Trying to tweak D-BUG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to tweak D-BUG

So I am trying to adjust movement speed on D-BUG, and it’s a rats nest of wires and microchips. Anyone know how I can find the movement variables? I’m still pretty new to dreams, but I’ve viewed most of the tutorials and nothing seems to come close to helping...

Ignore the wires
    What you need to do is tweak the Puppet itself rather than mess with the microchips. Press L1+Square while hovering over the D-Bug character to open the Puppet Tweak menu, then change the maximum walking speed. There you can also change jumping height and other basics.
    D-Bug is grouped with its microchips, so you’ll need to scope into that group first. If you end up in the tweak menu for individual sculpts, you’ve scoped in too far.

Comment

Originally posted by Pookachoo View Post
      Ignore the wires
      What you need to do is tweak the Puppet itself rather than mess with the microchips. Press L1+Square while hovering over the D-Bug character to open the Puppet Tweak menu, then change the maximum walking speed. There you can also change jumping height and other basics.
      D-Bug is grouped with its microchips, so you’ll need to scope into that group first. If you end up in the tweak menu for individual sculpts, you’ve scoped in too far.
      Hi.

I’ve done that, but it just brings up a generic Properties menu, with Physical Properties (Visible, Moveable, Power) a Labels & Ownership, Collision Labels, and Audio sub menus.

There are multiple microchips attached to D-BUG, but either they have nothing relevant, or zillions of things all wired like crazy, including dozens of sub-microchips and other items.

I’ve traced the left stick links to a Walking Strength gadget, but it doesn’t have any values to modify. As for jumping, it is a similar story, I can trace things through multiple gadgets and sub-microchips, but none have values that can be modified.

Comment

Originally posted by Strongblade View Post

Hi.

I’ve done that, but it just brings up a generic Properties menu, with Physical Properties (Visible, Moveable, Power) a Labels & Ownership, Collision Labels, and Audio sub menus.

There are multiple microchips attached to D-BUG, but either they have nothing relevant, or zillions of things all wired like crazy, including dozens of sub-microchips and other items.

I’ve traced the left stick links to a Walking Strength gadget, but it doesn’t have any values to modify. As for jumping, it is a similar story, I can trace things through multiple gadgets and sub-microchips, but none have values that can be modified.
        That generic properties menu is for the Group, you need to scope in until you can open D-Bugs puppet menu - you don’t need to open any of the chips, this is the same for alll characters made using the Puppet gadget.
        Here’s a super short video:

Comment

Thanks for the info. I had to scope specially into his faceplate for it to show up.
          Last edited by Strongblade; 19 September 2020, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X