compile them into peoples random experiences (lacking authors intended narrative)
                www.mad-gfx.com | Dreams Collaborative Team

Comment

Originally posted by Dougal View Post
                  I’m wondering if quadrupedal characters would have their own manikin. I remember seeing polar bears in one earlier trailer.

Also, I’m curious if they’ll have a content rating/warning system or are we not allowed to make anything above pg / pg-13.
                  In an interview during PSX I remember somebody saying that quadrupedals weren't directly supported in-game, but that people have found workarounds to get them working.
                  So from that I'd assume they wouldn't have their own manikin.

Originally posted by katanagirl1 View Post
                  and will there be the option to tweak items gravity and the world gravity as well to make your level like a moon?
                  Both of these are possible, again remembering hearing it in a PSX interview.

I think any logic tools that are in LBP, we can assume will be in Dreams.
                  Last edited by Billy; 9th January 2018, 02:34 AM.
                  - Formerly known as FlyingIrishMan

Comment

That's a shame they won't have their own manikins. Aside from a couple of characters in my main project, it'd be neat to make a survival game where the player is an animal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dougal View Post
                      That's a shame they won't have their own manikins. Aside from a couple of characters in my main project, it'd be neat to make a survival game where the player is an animal.
                      They said it can be done, just takes a bit of trickery. I'm sure somebody will share a template within the first few days for people to work off.
                      - Formerly known as FlyingIrishMan

Comment

Originally posted by EnochRoot View Post
                        Good question Gino, let's hope the transitions are bug free and can cope with multiplayer too. Will ask the question next time do a stream
                        Thanks ! That would be sweet!

Comment

There was an interesting Q&A session at the PSX experience featuring developers, community members and our very own Pookachoo...which might provide some insight into some of your questions above...

Comment

I would definitely like to second the question of 3D printing capability and specs.

Comment

If it’s not too late: will there be Mm picks on Dreams? That was the way I found the cool, artsy levels in LBP before LBP3 and Team Picks. I sure hope so.

Comment

Working...
                              X