X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race positions

Anyone know how to do this?
    Defo stumped on this one.
    maybe tag and trigger zone on front and back of car connected to a counter?

Probably can use a bit more info. You seem to be referring to car positions, but is this at the start of a race? Or during the race?

Comment

A little more info would help, if you mean positions/rank during a race, is it a point to point track or a circuit with multiple laps? If it’s point to point then trigger zones might do the trick, if it’s a circuit then you need a way of making sure the ranking isn’t messed up if the leader laps the last car.
      I think this might be a good question for Mm’s Tuesday jam but knowing what sort of track would be helpful

Comment

Yeah it's a circuit not point to point and the race positions yes like 3rd 4th etc.
        I assume to 'lock' the next level,track whatever you would use a good doorway when 1st has been met and a bad doorway when it hasn't.
        So anyway I've now got about 10 tracks ready for release just gotta get the race positions done and it's good to go.
        pretty proud of what I've achieved since when I started I could even move the imp lol.
        Its still quite basic but it is fun and just the right side of challenging cant wait to release it.
        Also, I wrote some pretty decent songs for it as well.

Comment

I’ve tweeted to Mm suggesting racing games as a stream topic

Different doorways seem like a good approach, Persistent Variables might come in handy as well.

Comment

Did they do it? Still cant figure out how to do race positions

Comment

A couple streams were skipped because of technical problems, but I don’t think they ever addressed this question. Posting another tweet...

Comment

I this is an old topic, but there was some related discussion on Twitter and this tutorial came up: https://twitter.com/tapgiles/status/...967625223?s=21

Comment

Working...
                X