Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animation at respawn problem

Hello!

I have a problem: when the character respawns all of his animations playat once. I even tried deactivating all the microchips upon death, and deactivating them all together, but the animations still play. Why?
    How can an animation play when it is deactivated?

Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong in my logic?

Thank you very much! I really hope to find a solution for this!

Best

Mr.Flip

Hi Mr. Flip! Could you please send us your logic or tell us what your puppet does exactly? Puppet or sculpt? Are they custom animations or the default ones? Are you sure that the animations are playing and not simply colliding? And so on. Would make it easier to troubleshoot!

Comment

Thank you!
      they are custom hand keyframed animations on a puppet. Paint strokes and logic are animated as well within the timelines.
      the logic is a bit complex but what it comes down to is r1 or r2 = attack animation, and if you take too much damage on your shield your shield breaks. N
      that this problem only happens from the first death onward. On first puppet possession this problem does not happen.
      By the way what do you mean by animation "colliding"? This sounds like it might be what could be causing it. What does it mean? Click image for larger version

Name:	15851346969797475714680086695735.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	10584
      Sorry I only had dreams for a couple weeks, still figuring it out
      Hello! I have a problemsad(: when the character respawns all of his animations playat once. I even tried deactivating all the microchips upon death, and deactivating them all together, but the animations still play. Why? How can an animation play when it is deactivated? Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong in

Comment

Weirdly enough, when I published the asset, once I loaded it in a fresh scene, it was completely fine. I think it was a bug of some sort. So... In a weird and unexpected way, that issue resolved itself.
        : where issues resolve themselves.

I have another question since we are here. I noticed that when I go from idle to walk, the puppet returns to its default position inbetween, which is really odd and looks wonky. Do you know how to adjust that?

Cheers!

Mr.Flip

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 14.04.46.png
Views:	19
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	10590 Hey Mr flip I checked the indreams feedback page, and it is indeed a bug! xD Dreams does have a very weird way of resolving issues

Comment

About the walk animation/idle animation, try this tutorial:

Should explain it (I'm not very good at animation )

Comment

By the way, that character is looking awesome!

Comment

DreamsOfSunlight so it is a glitch lol!!! I spent so many hours trying to fix it.

Glad you like the character! He is Tristan the Space Knight. It's in the dreamerverse for use now if you want to try it. I also just published a basic enemy for him to fight.

Let me know what you think

Oooh! I am going to check out that tutorial. Thank you!
                Mr Flip

Comment

Working...
                X