Struggling to Make Stamina Bar Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling to Make Stamina Bar Work

Basically, what I'm trying to achieve is to have a puppet build up its stamina bar every time it hits an enemy during a fight.

Theoretically, this is how is should work in gameplay:

At the start of a Dream you begin with an empty stamina bar.

When you attack an enemy and miss, you don't gain stamina. But when you attack again and successfully land a hit you build up some stamina (and you have to continually land successful hits to an enemy to fill up the bar).

But I'm struggling to make the stamina bar function in the way as described above.

What gadgets would I need for this and how should they be set up?

Many thanks.

I reckon someone could answer better than me here but I did something a little like this for my game angry ball when I needed a sprint meter. But I wasn’t adding to it. Just draining it.

To add to it like you say I reckon it would involve something like an impact sensor running into a counter so as to count any impacts and then connecting this to a timeline with a text displayer ( the text displayer would be a load of spaces and just be a text box that you can animate larger and smaller). I hope that gives some ideas but I reckon someone on here can answer better than me.

Wise-Ollie

Comment

Originally posted by Wise-Ollie View Post
      I reckon someone could answer better than me here but I did something a little like this for my game angry ball when I needed a sprint meter. But I wasn’t adding to it. Just draining it.

To add to it like you say I reckon it would involve something like an impact sensor running into a counter so as to count any impacts and then connecting this to a timeline with a text displayer ( the text displayer would be a load of spaces and just be a text box that you can animate larger and smaller). I hope that gives some ideas but I reckon someone on here can answer better than me.

Wise-Ollie
      Thank you and much appreciated for responding.

I'll try your suggestion and see where it goes.

Comment

I meant to reply sooner and just forgot, sorry
        Here’s a coMmunity made health bar that might be a good starting point https://indreams.me/element/oqLYQLozESR
        That and other logic from the coMmunity are in the Tools Bag of my Popit collection

Comment

I have a tutorial about how to do that stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI2JcnqbSsk

Comment

Working...
          X